Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs Versus Bars 09:28 - Mar 7 with 557 viewsSaintNick

5 years ago the Pub industry was in decline, the number of pubs shutting was obscene, possibly due to the stranglehold of the big pub companies, but in the last few years the trend has reversed with the opening of so many small bars all over the place who being independent can offer some good beer at reasonable prices.

So discuss

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pubs Versus Bars on 09:49 - Mar 7 with 537 viewsOccasional_Showers

Do any genuine drinking pubs exist any more?

Round my way every pub is now a restaurant and if you don’t serve good food and get a reputation for it you’re toast.

Coffee shops are the in thing now. Why go to all that effort and cost having beer on tap when you can sell a cup of coffee for £3.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Pubs Versus Bars on 10:01 - Mar 7 with 526 viewsSaintNick

Pubs Versus Bars on 09:49 - Mar 7 by Occasional_Showers

Do any genuine drinking pubs exist any more?

Round my way every pub is now a restaurant and if you don’t serve good food and get a reputation for it you’re toast.

Coffee shops are the in thing now. Why go to all that effort and cost having beer on tap when you can sell a cup of coffee for £3.

There are still a few good pubs in and around Southampton , Totton has quite a few pubs that have been there for years and still cater for the locals rather than food

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Pubs Versus Bars on 12:12 - Mar 7 with 440 viewsHeisenberg

There are still some good old traditional boozers left and some good micro brewery places but the chains have taken over. Why anyone wants to drink in a Wetherspoons is beyond me.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024