Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports 17:10 - Oct 28 with 1588 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61162/southampton-3--1-b

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 17:21 - Oct 28 with 1557 viewsSFC_Referee

In the end, probably the best performance this season for an overall 90 minutes, as outside of the first 15 minutes or so of the first half, we dominated that game and we’re direct, doing all the passing tactics but actually going for goal this time!
Yet when we got that breathing space back with the score at 3-1, we then started to do the boring tippy tappy tactics again, but that wasn’t a problem because it helped to wind down the minutes left, and meant that like the Sheffield Wednesday game, could just dominate the injury time giving them so few chances to get anything whatsoever.

Still a good performance from pretty much everyone, although I did feel that Smallbone wasn’t at his best and that during the second half, Harwood-Bellis also didn’t perform as well as he did in the first, but outside of those 2 I think everyone played really well, both starters and bench players.
Still we were lucky to not give away a pen and not get our first goal ruled out for offside, but I guess that’s a positive this season to not having VAR

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 18:52 - Oct 28 with 1446 viewsMattFinish

Great result, we just need Leicester and Ipswich to start dropping points now
Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 19:52 - Oct 28 with 1405 viewsgrumpy

Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 18:52 - Oct 28 by MattFinish

Good result but just we had an Alan Ball type in the middle who would steady the ship when under pressure. Credit where Credit is due they are grinding out the points.
Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 21:36 - Oct 28 with 1325 viewsfelly1

Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 19:52 - Oct 28 by grumpy

Good result but just we had an Alan Ball type in the middle who would steady the ship when under pressure. Credit where Credit is due they are grinding out the points.

To be fair I thought we had a Alan Ball type player on the pitch today in Flynn Downes, he was excellent.

Pleased for Sulemana to get the assist for the second goal but I'm not convinced in him yet.

It would be nice to see him switch flanks and occasionally we play to his strength and slide a ball through for him to run onto rather than he takes on the fullbacks from a standing start all the time.

Nevertheless a pretty decent performance and great result, 14 points out of a possible 18.

Happy weekend everyone.
Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 14:13 - Oct 30 with 973 viewssaint901

Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 18:52 - Oct 28 by MattFinish

As I've said elsewhere it was good result but the opposition was woeful.

It's a pity that we've only really started playing now when at the very best only one automatic promotion slot is available and probably half a dozen teams with a realistic chance of getting it.

For me, a play off slot would be an achievement. The play offs are too unreliable a contest to predict at this time.
Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 14:20 - Oct 30 with 972 viewsSaintNick

Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 14:13 - Oct 30 by saint901

As I've said elsewhere it was good result but the opposition was woeful.

It's a pity that we've only really started playing now when at the very best only one automatic promotion slot is available and probably half a dozen teams with a realistic chance of getting it.

For me, a play off slot would be an achievement. The play offs are too unreliable a contest to predict at this time.

Birmingham were not great, but they are no worse than most of the teams I have seen this season, perhaps we deserve some credit for making them look woeful.

At this moment I see only 4 teams with a real chance of automatic promotion and that is Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds and us.

I think Leicester will be nailed on but I think Ipswich can be hauled back, after that there is little difference between the rest of the division between 5th place and the bottom 3, it should be noted that Birmingham would have been above us if they had won.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton 3 - 1 Birmingham City - Player Ratings and Reports on 15:49 - Oct 30 with 940 viewssaint901

I hope you are correct Mr Nick but I would have to disagree on some issues.

Leicester are the bet side I've seen in this league and unless they massively mess up, they are untouchable in terms of a promotion slot.

You are correct that many teams in this league are are no far apart in terms of quality. That makes it more important to put a series of results together. Look at Middlesborough and Stoke. Average teams but 3 or 4 wins and all of a sudden one good result off the play offs.

Take all 12 points on offer in November and I'll be happier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024