Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fastest in the Premiership! 13:05 - Aug 25 with 1606 viewsSlacker

Adam Armstrong - Nathan Tella is also in the top five: mirror.co.uk

PremierLeague's top10 fastest players this season: Adam Treore misses out on No. 1 spot

Fastest in the Premiership! on 13:34 - Aug 25 with 1567 viewsSadoldgit

Strange. Weren’t we told he wasn’t that pacey before he signed for us?
Fastest in the Premiership! on 16:51 - Aug 25 with 1472 viewsdirk_doone

Armstrong is lightning fast. There wasn't a player on the pitch as quick as him on Sunday. A good song for him would be, "Greased lightning."
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 17:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fastest in the Premiership! on 16:56 - Aug 25 with 1459 viewsdirk_doone

Fastest in the Premiership! on 13:34 - Aug 25 by Sadoldgit

Strange. Weren’t we told he wasn’t that pacey before he signed for us?

No, the exact opposite. He was famous at Blackburn for his incredible pace. I posted this before we signed him:

"I had a look at the Blackburn forums to see what they thought about Armstrong before the transfer rumours surfaced. One of them said that with his pace he will become "world class". The player he was most likened to was not Blackburn's own Alan Shearer, but Michael Owen."

And when we signed him, I wrote this: "It's an odd window really. We've replaced one of our few good players, Walker-Peters, with a very good player: Livramento. Armstrong looks like a younger and faster version of Ings. So, there we have also replaced another one of our few good players with a very good player."

If you held a 20 yard race for Premier League players, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Armstrong win it.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2021 17:20]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fastest in the Premiership! on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 1397 viewsSadoldgit

Fastest in the Premiership! on 16:56 - Aug 25 by dirk_doone

No, the exact opposite. He was famous at Blackburn for his incredible pace. I posted this before we signed him:

"I had a look at the Blackburn forums to see what they thought about Armstrong before the transfer rumours surfaced. One of them said that with his pace he will become "world class". The player he was most likened to was not Blackburn's own Alan Shearer, but Michael Owen."

And when we signed him, I wrote this: "It's an odd window really. We've replaced one of our few good players, Walker-Peters, with a very good player: Livramento. Armstrong looks like a younger and faster version of Ings. So, there we have also replaced another one of our few good players with a very good player."

If you held a 20 yard race for Premier League players, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Armstrong win it.

I read a comment from a Blackburn fan to say that he wasn’t that quick but if he got away from a defender he was rarely caught. It would appear that he is that quick!
Fastest in the Premiership! on 17:48 - Aug 25 with 1397 viewsSoton

Fastest in the Premiership! on 16:56 - Aug 25 by dirk_doone

It’s early days yet but I do hope you are right, a lot of pacy player are not great footballers ( I always said this about Walcott, he needed take the ball with him and then shoot no just run like the wind) Armstrong seems a better all round player with more ability, we might have some exciting times ahead watching him this season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024