Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Lavia on his way out 14:30 - Dec 27 with 1929 viewsGRIM

Is Lavia's absence a genuine injury concern or is it a case of protecting him to make sure he doesn't get injured before the transfer window opens in January.
Knowing the way the club works now they've probably already agreed to sell him (possibly to Chelsea) & are making sure he's fit & ready to leave.
Or am I being cynical.
Is Lavia on his way out on 14:32 - Dec 27 with 1909 viewsRon11

Sounds very realistic to me.
Either that or he's refused to play for the rabble that now run the club.
Is Lavia on his way out on 14:42 - Dec 27 with 1877 viewsdwayne_dibley

the fire sale has started!

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Is Lavia on his way out on 15:58 - Dec 27 with 1771 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I know he was injured before the World Cup started, so it’s just a question of whether or not he still is and if that’s why he wasn’t played or not. As if he’s not injured then the suggestions of us selling him sure does look likely

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Is Lavia on his way out on 16:08 - Dec 27 with 1743 views1885_SFC

I thought City had a buy-back clause on him?

Old School is Cool

Is Lavia on his way out on 16:10 - Dec 27 with 1739 viewsSFC_Referee

Is Lavia on his way out on 16:08 - Dec 27 by 1885_SFC

I thought City had a buy-back clause on him?

Don’t think so for him, but anyway it doesn’t seem like if he is getting sold we won’t be playing him as supposedly both Bella-Kotcha and Lavia were injured for this game hence why nether played…

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/nathan-jones-provide

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Is Lavia on his way out on 16:30 - Dec 27 with 1726 views1885_SFC

Is Lavia on his way out on 16:10 - Dec 27 by SFC_Referee

Don’t think so for him, but anyway it doesn’t seem like if he is getting sold we won’t be playing him as supposedly both Bella-Kotcha and Lavia were injured for this game hence why nether played…

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/nathan-jones-provide

I've just checked ; £10.5M fee which could rise to £14M. City have a £40M buy-back clause and will get 20% of any sell-on fee:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-ro

Old School is Cool

Is Lavia on his way out on 17:49 - Dec 27 with 1618 viewsGRIM

Is Lavia on his way out on 16:10 - Dec 27 by SFC_Referee

I don't believe that rubbish about Bella Kotchap.
NJ says that because he's been away at World Cup he's not match fit.
Salisu was on World Cup duty but he's playing.
Germany were knocked out early so Bella Kotchap has had ample time to get some training in with Saints.
There are lots of players that got to the latter stages of the WC that have played for their clubs this weekend.
What's going on with Bella Kotchap, there's more to his absence than NJ is admitting.
Is Lavia on his way out on 18:13 - Dec 27 with 1571 views1885_SFC

What if... Bella-Kotchap, having been picked for the German World Cup squad, came back Charlie Bigbollix and now sees himself as too good for the Premier League's bottom club?

And what if Romeo Lavia, having been the subject of a last minute £50M bid from Chelsea in the Summer and now a Charlie Bigbollix... would much rather play for them and not a struggling club bottom of the Premier League?

Just sayin'...
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 18:14]

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Is Lavia on his way out on 18:36 - Dec 27 with 1530 viewsmushinexile

The very point I made yesterday.

Staying with the sinking ship and going down to Nathan Jones' Locker won't suit the kids on PL money who still have the possibility of a career.
Is Lavia on his way out on 20:08 - Dec 27 with 1447 viewsGRIM

Is Lavia on his way out on 18:13 - Dec 27 by 1885_SFC

What if... Bella-Kotchap, having been picked for the German World Cup squad, came back Charlie Bigbollix and now sees himself as too good for the Premier League's bottom club?

And what if Romeo Lavia, having been the subject of a last minute £50M bid from Chelsea in the Summer and now a Charlie Bigbollix... would much rather play for them and not a struggling club bottom of the Premier League?

Just sayin'...
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 18:14]

Agreed.
Spot on.
As Alan Ball said (bless him) it's impossible to manage players with bigger salaries & bigger EGO'S than the manager.
Is Lavia on his way out on 01:26 - Dec 28 with 1249 viewsdarthvader

Is Lavia on his way out on 20:08 - Dec 27 by GRIM

Agreed.
Spot on.
As Alan Ball said (bless him) it's impossible to manage players with bigger salaries & bigger EGO'S than the manager.

He said that despite going to man city for triple the wages
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 8:41]

keep the faith coyr

Is Lavia on his way out on 08:18 - Dec 28 with 1167 viewsGRIM

Is Lavia on his way out on 01:26 - Dec 28 by darthvader

He said that despite going to man city for triple the wages
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 8:41]

Wrong,, !!
He said it after he left Man City & had retired from football management.
Is Lavia on his way out on 10:50 - Dec 28 with 1052 viewsButty101

See Lavia is being linked with Chelsea this morning….

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Is Lavia on his way out on 11:05 - Dec 28 with 1022 viewsPoirot

They might have to make some money from somewhere, but it would be a right smack in the teeth after all the PR spin bringing in these young players.

Salisu still hasnt signed a new contract offered in the summer and didnt like the way he was stoppped from leaving to Newcastle last January.

Che Adams is another player sitting on a contract renewal.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 16:23]
Is Lavia on his way out on 12:28 - Dec 28 with 954 viewsmushinexile

Subtract those two, Lavia and Bella, then all the club has left is a stadium.
The whole situation looks like terminal meltdown, tumbling through whole divisions with a parachute payment and no parachute. If Sports Republic are any sort of businessmen (which is beginning to look increasingly unlikely,) then they would be all hands to the pumps by now.
Is Lavia on his way out on 13:43 - Dec 28 with 862 viewsGRIM

Is Lavia on his way out on 11:05 - Dec 28 by Poirot

They might have to make some money from somewhere, but it would be a right smack in the teeth after all the PR spin bringing in these young players.

Salisu still hasnt signed a new contract offered in the summer and didnt like the way he was stoppped from leaving to Newcastle last January.

Che Adams is another player sitting on a contract renewal.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2022 16:23]

The only reason they bring in these young players is for selling on for profit.
They are not brought in to improve our team.
The players concerned are not going to give their all while wearing a Saints shirt.
They know that their future is with a bigger club.
We have far too many players now that just don't want to be here.
Is Lavia on his way out on 14:29 - Dec 28 with 804 viewsmushinexile

Pardon my stupidity for asking but: If the players we buy to fatten up and sel onl demonstrate week after week that they cannot win a bloomin' raffle, how does that increase their market value?
Is Lavia on his way out on 15:01 - Dec 28 with 784 viewsGRIM

Is Lavia on his way out on 14:29 - Dec 28 by mushinexile

Pardon my stupidity for asking but: If the players we buy to fatten up and sel onl demonstrate week after week that they cannot win a bloomin' raffle, how does that increase their market value?

Because, when we bring them in they have not played much or any 1st team football or appeared in regularly in the Premier lge.
We immediately chuck them into our 1st team & they are then Premier lge players.
They have a couple of good games for us which increases their market value.
Their heads are then turned when bigger clubs show an interest in them & that's when their form dips big time.
eg. Broja + Livramento & more recently Bella Kotchap.
Time will tell if you can add Lavia to that list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024