Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints At West Ham United The Verdict 10:10 - Mar 1 with 839 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52107/saints-at-west-ham

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 12:02 - Mar 1 with 765 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who do you blame Nick for not addressing the defence over the last 4 years? You are right - the defence is terrible and has been since we sold VD for 80 million, Fonte, Alderverald, Cedric for 5m, Targett for 15m, Yoshida for 5 m, Lovren etc etc. Who should we blame for having to watch a terrible defence year after year? We have sold about 8 defenders in that time.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 12:28]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:22 - Mar 1 with 707 viewskingslandstand1

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 12:02 - Mar 1 by Saintsforeverj

Who do you blame Nick for not addressing the defence over the last 4 years? You are right - the defence is terrible and has been since we sold VD for 80 million, Fonte, Alderverald, Cedric for 5m, Targett for 15m, Yoshida for 5 m, Lovren etc etc. Who should we blame for having to watch a terrible defence year after year? We have sold about 8 defenders in that time.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 12:28]

Al least Ralph actually blamed the defence after the game for the defeat so maybe the message is getting across?
Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:39 - Mar 1 with 698 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:22 - Mar 1 by kingslandstand1

Al least Ralph actually blamed the defence after the game for the defeat so maybe the message is getting across?

Message is probably getting across to Ralph. Is he saying to the board / owner "Get me a couple of decent defenders or I won't sign a new contract"? I wouldn't blame him. If Ralph isn't backed this summer, with 1 year left, he will be history.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:42 - Mar 2 with 567 viewsDorsetIan

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:39 - Mar 1 by Saintsforeverj

Message is probably getting across to Ralph. Is he saying to the board / owner "Get me a couple of decent defenders or I won't sign a new contract"? I wouldn't blame him. If Ralph isn't backed this summer, with 1 year left, he will be history.

Is it just me, but were goals 1 & 3 really defensive howlers? Both looked like very good attacking play to me. Yes, both caught Bednarek flat-footed but the third involved an awful lot of luck with that first flick-on falling very nicely.

I think the real problem was up front, where we creating very little indeed.

The obvious change was to bring on KWP, push JWP into midfield and bring on Ings for Obafemi. Those changes could have sparked Boufal into life too.

I am struggling to remember when Ralph made inspirational changes. He is a great manager but tactically I rarely fancy him to out-think the fella in the other dugout.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 16:04 - Mar 2 with 527 viewskernow

I thought Michael Obafemi's goal was sublime.
No-one has even mentioned it.
Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 18:04 - Mar 2 with 484 viewskingslandstand1

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:42 - Mar 2 by DorsetIan

Is it just me, but were goals 1 & 3 really defensive howlers? Both looked like very good attacking play to me. Yes, both caught Bednarek flat-footed but the third involved an awful lot of luck with that first flick-on falling very nicely.

The obvious change was to bring on KWP, push JWP into midfield and bring on Ings for Obafemi. Those changes could have sparked Boufal into life too.

I am struggling to remember when Ralph made inspirational changes. He is a great manager but tactically I rarely fancy him to out-think the fella in the other dugout.

Is he a great manager if he lacks tactical knowhow only I though nowadays his job title is probably head coach in which case he needs a bit of assistance, but surely a manager needs to have decent tactical nuance?

As you rightly say, that wasn't shown on Saturday in particularly with substitutions and changing the game when necessary. Not all the time, but we have all queried his tactics and substitutions at times

To go against what I've just said, I'd still keep him unless Pep wants a couple of years on the south coast

Oh, and it was a def defensive c0ck up for the 2nd and the ball I think was given away for the 1st. 3rd was a good breakaway goal when we were looking for an equaliser
[Post edited 2 Mar 2020 18:05]
Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 20:13 - Mar 2 with 440 viewsBicester_North

Saints At West Ham United The Verdict on 14:42 - Mar 2 by DorsetIan

Boufal in the cup home game v Spurs springs to mind. I agree about the odd selections sometimes but he’s a proper manager and anyone like saint22 or i_would who calls him pathetic and wants him out is a dismal excuse for a supporter, or more likely not a Southampton supporter at all. Ralph isn’t perfect but some of our sphincter fanbase think we can suddenly find someone better. They are the true c*nts.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024