Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Equality Targets 16:07 - Oct 27 with 1024 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/features/topic-desking/football/so

Saints the only club not to sign up. I am not sure about this contrived and forced agenda. I don't care what colour they are, as long as they can do the job. But what if we need a midfielder and we can't get a black one for the price? We are forced to buy a dud just to reach the equality target, just so long as they are black or Asian?

This agenda also includes having to appoint female coaches. Forget the usual accusations of sexism for a minute blah blah blah. Hand on heart, who would like a Linda, Sue or Mandy as manager of the Saints mens first team? This is where it is heading isn't it. And if so, surely we ought to have mixed male and female teams?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 16:12]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Equality Targets on 19:24 - Oct 28 with 959 viewsBazza

Stinks of political correctness, society certainly has some way to go but Diversity targets would have then to be based on numbers in the UK Population. So 51% women, 10% people of colour including 3% black 3% mixed and remainder of 10% Asian Chinese and others. I’ve no idea about gay or they. So the serious question is how are the authorities going to control the need for Hasenhuttl’s left foot needing to be the desired colour.
Above nonsense apart, all people should be considered on basis of best person for the job whatever their gender race or sexuality. Same as players are selected these days.
Equality Targets on 07:18 - Oct 29 with 828 viewsHeisenberg

Have they made a remake of Dumb and Dumber ? It's a voluntary code you dullards. The type of which every organisation you work for has. Even the Tory party has made efforts to ensure that its MPs are not all white middle aged privately educated men. All it attempts to do is ensure organisations do all they can to make sure they reflect the society we Iive in. What are you afraid of?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Equality Targets on 08:26 - Oct 29 with 808 viewsBicester_North

Equality Targets on 07:18 - Oct 29 by Heisenberg

Have they made a remake of Dumb and Dumber ? It's a voluntary code you dullards. The type of which every organisation you work for has. Even the Tory party has made efforts to ensure that its MPs are not all white middle aged privately educated men. All it attempts to do is ensure organisations do all they can to make sure they reflect the society we Iive in. What are you afraid of?

Here he is, pious mature student man.

No this is different, it says 25% of coach hires in the men’s game should be non white. That doesn’t “reflect the society we live in”. That means if a club signs up to this code, they have to ensure non white candidates represent twice the new hires in relation to the England population.

It’s just more USA crap being forced in a sport/country that didn’t need racial lines drawing.

You are obviously a USA loving type. Their country do this and it’s 10 times as racist as the UK was.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 8:28]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Equality Targets on 09:07 - Oct 29 with 795 viewsChesham_Saint

Equality Targets on 08:26 - Oct 29 by Bicester_North

Here he is, pious mature student man.

No this is different, it says 25% of coach hires in the men’s game should be non white. That doesn’t “reflect the society we live in”. That means if a club signs up to this code, they have to ensure non white candidates represent twice the new hires in relation to the England population.

It’s just more USA crap being forced in a sport/country that didn’t need racial lines drawing.

You are obviously a USA loving type. Their country do this and it’s 10 times as racist as the UK was.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 8:28]

I’m really not trying to be contentious and maybe I’ve missed this somewhere else, but why 25%? Why not 15% or 30%? I thought the ethnic mix in the U.K. was about 5-10% ‘non white’?

Also, and again not trying to be awkward (so a reasoned answer would be nice), but on black history month I’ve been trying to explain to some kids how this didn’t seem to address the histories of Asian and Chinese people and why they appear to not get the same treatment. Am I missing something obvious here?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Equality Targets on 08:26 - Oct 30 with 734 viewsSadoldgit

Have the Asian people been subject to as much slavery as black people? Are they continuing to be treated as second class citizens as many black people? I am sure that there are examples, but o don’t think that the maltreatment of Asian people’s has been as deep rooted and as long lasting. Asian people are subjected to racist comments, but usually centred around their looks. They don’t get called monkeys for example.
Equality Targets on 10:00 - Oct 30 with 709 viewsChesham_Saint

Equality Targets on 08:26 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

Have the Asian people been subject to as much slavery as black people? Are they continuing to be treated as second class citizens as many black people? I am sure that there are examples, but o don’t think that the maltreatment of Asian people’s has been as deep rooted and as long lasting. Asian people are subjected to racist comments, but usually centred around their looks. They don’t get called monkeys for example.

What? You base your argument on a guess?

The Chinese have suffered more than most - it puts almost everything else in the shade in terms of suffering. And Asia has been no picnic either, a recent example being the Bengal famine in 1943.

Surely they deserve as much respect as any other race?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Equality Targets on 11:22 - Oct 30 with 697 viewsBicester_North

Equality Targets on 08:26 - Oct 30 by Sadoldgit

Sorry but that’s a load of bollocks. Massive atrocities been committed all across Asia and Indians and Pakistanis bore the brunt of the worst racism here in the 70s etc

Equality Targets (n/t) on 11:26 - Oct 30 with 693 viewsBicester_North

Equality Targets on 11:22 - Oct 30 by Bicester_North

Sorry but that’s a load of bollocks. Massive atrocities been committed all across Asia and Indians and Pakistanis bore the brunt of the worst racism here in the 70s etc

[Post edited 30 Oct 2020 11:27]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024