Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City 12:30 - Mar 10 with 495 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/54486/will-ralph-priorit

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 12:55 - Mar 10 with 472 viewsDorsetIan

Anyone else might be justified, but leaving KWP out would be crazy imo.

We know that his absence leaves a massive hole in the defence and against this team having a massive hole in our defence would not be a good idea.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 13:30 - Mar 10 with 449 views1885_SFC

There is definitely a case for resting players for tonight's game - without doubt.

As much as it pains me to say it, we aren't going to get anything from it. By far the more important games are the Brighton & Bournemouth ones & those are the the games we should be targeting. We simply cannot risk the likes of KWP or Diallo picking up a muscle injury & missing the next few weeks.

Sadly - I've already written tonight's game off (booooo - hisssss)... but I'm a lot more positive about Brighton at the weekend... providing we haven't lost more important players (needlessly) tonight.

Old School is Cool

Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 14:42 - Mar 10 with 403 viewssaint22

Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 12:55 - Mar 10 by DorsetIan

We know that his absence leaves a massive hole in the defence and against this team having a massive hole in our defence would not be a good idea.

I dunno I think Stephens can handle Raheems pace.......
Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 14:47 - Mar 10 with 400 viewsTimSaint

Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 12:55 - Mar 10 by DorsetIan

When KWP got injured back in January against Arsenal, he missed 4 games, was rushed back too soon, played in the successive games against Wolves over 4 days and low and behold, got injured again and missed the next 3 games.

Even RH said after the event, that 2 games in quick succession was too much for him. If we do the same tonight and the same thing happens, we could potentially miss him for Brighton, Bournemouth and Burnley - which will have far more bearing on our whole season, than a game that we are already destined to lose.

Whoever plays at RB tonight will have their work cut out against the likes of Sterling et al. Obviously I would prefer KWP to play - he adds pace and shape to our back line - and I wouldn't want anyone to be thrown under the bus in that position tonight, but for the sake of our season, I can see why we would consider resting KWP and even Diallo for that matter.

TimSaint

Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 16:27 - Mar 10 with 333 viewsDorsetIan

Will Ralph Prioritise His Games For Saints Line Up At Manchester City on 14:47 - Mar 10 by TimSaint

When KWP got injured back in January against Arsenal, he missed 4 games, was rushed back too soon, played in the successive games against Wolves over 4 days and low and behold, got injured again and missed the next 3 games.

Even RH said after the event, that 2 games in quick succession was too much for him. If we do the same tonight and the same thing happens, we could potentially miss him for Brighton, Bournemouth and Burnley - which will have far more bearing on our whole season, than a game that we are already destined to lose.

Whoever plays at RB tonight will have their work cut out against the likes of Sterling et al. Obviously I would prefer KWP to play - he adds pace and shape to our back line - and I wouldn't want anyone to be thrown under the bus in that position tonight, but for the sake of our season, I can see why we would consider resting KWP and even Diallo for that matter.

If he's a genuine injury risk, fair enough. I just feel as though he not really one of our 'optional' players.

If he doesn't play KWP, it's got to be Ramsey or JWP at RB for me.

Starting Ramsey and Jankewitz in another evening game in Manchester would be a bold move. A good way to exorcise a few ghosts, or to exacerbate their PTSD.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024