Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! 09:10 - Jan 28 with 820 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/54053/forget-brandon-wil

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 09:30 - Jan 28 with 786 viewssaint22

We need both a CB and a LB
To address one position will just leave us short again in the other, thats why we are in the position we are right now
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 9:30]
Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 09:33 - Jan 28 with 765 viewsButty101

Sweet Jesus has Saint22 got hold of the admin password.... We dont need another centreback ffs

How about looking at the misfiring attack that flatters to deceive. I would say Adams in his position is the equivalent Jack Stephens. Adams creates the odd chance but cant hit the back of the net and is never going to be a 15 goals a season man. His saints career stats todate played 55 scored 8.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 11:12 - Jan 28 with 686 viewsBerber

FFS it's not like JS is sub standard, he's just not as good as JV this season. Last season he was a first pick for a good length of time. The Arsenal game showed very clearly that our back up FBs are useful squad members, but not first pick material yet. We need another first pick quality FB. Sure at times we will be stretched because of injuries and suspensions, but there's no need to reinvent the problem.
Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 12:52 - Jan 28 with 630 views1885_SFC

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 09:30 - Jan 28 by saint22

We need both a CB and a LB
To address one position will just leave us short again in the other, thats why we are in the position we are right now
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 9:30]

Despite his questionable start to life at St Mary's, Salisu is the CB that was bought to solve our problems. I would imagine Ralph is tearing his hair out with frustration that he hasn't been able to play him yet.

Because of Salisu and the future plans/hopes we have for him - we won't be buying another CB anytime soon.

Old School is Cool

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 583 viewsSonicBoom

By the time Salisu plays his debut will also be his testimonial.....
Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 13:30 - Jan 28 with 582 viewsBicester_North

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 09:33 - Jan 28 by Butty101

Sweet Jesus has Saint22 got hold of the admin password.... We dont need another centreback ffs

How about looking at the misfiring attack that flatters to deceive. I would say Adams in his position is the equivalent Jack Stephens. Adams creates the odd chance but cant hit the back of the net and is never going to be a 15 goals a season man. His saints career stats todate played 55 scored 8.

Bit harsh on Adams I reckon Butty.

He’s got 4 goals and 4 assists and has a good eye for a pass. Overall his performances have been good.
He is at his best when Ings is sharp, he definitely doesn’t seem the type to lead the line.
He’s probably as good a second striker as we can hope for.
To score more than 1 goal a game we seem to need Ings on form and contributions from the midfield, plus the set piece threat that seems to have dried up a bit since Vestergaards injury.

With Walcott suddenly all over the show compared to earlier in the season, and Redmond/Djnepo inconsistent or injured we’re not nearly as threatening up front as we were
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 13:31]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 13:49 - Jan 28 with 562 viewsKennington

High time we replaced Fonte

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 13:53 - Jan 28 with 558 viewsSaintNick

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 12:52 - Jan 28 by 1885_SFC

Despite his questionable start to life at St Mary's, Salisu is the CB that was bought to solve our problems. I would imagine Ralph is tearing his hair out with frustration that he hasn't been able to play him yet.

Because of Salisu and the future plans/hopes we have for him - we won't be buying another CB anytime soon.

I didnt say we should "buy" another centre back, but that we should get one in on loan to cover us for the rest of the season.

Jack Stephens career has followed pretty much the same pattern in the last 4 years, he can put in short runs of games where he can put in decent performances, but over longer periods he gets found out.

He seems to lack the concentration needed for the full 90 minutes in some games, that doesnt make him a bad player, he is a good servant for the club, but he has not shown he can be a 38 game a season first name on the team sheet player.

He can have a role to play, if Vestergaard had been out for 2-3 games he would have returned to the bench with his reputation intact and the usual suspects on here and social media claiming he will play for England and I have something against him.

I like Jack Stephens I just know his limitations, the fact that for the umpteenth time in 4 short years since his debut, this is cropping up again is proving my point,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 15:29 - Jan 28 with 506 viewsButty101

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 13:30 - Jan 28 by Bicester_North

Bit harsh on Adams I reckon Butty.

He’s got 4 goals and 4 assists and has a good eye for a pass. Overall his performances have been good.
He is at his best when Ings is sharp, he definitely doesn’t seem the type to lead the line.
He’s probably as good a second striker as we can hope for.
To score more than 1 goal a game we seem to need Ings on form and contributions from the midfield, plus the set piece threat that seems to have dried up a bit since Vestergaards injury.

With Walcott suddenly all over the show compared to earlier in the season, and Redmond/Djnepo inconsistent or injured we’re not nearly as threatening up front as we were
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 13:31]

Im not sure its that harsh.

Stephens has had some decent games back. But as soon as he makes a mistake and a goal is scored he gets abuse.

Adams works hard but with out thinking to hard, i can think of several sitters he has missed in recent weeks. Plus he has taken over the Shane Long offside award.

So after a run of a few promising games Adams like Stephens has made mistakes. maybe he just cant conetrate for 90mins as well
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 15:31]

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 17:45 - Jan 28 with 429 viewsSadoldgit

Adams has not been a prolific goalscorer for us so far, it is true, but his link up play and workrate and the way he fits into our playing style is first class.
Stephens is ok as a back up player but really shouldn’t be relied on for long term cover.
Forget Brandon Williams It's A Central Defender We Need ! on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 411 viewscocklebreath

Change the record Nick, we don’t need another CB

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024