Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 09:47 - Jul 20 with 582 viewsSadoldgit

We have seen some very odd decisions given through the use of VAR, but pretty much, over the whole season, VAR has been very generous towards us. I would go so far to say as we have done the best out of VAR decisions this season. Can’t think of many decisions that have gone against us?
VAR on 12:51 - Jul 20 with 527 viewsTimSaint

The biggest one was the Ings penalty that was never given at Anfield. 0-0 and he gets tripped in the box, Liverpool clear, go up the other end and score and their goal counts. VAR obviously and conveniently didn't go back far enough to see the trip on Ings.

The other one that really bugged me was the penalty given against us at Wolves. Their player moved across to make sure he got contact before he dived and having already had 2 decisions (rightfully) go against them, they were always going to get the 3rd regardless.

My last gripe decision was to not give the penalty against Alderweirald in the home game v Spurs - blatant hand ball and his hand was virtually above his head. At least we won that game regardless.

As for Bournemouth moaning about the handball yesterday, it was a definite pen. No need to have his hands up there and he did well to get both hands on it.

Some may argue that a couple of red cards were a bit dodgy, like Bertrand v Leicester and Djenepo v Newcastle, but it is what is it. Perhaps then the Arsenal player who kicked Redmond's foot in a high duel in the corner of the box should have given away a pen, or their player who missed the ball and studded KWP in the stomach should have gone.

We got away with a few too. A few marginal offsides and a JWP handball at Sheff Utd away.

Thing is, every club will have a gripe about it. Bournemouth said it has ruled out 3 goals in their last 4 matches - but if they are off they are off !! Kane should have had a pen against them the other week, but they don't mention that - unsurprisingly !! It just seems that Liverpool had the most points in their favour from VAR and City fans will tell you that this is why they won the league !! :-)

TimSaint

VAR on 13:03 - Jul 20 with 516 viewsWints76

We had a let off when we equalised at home to Watford. The ball brushed Djenepo's hand as he set up Ings. It is the sort of thing that wouldn't have been noticed before this season, but would be disallowed this season, but they didn't notice it for some reason. As we were losing at home to Watford at that point, it may have been quite a defining moment
VAR on 15:12 - Jul 20 with 435 viewssaint22

VAR on 12:51 - Jul 20 by TimSaint

The biggest one was the Ings penalty that was never given at Anfield. 0-0 and he gets tripped in the box, Liverpool clear, go up the other end and score and their goal counts. VAR obviously and conveniently didn't go back far enough to see the trip on Ings.

The other one that really bugged me was the penalty given against us at Wolves. Their player moved across to make sure he got contact before he dived and having already had 2 decisions (rightfully) go against them, they were always going to get the 3rd regardless.

My last gripe decision was to not give the penalty against Alderweirald in the home game v Spurs - blatant hand ball and his hand was virtually above his head. At least we won that game regardless.

As for Bournemouth moaning about the handball yesterday, it was a definite pen. No need to have his hands up there and he did well to get both hands on it.

Some may argue that a couple of red cards were a bit dodgy, like Bertrand v Leicester and Djenepo v Newcastle, but it is what is it. Perhaps then the Arsenal player who kicked Redmond's foot in a high duel in the corner of the box should have given away a pen, or their player who missed the ball and studded KWP in the stomach should have gone.

We got away with a few too. A few marginal offsides and a JWP handball at Sheff Utd away.

Thing is, every club will have a gripe about it. Bournemouth said it has ruled out 3 goals in their last 4 matches - but if they are off they are off !! Kane should have had a pen against them the other week, but they don't mention that - unsurprisingly !! It just seems that Liverpool had the most points in their favour from VAR and City fans will tell you that this is why they won the league !! :-)

I didn’t like the boufal handball against Newcastle that game was poorly reffed and VAR’d
Ritchie missed at least!
VAR on 15:30 - Jul 20 with 421 viewsTimSaint

VAR on 13:03 - Jul 20 by Wints76

We had a let off when we equalised at home to Watford. The ball brushed Djenepo's hand as he set up Ings. It is the sort of thing that wouldn't have been noticed before this season, but would be disallowed this season, but they didn't notice it for some reason. As we were losing at home to Watford at that point, it may have been quite a defining moment

Seem to recall that it was such a marginal touch that it took the so called VAR experts more than 10 mins to establish a slight touch. No way should we be waiting that long for a decision.
Anyway it was Watford, so fvck them - karma for the punched in equaliser at Bocage Rd and the disallowed goal at SMS when Austin's shot allegedly hit Yoshida on it's way in.

TimSaint

VAR on 15:33 - Jul 20 with 418 viewsTimSaint

VAR on 15:12 - Jul 20 by saint22

I didn’t like the boufal handball against Newcastle that game was poorly reffed and VAR’d
Ritchie missed at least!

True - it only (marginally) hit his arm because he was shoved into by the Newcastle player !!
They just look at the hand ball and not the build up - otherwise it would have been a Saints free kick

TimSaint

VAR on 16:12 - Jul 20 with 399 viewsWints76

VAR on 15:30 - Jul 20 by TimSaint

Seem to recall that it was such a marginal touch that it took the so called VAR experts more than 10 mins to establish a slight touch. No way should we be waiting that long for a decision.
Anyway it was Watford, so fvck them - karma for the punched in equaliser at Bocage Rd and the disallowed goal at SMS when Austin's shot allegedly hit Yoshida on it's way in.

Ha, yes, very true.

I remember Sheff Utd having a goal disallowed up there, along with a penalty not being given and Billy Sharp being sent off. Went our way that day
VAR on 16:40 - Jul 20 with 384 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I'm massively undecided about VAR. I hate the fact it breaks up play and we have to wait for decisions, it's not the best video assistant tool out there and is used badly.

Improvements could be made such as CLEAR offside, none of this toe bollocks. Pitch side screens, more than 1 video assistant watching and so on.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024