Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guardiola 20:08 - Mar 10 with 856 viewssaint22

He loves us doesn’t he, always very complimentary
Guardiola on 20:19 - Mar 10 with 817 viewsA1079

May be my comment is a bit cynical 22, but managers are always complimentary about us when they beat us. That nice Southampton team, play good attractive attacking open football. In other words, we don't make it difficult for them. I don't want compliments when we lose, I want to get to the stage where these sides see us as a threat and a challenge to their status.
Guardiola on 20:44 - Mar 10 with 756 viewskernow

It feels much better when opposition managers skrike about being unlucky, hard done by and how they've underperformed after being unexpectedly beaten by Saints.

Couldn't care less about whether Pep "loves" us. Would prefer he respected , even hated us.

Hate being patronised.
Guardiola on 20:45 - Mar 10 with 752 viewsBlue

Guardiola on 20:19 - Mar 10 by A1079

May be my comment is a bit cynical 22, but managers are always complimentary about us when they beat us. That nice Southampton team, play good attractive attacking open football. In other words, we don't make it difficult for them. I don't want compliments when we lose, I want to get to the stage where these sides see us as a threat and a challenge to their status.

He complimented you after you beat us last season.

Still stood in the Kippax

Guardiola on 21:11 - Mar 10 with 694 viewsA1079

Guardiola on 20:45 - Mar 10 by Blue

He complimented you after you beat us last season.

Fair enough Blue. I have nothing against Pep or for that matter Man City, in fact I like him, he far outweighs Klopp. Generally Pep is measured. But, you don't get points for being a nice team to watch. We still conceded 5 goals, even though there were passages in our play and performance I was pleased with and unlike our last visit to Manchester we did not disgrace ourselves, but I stick with what I said - I am not bothered about being liked I want us to be feared and respected.
Guardiola on 22:26 - Mar 10 with 608 viewsIngskneeslide

He is. Maybe you could try and do the same once in a while?
Guardiola on 07:21 - Mar 11 with 460 viewsTripleNiemi

Guardiola on 20:19 - Mar 10 by A1079

A bit like the Koeman years?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Guardiola on 09:29 - Mar 11 with 408 viewsdirk_doone

He's probably thinking, you are so nice that I wish we could play you every week. The thing is, when teams play us, they know we are not going to rough them up, try to injure them or flop down on the ground screaming every time they tackle us. It must be a relief for our opponents to play a team that doesn't 'accidentally' stamp on their feet at every opportunity. I wonder if he's so complimentary about Leicester or Villa?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:40]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Guardiola on 09:36 - Mar 11 with 397 viewsBicester_North

Guardiola on 09:29 - Mar 11 by dirk_doone

He's probably thinking, you are so nice that I wish we could play you every week. The thing is, when teams play us, they know we are not going to rough them up, try to injure them or flop down on the ground screaming every time they tackle us. It must be a relief for our opponents to play a team that doesn't 'accidentally' stamp on their feet at every opportunity. I wonder if he's so complimentary about Leicester or Villa?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 9:40]

It doesn’t sit right all this self congratulatory talk from Ralph about Guardiola’s comments, after we had a defensive shocker.

We did play well at times and gave it a go but you can’t pay yourselves on the back too much after conceding 5

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024