Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! 12:20 - Dec 8 with 1080 viewsTimSaint

Brighton have gone 10 Premier League games without a win at home (D4 L6), their longest run without a victory on home soil in the league since a run of 12 in the fourth tier, ending in February 1998. HOWEVER - they have managed to win an EFL Cup Match at home during that run - a 4-0 win over Portsmouth !!

Southampton won a Monday Premier League game for the first time in 15 attempts (D7 L7).

Only Chelsea (eight) have scored more Premier League goals from set-piece situations (excl. pens) than Southampton this season (seven).

Southampton defender Jannik Vestergaard has netted three goals in his past seven Premier League appearances, after managing just one in his previous 45.

James Ward-Prowse registered his 25th Premier League assist for Southampton, a haul bettered by only three players (Le Tissier 63, Tadic 27, Dodd 26).

Danny Ings is the first Southampton player to score in four consecutive away Premier League appearances since Rickie Lambert in January 2013.

TimSaint

Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 14:12 - Dec 8 with 1015 viewsSalisburySaint

add to that Saints are the 11th club to obtain 1000 Premier League Points as a result of last nights win
Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 14:39 - Dec 8 with 987 viewsTimSaint

and whilst on the subject of Monday night games, I'm sure it was a Monday night when Puncheon temporarily left the field for a 'quick crap' against Everton, about 7 or 8 years ago !! :-)

TimSaint

Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 01:03 - Dec 9 with 792 viewsdarthvader

Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 14:39 - Dec 8 by TimSaint

and whilst on the subject of Monday night games, I'm sure it was a Monday night when Puncheon temporarily left the field for a 'quick crap' against Everton, about 7 or 8 years ago !! :-)

Yeah but its ok ...because he sh.its when he wants

keep the faith coyr

Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 07:43 - Dec 9 with 746 viewsdirk_doone

Southampton have never lost a Premier League, FA Cup or League Cup game against Brighton.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 22:27 - Dec 9 with 656 viewsdirk_doone

Apparently, during a side line fracas, an official identified the coach he was booking as the black one. This has now been designated as one of the worst offences ever committed by a football official in the history of football.

Come on! Having lived and worked in countries where I was referred to as the white one, I see this as a clear and obvious way to identify someone, when you don't know their name. Was I offended? Of course not.

If he could have seen a number on his shirt, I have no doubt that he would have used that instead.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 9:40]

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 22:44 - Dec 9 with 635 viewsSaintsforeverj

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 22:27 - Dec 9 by dirk_doone

Apparently, during a side line fracas, an official identified the coach he was booking as the black one. This has now been designated as one of the worst offences ever committed by a football official in the history of football.

Come on! Having lived and worked in countries where I was referred to as the white one, I see this as a clear and obvious way to identify someone, when you don't know their name. Was I offended? Of course not.

If he could have seen a number on his shirt, I have no doubt that he would have used that instead.

[Post edited 10 Dec 2020 9:40]

After watching scenes of the chaos of angry players walking off the pitch, I was expecting to hear that the 4th official had used the n word or called a player a black...... There you go, we are walking on egg shells. The black one, the white one, the women with curly hair, the tall guy, the one with the long hair - it's not offensive. As you say, it's not racist is it. And this is where the danger lies, non racist people, are getting in serious trouble for simply saying something natural that isn't racist! I suspect, it's this over the top sensitivity or whatever we call it, that caused the boos at Millwall the other night.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 22:50]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 07:53 - Dec 10 with 589 viewsBison

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 22:44 - Dec 9 by Saintsforeverj

After watching scenes of the chaos of angry players walking off the pitch, I was expecting to hear that the 4th official had used the n word or called a player a black...... There you go, we are walking on egg shells. The black one, the white one, the women with curly hair, the tall guy, the one with the long hair - it's not offensive. As you say, it's not racist is it. And this is where the danger lies, non racist people, are getting in serious trouble for simply saying something natural that isn't racist! I suspect, it's this over the top sensitivity or whatever we call it, that caused the boos at Millwall the other night.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 22:50]

I wonder what the Romanian for black is ?

The Romanian fourth official Sebastian Coltescu was identifying Basaksehir assistant Pierre Webo, the former Cameroon striker, to the referee when the alleged comment was made. Coltescu was speaking Romanian, with TV footage showing him saying: “The black one over there. Go and check who he is. The black one over there, it's not possible to act like that,” after Webo had vehemently protested against a refereeing decision.

Webo reacted angrily, shouting at Coltescu: “Why did you say negro?”

So could this be lost in translation .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 09:41 - Dec 10 with 553 viewsdirk_doone

Some Interesting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 07:53 - Dec 10 by Bison

I wonder what the Romanian for black is ?

The Romanian fourth official Sebastian Coltescu was identifying Basaksehir assistant Pierre Webo, the former Cameroon striker, to the referee when the alleged comment was made. Coltescu was speaking Romanian, with TV footage showing him saying: “The black one over there. Go and check who he is. The black one over there, it's not possible to act like that,” after Webo had vehemently protested against a refereeing decision.

Webo reacted angrily, shouting at Coltescu: “Why did you say negro?”

So could this be lost in translation .

The word for black in Romanian is negru.

Login to get fewer ads

Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 09:43 - Dec 10 with 552 viewsPaleRider

In Romanian "the black one" is "cea neagră". Suspect this is a storm in a tea cup.
Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 10:02 - Dec 10 with 545 viewsBison

Should they ban viețile negre contează in Romania as some people might misinterpret it ?

Black Lives Matter.

Some Intersting Facts and Stats After Last Night !! on 16:44 - Dec 10 with 491 viewsBison

I'm not on twitter but have the mob apologised yet to the poor Rumanian yet ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024