Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PL players so far refusing wage deferrals 21:16 - Apr 10 with 536 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-820613

How much would it cost for a PL club to pay their staff, including players for a few months? I don't really understand how clubs can spend about 50 million on transfer fees, and most have spent at least that, how can they not afford to run for a few months without income? What would it cost, up to 5milillion to run for a few months? Just spend 5 million less on players surely?

Players of course are greedy, apart from ours, but what is the problem? Surely these PL clubs have millions.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 21:30]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

PL players so far refusing wage deferrals on 21:58 - Apr 10 with 477 viewskingslandstand1

One aside to all of this is I wonder how all of those on here (probably me included to a degree) who were wondering back in January what the club were doing with all of that TV cash we were receiving and why not spending those zillions on loads of players and where we would be if we did splash the cash?

My laptop won't let me open your attachment as I have an adblocker on, but there is an Ian Herbert article in the Mail today about Saints and what the club have done, but also mentions only 4 PL clubs that actually have "positive net current assets" ie, more assets that can be turned in to cash than monthly outgoings. Those clubs were Saints, Arsenal, Bournemouth and Burnley. But what it doesn't say is that B'mouth are top of the league of clubs relying on tv cash to keep going

So that tells me that our sustainability policy is working, although from a footballing side maybe if we had have spent that cash and more, we'd probably be in Brighton's situation and shitttin ourselves as to whether we will survive this of the greedy b@st*rd players?

So shall we just go back to being a club with no ambition other than to be able to survive in the Prem?

There are just so many configurations as to where the football club industry is regarding incomings and outgoings and by having a couple of months with no games it is up sh1t street! We may see things being a bit different in a year or two's time!
PL players so far refusing wage deferrals on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 477 viewskingslandstand1

The other thing that gets a good mention is the amount of cash being given to agents who are probably worse that the players!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024