Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2009 what if ? 18:45 - Aug 16 with 715 viewssotonian

We got so close to folding in 2009, then fortunately Marcus came in to save the day, at the time I blindly was in denial and assumed everything would be ok but looking back, things were very bleak

In most of my 50 odd years of supporting Saints, we have been in the top flight, non league football would not have done it for me so where I was going to get my football fix from? Portsmouth or Bournemouth would not have been an option, I think it would have been Crystal Palace but I have no logical reason why
2009 what if ? on 20:17 - Aug 16 with 645 viewsPatfromPoole

We would have re-formed like Wimbledon and worked our way back up through the Leagues.

I rather imagine it would have been quite wonderful.

Not that I regret at all how events turned out. We would not have had the trips to Milan, Prague, Israel etc etc if it had not been for Marcus.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

2009 what if ? on 20:46 - Aug 16 with 625 viewsbarry_sanchez

2009 what if ? on 20:17 - Aug 16 by PatfromPoole

We would have re-formed like Wimbledon and worked our way back up through the Leagues.

I rather imagine it would have been quite wonderful.

Not that I regret at all how events turned out. We would not have had the trips to Milan, Prague, Israel etc etc if it had not been for Marcus.

Defo would have become Southampton Part II, would have a been a great journey, better than hoping there are 3 worse teams every season.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

2009 what if ? on 21:17 - Aug 16 with 588 viewskingslandstand1

I think I'm with Pat on this. Def could not have looked at another "professional" club although would have got my fix through local Hampshire/WessexLeague club for live football as I always used to watch alongside Saints back in the 70's and 80's

Re what was actually happening at the time though I was also in denial in the "Don't worry, it'll never happen" camp
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024