Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 09:51 - May 2 with 681 viewsSaintNick

I got up checked the paper to make sure it wasn't all a dream and then went to the Saints pub in Millbrook to watch the open topped bus go by, then headed into town to see the bus arrive at the Civic Centre.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 11:22 - May 2 with 632 viewskingolaf

I was only 6. My dad took me to Bitterne to watch the bus. Still remember it.
Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 19:07 - May 2 with 533 viewsNumber_58

We went to The Dell and stood outside Springhill School as the bus left. I think my Dad was unsure if the cup would still be on the bus after passing through Millbrook.
Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 19:25 - May 2 with 521 viewsericofarabia

Up a tree just in front of The Painted Wagon getting a birds eye view of the Civic Centre Balcony 👍
Actually the tree wasn't very tall back then and luckily I was a lot lighter back then otherwise I'm pretty sure the branches would have snapped 😂
Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 08:08 - May 4 with 398 viewsdarthvader

Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 11:22 - May 2 by kingolaf

I was only 6. My dad took me to Bitterne to watch the bus. Still remember it.

Me too . I had a hatters type hat with Saints on it . I was 8 and we waited ages with seemed like thoasands of people ..i was sooo excited .and then the bus went by so quickly . 🙂

keep the faith coyr

Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 15:49 - May 4 with 345 viewsSalisburySaint

Where Were You On May 2nd 1976 on 08:08 - May 4 by darthvader

Me too . I had a hatters type hat with Saints on it . I was 8 and we waited ages with seemed like thoasands of people ..i was sooo excited .and then the bus went by so quickly . 🙂

i was ill suffering from food poisoning, watched events in Southampton on TV, but was ok to go to the Testimonial on the Monday night, where I only just managed to get in under the East Stand, after gates at Milton were closed
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024