Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11 points better off than last season ..... 10:00 - Jan 11 with 1034 viewskeeperaway

Kind of surprised nobody else has noticed / commented .on this
... but if you look at results this season compared to those against the same fixtures /clubs last year - (substituting Watford / Norwich games away for Sheff Utd / WBA away)..........

Saints are 11 points better off!
Scored 1 more goal ......20 vs 19
Conceded 9 goals less ..... 30 vs 39

All in all maybe this is a fair measure of how Ralph and the team's progress should be judged ?
11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:16 - Jan 11 with 862 viewssaint68

In reality we're 8 points lower and 11 goals more conceded over the same amount of fixtures..not quite an improvement really.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:31 - Jan 11 with 849 viewsPaleRider

Only way to judge is at the end of the season!
11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:52 - Jan 11 with 836 viewsSaintNick

I did mention that if you compared every game like for like ( leaving out the promoted sides) then we were 8 better off in the corresponding fixtures this season than last in this article

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56653/southampton-fc-hal

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:54 - Jan 11 with 822 viewsSaintNick

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:16 - Jan 11 by saint68

In reality we're 8 points lower and 11 goals more conceded over the same amount of fixtures..not quite an improvement really.

Its easy to compare where you are at certain points of the season by the number of games, but it isn't entirely accurate as you aren't playing like for like fixtures, if your first 6 games are all against the big sides then you are going to potentially have a loss less points on the board than if you play against the lower teams.

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:59 - Jan 11 with 806 viewsdirk_doone

That's the key to the improved points total. I wouldn't be surprised if in the games Vestergaard has played, Leicester have conceded 9 goals more than they did last season in the same fixtures. We've offloaded our big defensive weak link onto them.

I've just checked: Leicester have conceded 7 goals more in the 8 Premier League games Vestergaard has played than in the equivalent fixtures last season. He is worth about a goal a game to the opposition.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 16:22]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

11 points better off than last season ..... on 16:04 - Jan 11 with 788 viewskeeperaway

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:52 - Jan 11 by SaintNick

I did mention that if you compared every game like for like ( leaving out the promoted sides) then we were 8 better off in the corresponding fixtures this season than last in this article

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56653/southampton-fc-hal

Hadn’t noticed that Nick has already made the point in an editorial....must pay more attention!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 16:05]
11 points better off than last season ..... on 16:05 - Jan 11 with 781 viewsdirk_doone

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:16 - Jan 11 by saint68

I take your point, 68 but I remember when we were top of the league, a few people pointing out that we'd had mostly easy fixtures and the hard ones were yet to come. We came down to earth with a bump when they did. Comparing the same fixtures gives a more accurate picture and on that basis, I would say our defence has improved, whilst our attack is about the same.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 16:06]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

11 points better off than last season ..... on 16:26 - Jan 11 with 751 viewsPaleRider

11 points better off than last season ..... on 16:05 - Jan 11 by dirk_doone

I take your point, 68 but I remember when we were top of the league, a few people pointing out that we'd had mostly easy fixtures and the hard ones were yet to come. We came down to earth with a bump when they did. Comparing the same fixtures gives a more accurate picture and on that basis, I would say our defence has improved, whilst our attack is about the same.

Reasons for cautious optimism - phrase of the moment!
Login to get fewer ads

11 points better off than last season ..... on 18:31 - Jan 11 with 673 viewssaint68

11 points better off than last season ..... on 16:05 - Jan 11 by dirk_doone

The first 8 games this season we were defensively sound and took points from the top 6 clubs..we then imploded again defensively..last year's collapse was a mixture of injuries and then the inevitable down turn in performances as a consequence..we had some ridiculous decisions against us too in that period.

I can see us however being more productive points wise in this second half of the season.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

11 points better off than last season ..... on 23:41 - Jan 11 with 570 viewsBridders2

11 points better off than last season ..... on 15:59 - Jan 11 by dirk_doone

That's the key to the improved points total. I wouldn't be surprised if in the games Vestergaard has played, Leicester have conceded 9 goals more than they did last season in the same fixtures. We've offloaded our big defensive weak link onto them.

I've just checked: Leicester have conceded 7 goals more in the 8 Premier League games Vestergaard has played than in the equivalent fixtures last season. He is worth about a goal a game to the opposition.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 16:22]

I noticed Rogers is already looking to buy a CB, which proves he cocked up getting Vestergaard and he knows it.. Got to make you smile.
11 points better off than last season ..... on 09:33 - Jan 12 with 419 viewsSaintNick

11 points better off than last season ..... on 23:41 - Jan 11 by Bridders2

I noticed Rogers is already looking to buy a CB, which proves he cocked up getting Vestergaard and he knows it.. Got to make you smile.

How did Rodgers even contemplate buying Vestergaard, he would have had scouts and scouting reports, he would have seen him for himself both on video or when we played them'

It's like when Man Utd were wanting to buy the then 32 year old Jose Fonte for £12 million pounds when their board wanted him to spend £50 million to fill the position and the common factor was Jorge Mendez the agent of both Jose Mourinho and Jose Fonte, Man Utd smelled a rat back then and something is funny on this one

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024