Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings 02:29 - Feb 6 with 1778 viewsRipleys_revenge

Anyone else think Ingsy seems to be carrying some slight extra weight? Looking at the training pics he looks to me slightly less lean than previously. Not saying he's out of shape in any way! Just that I remember in the summer before the start of last season there was a lot of talk about the personal fitness regime he had got himself on and how through the season it paid dividends.

I wonder if there might be a lingering covid effect there. Just a thought, could be totally wrong but he has seemed off the pace recently
Ings on 07:27 - Feb 6 with 1711 viewsJaySaint

lingering effect of covid for the healthy u60s is almost nothing. Covid for the healthy u60s is almost nothing

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Ings on 09:29 - Feb 6 with 1650 viewsinthebox

Ings on 07:27 - Feb 6 by JaySaint

lingering effect of covid for the healthy u60s is almost nothing. Covid for the healthy u60s is almost nothing

Did you say you were a doctor?
Ings on 09:35 - Feb 6 with 1645 viewsJaySaint

Ings on 09:29 - Feb 6 by inthebox

No, just read ONS stats. around 400 healthy people u60 have died of covid. more have committed suicide...much more

is ings at risk of self harm?

Ings on 10:35 - Feb 6 with 1601 viewsSadoldgit

Ings on 09:29 - Feb 6 by inthebox

No. He gets his Covid briefings from Donald Trump.
Ings on 11:26 - Feb 6 with 1557 viewsinthebox

Ings on 09:35 - Feb 6 by JaySaint

No, just read ONS stats. around 400 healthy people u60 have died of covid. more have committed suicide...much more

Deaths, I thought we were talking about lingering health effects which could effect the suicide rate. Anyway looking forward to Ings scoring a hat trick this afternoon.
Ings on 11:29 - Feb 6 with 1555 viewsKennington

No one is saying Ings was going to die! But just because under 60s don’t often die from covid doesn’t mean they’re not knocked sideways by it. My missus got it in the spring and even a couple of months later she’d cough when walking. She didn’t need any hospitalisation either and was otherwise healthy beforehand. So don’t fall into the trap of measuring everything by death rates! Death is the crudest measurement out there as you’re either alive or not. That doesn’t mean there’s plenty of room for being alive but ill.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings on 12:22 - Feb 6 with 1513 viewsJaySaint

Ings on 11:29 - Feb 6 by Kennington

No one is saying Ings was going to die! But just because under 60s don’t often die from covid doesn’t mean they’re not knocked sideways by it. My missus got it in the spring and even a couple of months later she’d cough when walking. She didn’t need any hospitalisation either and was otherwise healthy beforehand. So don’t fall into the trap of measuring everything by death rates! Death is the crudest measurement out there as you’re either alive or not. That doesn’t mean there’s plenty of room for being alive but ill.

given we have let salisu have virtually a year off, do you think the physio's would let ings play if he was suffering with covid?

Ings on 12:36 - Feb 6 with 1496 viewsthissceptredsaint

Could you provide links to your stated evidence Mr Jaysaint?

And yes I did think he looked a bit bulky
Login to get fewer ads

Ings on 12:52 - Feb 6 with 1480 viewsKennington

Ings on 12:22 - Feb 6 by JaySaint

given we have let salisu have virtually a year off, do you think the physio's would let ings play if he was suffering with covid?

That wasn’t your earlier point. Your point was because only 400 under 60s have died then Ings would be fine. My point was, we don’t know. Football is full of stories of players coming back from problems too soon. Ings is a key player and first name on the team sheet. Ings came back incredibly fast after his knee op, so who knows if he’s actually 100% after having covid.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings on 13:08 - Feb 6 with 1452 viewsI_would

He's carrying the weight of being the only natural goal scorer in the squad.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Ings on 13:31 - Feb 6 with 1431 viewssolent_toffee

Ings on 12:52 - Feb 6 by Kennington

That wasn’t your earlier point. Your point was because only 400 under 60s have died then Ings would be fine. My point was, we don’t know. Football is full of stories of players coming back from problems too soon. Ings is a key player and first name on the team sheet. Ings came back incredibly fast after his knee op, so who knows if he’s actually 100% after having covid.

Saint Maxim at Newcastle is still struggling from having COVID a few months ago by all accounts.

Watch me put the jinx on that for today now!
Ings on 14:12 - Feb 6 with 1400 viewsRipleys_revenge

What a weird comment.

Anyway Ings is going to bang today. Come
On boys!!
Ings on 14:38 - Feb 6 with 1379 viewsBicester_North

Ings on 13:08 - Feb 6 by I_would

He's carrying the weight of being the only natural goal scorer in the squad.

If Adams goal was given the other night we’d have 3 players with 5 goals or more this season

Only the big clubs plus a couple more can also claim that. So it’s hardly unusual to only have one player who scored many in a season. Luckily we have the likes of JWP chipping in

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Ings on 18:07 - Feb 6 with 1286 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings is just seeing out time before his big move. He hasn't signed a new contract and obviously isn't going to and who can blame him some might say. He will be "off the pace" as you put it for the rest of the season, until he gets his move. He is obviously leaving, so why would we he risk getting injured or why would he bother too much when he knows he is leaving? His head is elsewhere, just like VD, Hojbjerg and Bertrand.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 18:09]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings on 19:05 - Feb 6 with 1251 viewsSadoldgit

He hasn’t picked up his sharpness since he came back from injury. A few months ago the shot that hit the post goes in and the header that landed comfortably in the keeps hands just before their second goal loops over his head into the net. At his level it is all about fine margins and at the moment he is below what he can achieve. It doesn’t mean that he had given up in the slightest. If he is so desperate to leave why wouldn’t he go out every week and try his hardest to prove that he is good enough for a top six side? He is just misfiring at the moment as are the team.
Ings on 19:10 - Feb 6 with 1241 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ings on 19:05 - Feb 6 by Sadoldgit

He hasn’t picked up his sharpness since he came back from injury. A few months ago the shot that hit the post goes in and the header that landed comfortably in the keeps hands just before their second goal loops over his head into the net. At his level it is all about fine margins and at the moment he is below what he can achieve. It doesn’t mean that he had given up in the slightest. If he is so desperate to leave why wouldn’t he go out every week and try his hardest to prove that he is good enough for a top six side? He is just misfiring at the moment as are the team.

What about Bertrand?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ings on 19:37 - Feb 6 with 1204 viewsericofarabia

Ings on 07:27 - Feb 6 by JaySaint

Okay, I'm 62 but would consider myself pretty healthy, and had Covid in November combined with Pneumonia. I still have issue with stamina and activity endurance.
Every person will react and recover differently.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024