Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack Of Game Time At Villa A Problem For Bednarek 09:57 - Sep 21 with 860 viewsSaintNick

Seems like his World Cup place could be in jeopardy due to a lack of game time

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jan-be

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lack Of Game Time At Villa A Problem For Bednarek on 11:59 - Sep 21 with 752 viewsTimSaint

His place in the Poland squad may be in jeopardy, but......

He played what, 3 games for us ?, so moved to Villa to get game time.....

1st Sept - moved on deadline day
3rd Sept - Villa v Man City. Unsurprisingly not selected, as only 2 days after his move
10th Sept - Match cancelled due to Queen
16th Sept - Couldn't play v Saints as we are his parent club

So basically he could not play since he joined !! Piss poor journalism as he couldn't even get on the pitch - but don't let that get in the way of a good story !! I guess we will see what happens though.

I'm sure the Poland manager will chat to him during the international break.

He will probably ask him whether he is capable of ousting 1 of Mings, Konsa and Chambers, in order to get a game at Villa. Judging by the fact that City only scored 1 past them and they kept a clean sheet against us, it will probably be a little while longer before he gets any game time. :-)

I suspect he will still make the Poland World Cup squad, regardless of whether he plays for Villa or not.

TimSaint

Lack Of Game Time At Villa A Problem For Bednarek on 16:02 - Sep 21 with 606 viewsSaintNick

Lack Of Game Time At Villa A Problem For Bednarek on 11:59 - Sep 21 by TimSaint

His place in the Poland squad may be in jeopardy, but......

He played what, 3 games for us ?, so moved to Villa to get game time.....

1st Sept - moved on deadline day
3rd Sept - Villa v Man City. Unsurprisingly not selected, as only 2 days after his move
10th Sept - Match cancelled due to Queen
16th Sept - Couldn't play v Saints as we are his parent club

So basically he could not play since he joined !! Piss poor journalism as he couldn't even get on the pitch - but don't let that get in the way of a good story !! I guess we will see what happens though.

I'm sure the Poland manager will chat to him during the international break.

He will probably ask him whether he is capable of ousting 1 of Mings, Konsa and Chambers, in order to get a game at Villa. Judging by the fact that City only scored 1 past them and they kept a clean sheet against us, it will probably be a little while longer before he gets any game time. :-)

I suspect he will still make the Poland World Cup squad, regardless of whether he plays for Villa or not.

The facts are that Bednarek started the season in the Saints team, he played 90 minutes at Spurs and was substituted after 70 in the Leeds game, he sat on the bench for the next 3 Premier League games.

Long before the deadline day he wanted to get away from Saints and used the World Cup squad game time as his excuse.

He could have stayed at Saints and battled for his place.

As you say he wasn't selected for Villa due to only just being signed, yet we played both Maitland-Niles and Edozie off the bench against Wolves two days after signing and had Larios on the bench, why didn't he get on the field for Villa ?

If he looked at the fixture list he had a better chance of playing games for Saints than for Villa, or for that matter West Ham, choosing Villa at the last moment meant he wouldnt be able to play in the second fixture for Villa.

He didn't plan his route to game time very well in that respect, nor did he consider that at West Ham he would also have got in a chance of a game in the Europa Conference league.

If he had looked at Villa' fixture listbefore choosing to go there, he would have known he would have missed the first two fixtures, that would mean he would go a whole month without making his Villa debut which at the earliest date would be 2nd October, so that leaves him just three games to break into the team, before the World Cup squads need to be submitted on 20th October, ironically the day he will get his 4th chance of a game for Villa but the squads will already be in by then.

So joining Villa was in fact his worse option if considering game time to force his way into the Poland squad.

If he gets in the side against Leeds on 2nd October it will be 7 weeks since his last League action ironically against Leeds.

Yes he couldn't have foreseen the Queen's death cancelling games, but when considering West Ham against Villa he should have factored in the extra games available in a European competition.

P*ss poor journalism maybe, but i'm not a journalist, so the most p*ss poor thing here is the player's attitude and his common sense

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Lack Of Game Time At Villa A Problem For Bednarek on 16:28 - Sep 21 with 589 viewsTimSaint

Lack Of Game Time At Villa A Problem For Bednarek on 16:02 - Sep 21 by SaintNick

The facts are that Bednarek started the season in the Saints team, he played 90 minutes at Spurs and was substituted after 70 in the Leeds game, he sat on the bench for the next 3 Premier League games.

Long before the deadline day he wanted to get away from Saints and used the World Cup squad game time as his excuse.

He could have stayed at Saints and battled for his place.

As you say he wasn't selected for Villa due to only just being signed, yet we played both Maitland-Niles and Edozie off the bench against Wolves two days after signing and had Larios on the bench, why didn't he get on the field for Villa ?

If he looked at the fixture list he had a better chance of playing games for Saints than for Villa, or for that matter West Ham, choosing Villa at the last moment meant he wouldnt be able to play in the second fixture for Villa.

He didn't plan his route to game time very well in that respect, nor did he consider that at West Ham he would also have got in a chance of a game in the Europa Conference league.

If he had looked at Villa' fixture listbefore choosing to go there, he would have known he would have missed the first two fixtures, that would mean he would go a whole month without making his Villa debut which at the earliest date would be 2nd October, so that leaves him just three games to break into the team, before the World Cup squads need to be submitted on 20th October, ironically the day he will get his 4th chance of a game for Villa but the squads will already be in by then.

So joining Villa was in fact his worse option if considering game time to force his way into the Poland squad.

If he gets in the side against Leeds on 2nd October it will be 7 weeks since his last League action ironically against Leeds.

Yes he couldn't have foreseen the Queen's death cancelling games, but when considering West Ham against Villa he should have factored in the extra games available in a European competition.

P*ss poor journalism maybe, but i'm not a journalist, so the most p*ss poor thing here is the player's attitude and his common sense

I totally agree Nick

The piss poor journalism remark was aimed at the Birmingham Mail, not you, the messenger who posted their link !!

I thought he may have been on the bench for Man City, but no.

I don't see him breaking into the Villa side before the WC (that was just his excuse (again, as his head wasn't right with their WC Qualifier before)) and to be honest, I believe he was just a cover signing after the defender Villa bought in the summer got a long term injury and will be out for months, if not the season.

Hopefully we will be able to sell him and he doesn't turn into another Wesley Hoedt.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024