Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football and crickets reaction 14:26 - Apr 5 with 1169 viewsButty101

Couple stories on the bbc
Wayne Rooney moaning about being asked to contribute.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52172196

Mark Wood great attitude not on mega bucks but wants to help.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/52174154

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Football and crickets reaction on 14:37 - Apr 5 with 1149 viewssolent_toffee

I think I’m going to miss cricket far more than I am currently missing football. It’s a big part of summer, watching the coverage on telly, going to a few games at The Rose Bowl. Not an arsehole in sight.
Football and crickets reaction on 14:47 - Apr 5 with 1140 viewsBicester_North

+1

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Football and crickets reaction on 15:09 - Apr 5 with 1127 viewsOlliekhent

Football and crickets reaction on 14:37 - Apr 5 by solent_toffee

I think I’m going to miss cricket far more than I am currently missing football. It’s a big part of summer, watching the coverage on telly, going to a few games at The Rose Bowl. Not an arsehole in sight.

Yes, I would agree with this. Summer will just not be the same without cricket and at least one day out at Lords.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Football and crickets reaction on 15:47 - Apr 5 with 1106 viewskingslandstand1

Shrek does have a couple of points re why are others not being targeted as well, particularly when you look at tge bonuses some banking and house building CEOs are getting as well as maybe golfers and F1 drivers, but maybe they have worked for their zillions? That doesn't mean footballers should not be be targeted as well though

Maybe if the footballing industry weren't such muppets half the time they would get more sympathy?
Football and crickets reaction on 16:09 - Apr 5 with 1085 viewsSaintsforeverj

Football and crickets reaction on 15:47 - Apr 5 by kingslandstand1

Shrek does have a couple of points re why are others not being targeted as well, particularly when you look at tge bonuses some banking and house building CEOs are getting as well as maybe golfers and F1 drivers, but maybe they have worked for their zillions? That doesn't mean footballers should not be be targeted as well though

Maybe if the footballing industry weren't such muppets half the time they would get more sympathy?

It's because, lower league clubs could go bust and non playing staff need to be paid. Football players who are vastly wealthy are directly related to this, so they should help "their own".

Golfers and F1 drivers don't have so many stakeholders, who need help in their sport I guess.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 16:13]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Football and crickets reaction on 16:52 - Apr 5 with 1043 viewsSteveMoron

Looking at it completely objectively, Rooney makes some fair points sadly.
Football and crickets reaction on 16:56 - Apr 5 with 1037 viewskingslandstand1

Football and crickets reaction on 16:09 - Apr 5 by Saintsforeverj

It's because, lower league clubs could go bust and non playing staff need to be paid. Football players who are vastly wealthy are directly related to this, so they should help "their own".

Golfers and F1 drivers don't have so many stakeholders, who need help in their sport I guess.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 16:13]

Fair point
Football and crickets reaction on 21:46 - Apr 5 with 909 viewsNumber_58

Burnley are suggesting they might go bust if the league is cancelled as they'll lose out on £50 million from broadcasting revenue etc. Given our recent terrible set of accounts, should we be starting to panic?
Login to get fewer ads

Football and crickets reaction on 23:58 - Apr 5 with 878 viewsBicester_North

Football and crickets reaction on 21:46 - Apr 5 by Number_58

Burnley are suggesting they might go bust if the league is cancelled as they'll lose out on £50 million from broadcasting revenue etc. Given our recent terrible set of accounts, should we be starting to panic?

Maybe panic would’ve been the right word a few years ago, but just not arsed now if it happens or not. Fúck the Premier league scum. If Saints go out of business and start again at the bottom of the pyramid we’ll have some proper fun

Football and crickets reaction on 00:12 - Apr 6 with 866 viewsNumber_58

Football and crickets reaction on 23:58 - Apr 5 by Bicester_North

Maybe panic would’ve been the right word a few years ago, but just not arsed now if it happens or not. Fúck the Premier league scum. If Saints go out of business and start again at the bottom of the pyramid we’ll have some proper fun

But it probably wouldn't be starting again from scratch; we'd presumably go into administration again and go through that whole painful relegation process like before. That was the most depressing period of following Saints in my lifetime.
Football and crickets reaction on 00:26 - Apr 6 with 862 viewsBicester_North

Football and crickets reaction on 00:12 - Apr 6 by Number_58

But it probably wouldn't be starting again from scratch; we'd presumably go into administration again and go through that whole painful relegation process like before. That was the most depressing period of following Saints in my lifetime.

Probably, but even that would feel like a bit of fresh air. A bit of adversity galvanises the fans like it did once we dropped to league one. The PL is indefensibly vile and I would much prefer to support a club that’s not in it. All the tourists and tekkers loving drips would f*ck off, as would the rat mercenary players.

Football and crickets reaction on 00:32 - Apr 6 with 858 viewsSaintsforeverj

Football and crickets reaction on 00:26 - Apr 6 by Bicester_North

Probably, but even that would feel like a bit of fresh air. A bit of adversity galvanises the fans like it did once we dropped to league one. The PL is indefensibly vile and I would much prefer to support a club that’s not in it. All the tourists and tekkers loving drips would f*ck off, as would the rat mercenary players.

Those trips to Leyton Orient, Southend (when we finally got rid of our 10 point deduction) , Hartlepool on a Tuesday night, Luton etc, where people came out to support the club during adversity suddenly seem more appealing than this Premier league at the moment I have to say.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024