Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Existential philosopher or football manager 12:16 - Nov 6 with 1464 viewssaint901

Puff piece in the Times over the weekend about RM.

Accepting that he is a public figure to a degree, I can see why the newspaper might be interested and why RM thinks that his motivators and reasons are of interest.

That said, (and bearing in mind that I'm not a fan of his), it's a bit self indulgent to go into all the stuff you usually share with a therapist, in a newspaper? I'm not sure what he wanted to achieve really.

I do worry about his ability to stick to a winning formula in terms of personnel and tactics as the season wears on and we perhaps lose a few players through suspension and injury and perhaps even gain the services of a striker we apparently bought but nobody has seen. (Good way to launder money though).

I do worry about his ability to react, adapt and win ugly. I know we've had some fabulous results in the past six weeks but we will have stern tests to come against teams in this league who are consistently inconsistent. We will get a better gauge when we play a team in form.

I really hope I'm wrong, but for me RM (and therefore our team) is missing that one or twp percent that is the difference between being mid table/play off contender and automatic promotion.

So I'm sure he's a nice guy and that his newspaper interview was done with the best of intentions, but it is bizarre.
Existential philosopher or football manager on 13:10 - Nov 6 with 1381 viewsRon11

He loves himself.
Existential philosopher or football manager on 13:21 - Nov 6 with 1371 viewsI_would

If we win "I told you it would all come good".

If we lose "The players didn't do what I told them, they weren't brave (stupid) enough to pass around two inches from the goal line.

It's all I, I, I, me, me, me, I'm afraid.

And what's with the OT celebrations when we luck a goal ten seconds before the end when every fan thought we'd blown it with tippy tappy?
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 13:22]

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Existential philosopher or football manager on 13:02 - Nov 7 with 1132 viewsChesham_Saint

Existential philosopher or football manager on 13:10 - Nov 6 by Ron11

He loves himself.

The nickname ‘Rylan’ suits this guy to a tee…!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024