Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Sign Keeper On One Month Contract 10:40 - Dec 7 with 601 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56459/saints-sign-keeper

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Sign Keeper On One Month Contract on 11:25 - Dec 7 with 559 viewsA1079

Looking from the outside in, it is difficult not to be left with the impression that in recent seasons either the manager, the club or both seem to have made a right mess of our goalkeeper situation.

I appreciate I am not there and do not know or see the machinations of what goes on behind the scenes but that is the impression I am left with. Add into the fact that we seem to have goalkeeper coaches which have brought little or no value to the standard of goalkeeping at Southampton FC. We really need to improve in our recruitment but I suspect it comes down to money - if you are not prepared to pay and invest in quality at all levels you ultimately pay the price.
Saints Sign Keeper On One Month Contract on 12:22 - Dec 7 with 508 viewssaints__fan__73

Saints Sign Keeper On One Month Contract on 11:25 - Dec 7 by A1079

Looking from the outside in, it is difficult not to be left with the impression that in recent seasons either the manager, the club or both seem to have made a right mess of our goalkeeper situation.

I appreciate I am not there and do not know or see the machinations of what goes on behind the scenes but that is the impression I am left with. Add into the fact that we seem to have goalkeeper coaches which have brought little or no value to the standard of goalkeeping at Southampton FC. We really need to improve in our recruitment but I suspect it comes down to money - if you are not prepared to pay and invest in quality at all levels you ultimately pay the price.

This one is definitely not money. It's pure bad recruitment.

We signed our keeper of the future a few seasons back in Angus Gunn and paid £13.5m for him which is a huge amount for a young keeper.

Sadly he turned out not to be very good.....

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024