Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s time to stop the abuse of referees 23:09 - Feb 14 with 793 viewsSFC_Referee

Good to see the BBC doing articles and clips around this issue of referee abuse and how it all needs to change, especially for what’s going on at grassroots level. As even the likes of Chris Sutton is saying that things need to change.
As some of what’s being reported is appalling and things really do need to change, and EVERYONE can help to change it, as everyone’s got a role to play in this…

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64584541.amp

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fo45zmuX0AIAkR1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

It’s time to stop the abuse of referees on 08:20 - Feb 15 with 682 viewsSaintNick

Without referees at grass roots level the game will die, indeed when you compare the number of teams in the Southampton Saturday & Sunday leagues these days, it has been in decline for a long while.

Long ago it was suggested that kids and even adults playing watch Premier League players surround referees and scream in their face and then think it is ok to do that in their games at a weekend.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

It’s time to stop the abuse of referees on 10:31 - Feb 15 with 645 viewskingslandstand1

Interesting hearing the Graham Potter interview thsi morning and reference some saying he doesn't get angry enough

I liked his response that these same people saying that are also bemoaning the abuse referees are getting at GR level. Isn't he right that by showing that anger, and it's normally aimed at the officials - just look at Kloppity - you are condoning abuse at the referee?

Even Jeremy Vine prog yesterday was highlighting the issue and one big way of stopping it is to start sending more players off for that. Everyone was moaning as to why Lemina was 2nd booked on Saturday. I say well done ref as he was about to have a go at the ref and must have said something and therefore walked! (although if he'd have stayed on we may have won the game according to NJ, but that's another story!)

Whatever happened to the remit about multiple players now not supposed to surround the ref cos one player broke a toenail or something? That's what has got to stop with the top players (role models?) setting examples like that
It’s time to stop the abuse of referees on 12:26 - Feb 15 with 622 viewsSFC_Referee

It’s time to stop the abuse of referees on 10:31 - Feb 15 by kingslandstand1

Interesting hearing the Graham Potter interview thsi morning and reference some saying he doesn't get angry enough

I liked his response that these same people saying that are also bemoaning the abuse referees are getting at GR level. Isn't he right that by showing that anger, and it's normally aimed at the officials - just look at Kloppity - you are condoning abuse at the referee?

Even Jeremy Vine prog yesterday was highlighting the issue and one big way of stopping it is to start sending more players off for that. Everyone was moaning as to why Lemina was 2nd booked on Saturday. I say well done ref as he was about to have a go at the ref and must have said something and therefore walked! (although if he'd have stayed on we may have won the game according to NJ, but that's another story!)

Whatever happened to the remit about multiple players now not supposed to surround the ref cos one player broke a toenail or something? That's what has got to stop with the top players (role models?) setting examples like that

Yeah your spot on about how more needs to be done on all the big screen games, as that’ll help to set a good example and influence young players, coaches and referees in the right way.
As I was gobsmacked to see Lemina get sent off, and other than Zaha a few seasons back (although the ref had no choice on that one) can’t ever remember seeing a player given a second cautioning due to dissent.

And yeah that Potter incident just shows how hypocritical soo many pundits and fans are! As they’re all going on about how he should be going mental and start abusing the ref for messing up on Saturday, yet those lot are then saying that you shouldn’t abuse refs, especially at grassroots level etc…

As really I think refs need to go on strike for a whole week at all levels, as maybe then more people would realise that things have gotta change and that enough is enough

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024