Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
replacement kit 16:30 - Oct 23 with 902 viewssaint22

Got an email from the club today with a code offering me replacement shirts for the kids.
Brilliant I thought, as did they, how kind
Yet in another classic Saints PR disaster it appears all Youth kits have Virgin Media as the front sponsor not sportsbet.io so WTAF????
As my boys said :"what's the point Dad might as well have saved their cash and we keep the old one its still not like Danny wears"
replacement kit on 18:38 - Oct 23 with 843 viewsPaleRider

So you want your kids advertising a betting company?
replacement kit on 18:54 - Oct 23 with 829 viewsHeisenberg

Perhaps you should tell your 'kids' that they are lucky to have such a high achieving parent and to cheer them up they will have exclusive access to the New York apartment when they get older. Sounds like your 'kids' are the spoilt types of the elite.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

replacement kit on 19:08 - Oct 23 with 816 viewshedgeend61

Following the rules, not allowed on kids shirts.
Makes sense.

From the Gambling Commission,

A number of British sports clubs have sponsorship deals with gambling operators. Sports sponsorship falls within the definition of advertising in Section 327(2)(a) of the Gambling Act 2005 (the Act). Such sponsorship deals must comply with the gambling industry code for socially responsible advertising including with regard to the branding of children’s replica kits.

The gambling industry code for socially responsible advertising (the industry code) covers this issue and states at paragraph 33 that:

The advertising of adult-only gambling products or product suppliers should never be targeted at children. This applies equally to sponsorship and this code requires that gambling operators will not allow their logos or other promotional material to appear on any commercial merchandising which is designed for use by children. A clear example of this would be the use of logos on children’s sports shirts which in future would not be permitted under the terms of this code. Children’s shirts and other merchandise will be defined as those that do not attract VAT.
replacement kit on 19:22 - Oct 23 with 812 viewssaint22

replacement kit on 19:08 - Oct 23 by hedgeend61

Following the rules, not allowed on kids shirts.
Makes sense.

From the Gambling Commission,

A number of British sports clubs have sponsorship deals with gambling operators. Sports sponsorship falls within the definition of advertising in Section 327(2)(a) of the Gambling Act 2005 (the Act). Such sponsorship deals must comply with the gambling industry code for socially responsible advertising including with regard to the branding of children’s replica kits.

The gambling industry code for socially responsible advertising (the industry code) covers this issue and states at paragraph 33 that:

The advertising of adult-only gambling products or product suppliers should never be targeted at children. This applies equally to sponsorship and this code requires that gambling operators will not allow their logos or other promotional material to appear on any commercial merchandising which is designed for use by children. A clear example of this would be the use of logos on children’s sports shirts which in future would not be permitted under the terms of this code. Children’s shirts and other merchandise will be defined as those that do not attract VAT.

Yes I wasn’t aware of that rule, which begs the question why allow betting to sponsor football clubs at all?
replacement kit on 20:14 - Oct 23 with 780 viewshedgeend61

replacement kit on 19:22 - Oct 23 by saint22

Yes I wasn’t aware of that rule, which begs the question why allow betting to sponsor football clubs at all?

Money, they can afford it, though maybe banned come 2023, Spain banning 2021-22.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53261364
replacement kit on 17:35 - Oct 24 with 638 viewsTripleNiemi

You have kids? Wow......serious here, i honestly thought you were fairly young yourself.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

replacement kit on 06:58 - Oct 25 with 545 viewssaint22

replacement kit on 17:35 - Oct 24 by TripleNiemi

You have kids? Wow......serious here, i honestly thought you were fairly young yourself.

43 is young isn’t it??
replacement kit on 08:42 - Oct 25 with 517 viewsSadoldgit

replacement kit on 06:58 - Oct 25 by saint22

43 is young isn’t it??

It is to me! 😉
Login to get fewer ads

replacement kit on 09:18 - Oct 25 with 501 viewsKennington

Most clubs with betting sponsors simply have blank shirts for kids. I reckon the virgin logo looks better than an empty space.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

replacement kit on 09:35 - Oct 25 with 496 viewsBicester_North

I thought those imaginary kids said they wanted to support someone else, due to Saints inability to employ the low block effectively?

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024