Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings (club not to blame) 12:30 - Feb 25 with 1543 viewsstmichael

I think the ongoing contract saga is a contributory factor to the general mood at the club and the slump in form.
We don't know exactly what the problem is but it does seem as if Ings was close to signing a new deal some time ago however the sticking clause appears to be the release clause.
It's been reported that Ings wants a £20 million release cause.
If true we cannot agree to that.
All that does is give him a hefty pay rise until the summer at which point he will have a choice of clubs as EVERYONE would be in for him at that price.
As things stand I don't blame the club I think we have done all we can (except provide him with a team that matches his talents).
Sad to say we will probably have to sell in the summer however we need to be setting the asking price as Liverpool have a big sell on clause.
No less than £40 million which for a 29 year old would be good business especially if we spend it wisely which we probably wont.
I might be entirely wrong but if Danny knows he is off this summer I doubt we will get much out of him as his game is all about energy and enthusiasm and both seem lacking at the moment.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 12:41 - Feb 25 with 1523 viewsI_would

We could always keep him until his contract runs out. Force him to play until the last day. That would focus Ingsy's mind a bit. You can't have players constantly taking the p**s with contracts especially when they are only average like Berty and McCarthy.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 12:49 - Feb 25 with 1505 views1ASIN12

I can't see anyone paying £40m for him, not unless he signs a new 5 year contract.

He's meant to be a saints fan so even if he does know he's off in the summer I'd like to think he will give his all - unlike VVD who put in some disgraceful performances when he was in a similar situation.
Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 13:06 - Feb 25 with 1467 viewsSaintNick

I agree with a lot of what you say Mike, but I dont think it is affecting his workrate and enthusiasm, he has put in a shift it is just demotivating when we lose steam at the end of games due to so many injured being out

I agree losing him for £20 million is not worth it, better to keep him another year even if it means letting him go for free, however we all know what Van Dijk did when forced to stay and even James Beattie back in 2004/05 when we wouldnt let him go to Everton in the summer of 2004.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 13:29 - Feb 25 with 1429 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/839593/danny-ings-southampto

Yeah totally agree. It is never a good thing to have a player who is leaving imminently (especially such an influential player). Ralph always said and it's true, that we don't want players in the final year of their contract. There is a reason for him saying that. The contract arguments will be affecting the team and Ings performance.

Ings wants to leave because we arn't ambitious enough, no chance of winning anything (in his opinion), we don't pay enough. So what message does that send out from Ings to the rest of the team about our club? It certainly won't be helping their hunger and enthusiasm.

But the question is, why an earth is Ings (reportedly) demanding unfair release clauses etc and causing an issue? He is that desperate to get out that he wants the cheapest price possible?
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 13:42]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 14:58 - Feb 25 with 1324 viewsRon11

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 13:06 - Feb 25 by SaintNick

I agree with a lot of what you say Mike, but I dont think it is affecting his workrate and enthusiasm, he has put in a shift it is just demotivating when we lose steam at the end of games due to so many injured being out

I agree losing him for £20 million is not worth it, better to keep him another year even if it means letting him go for free, however we all know what Van Dijk did when forced to stay and even James Beattie back in 2004/05 when we wouldnt let him go to Everton in the summer of 2004.

Not sure about losing steam against Leeds.
Bielsa saw where the weakness was, down our right in the shape of Bednarek and poured everything down there in the second half which worked perfectly and which Ralph did nothing about. In addition to that, Vestergaard was ball watching more than once which didn't help and McCarthy dived the wrong way yet again for the penalty and was way off for another goal.That world class tackle from Romeu saved another one.
Ralph could have pulled Salisu and slotted Bednarek back where he belongs alongside Vestergaard, moving JWP in at right back where he does a reasonable job- he didn't and it was mayhem.
The steam did start to drop off maybe a little a bit then, but Ralph has to take his share of the blame.
Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 15:02 - Feb 25 with 1322 viewspjt50

The VVD situation was a bit different. There was a deal more or less on the table so he didn't have much incentive, except professional pride maybe. Ings has plenty to play for — both to attract potential purchasers (if he intends to go) & to maintain his place in the England squad.

If there's no improvement in his performances between now & the end of the season, anyone buying Ings in the summer would be gambling on an upturn in form. By no means certain for an injury-prone 29 year old.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 15:44 - Feb 25 with 1285 viewssaint22

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 14:58 - Feb 25 by Ron11

Not sure about losing steam against Leeds.
Bielsa saw where the weakness was, down our right in the shape of Bednarek and poured everything down there in the second half which worked perfectly and which Ralph did nothing about. In addition to that, Vestergaard was ball watching more than once which didn't help and McCarthy dived the wrong way yet again for the penalty and was way off for another goal.That world class tackle from Romeu saved another one.
Ralph could have pulled Salisu and slotted Bednarek back where he belongs alongside Vestergaard, moving JWP in at right back where he does a reasonable job- he didn't and it was mayhem.
The steam did start to drop off maybe a little a bit then, but Ralph has to take his share of the blame.

All good points very well made
I think Ralph got it wrong from the start
Should have picked his strongest team and spotted the RB situation as you say
Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 15:54 - Feb 25 with 1272 viewsRon11

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 15:44 - Feb 25 by saint22

All good points very well made
I think Ralph got it wrong from the start
Should have picked his strongest team and spotted the RB situation as you say

Bielsa spotted it...
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 17:27 - Feb 25 with 1189 viewsSadoldgit

Both the club and the player are perfectly entitled to dig their heels in over whatever the contract situation is. I am sure some players do sulk if they can’t get what they want, but I doubt if many of them worry about it to the point where it puts them off their game. Ings certainly doesn’t come across as letting it get in the way of putting the ball in the back of the net. He can’t go anywhere until the summer at the earliest so why not put in the effort to try and force yourself into the England squad and maybe into the plans of better teams than West Ham? There is also no reason why we can’t say to him that we intend to keep you until your contract runs out so don’t worry about anything else for another season. It is all conjecture anyway as know of us knows what the club will do or what Danny wants to do. What we do need to do is to stop placing our current poor form down to Danny Ings contract situation.
Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 10:29 - Feb 26 with 888 viewsBerber

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 15:02 - Feb 25 by pjt50

The VVD situation was a bit different. There was a deal more or less on the table so he didn't have much incentive, except professional pride maybe. Ings has plenty to play for — both to attract potential purchasers (if he intends to go) & to maintain his place in the England squad.

If there's no improvement in his performances between now & the end of the season, anyone buying Ings in the summer would be gambling on an upturn in form. By no means certain for an injury-prone 29 year old.

Unless he has been tapped up, as appeared to be the case with Hojberg.
Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 12:14 - Feb 26 with 855 viewsPoirot

Sadly its all about money for Ings and agent.

The so called clause is just an insult and a total red herring.
Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 08:44 - Feb 27 with 708 viewsdarthvader

Danny Ings (club not to blame) on 10:29 - Feb 26 by Berber

Unless he has been tapped up, as appeared to be the case with Hojberg.

He has and to the same team

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024