Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict 10:25 - Dec 29 with 993 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/56605/southampton-v-tott

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 10:54 - Dec 29 with 950 viewsButty101

I agree with most of your report. However can’t agree on a couple things. Shane long offered nothing. He missed a sitter of a header that turned out to be offside. In the 2nd half he offered little. He didn’t hold the ball up or win free kicks . He did chase shadows but the ball kept coming straight back. I thought once Broja came over he made an impact and we actually had a little bit of pressure at the other end.
The other thing was Forster clearly jumps into the back of the spurs player and then drops the ball. But keepers are ridiculously protected by refs. Other than that I though he was excellent

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 11:39 - Dec 29 with 881 viewsIanSouthstander

Tino was sat in the stands, so i doubt very much that he has proved positive for covid.

Probably just needed a rest.
Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 11:47 - Dec 29 with 875 views1ASIN12

Have to agree with Nick, I thought Shane long was excellent yesterday and put a shift in - he's never going to score that many (he didn't even in his prime) but more then make up for that in his chasing , hassling and generally being a nuisance to the other team.

I also Thought Fraser Forster had a good game and when we went down to 10 men was excellent at time wasting - keeping the ball, kicking it over the hoarding's when spurs had a corner, falling to the ground every time he caught the ball etc.

A great team performance
Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 12:20 - Dec 29 with 853 viewsBison

JWP was captain fantastic yesterday following up on his WHU performance. He is also now only the 4th player in PL history to score 10 penalties and 10 direct freekicks.

Not sure what was up with him last couple of months but he is back now.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 13:34 - Dec 29 with 757 views1885_SFC

Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 11:39 - Dec 29 by IanSouthstander

Tino was sat in the stands, so i doubt very much that he has proved positive for covid.

Probably just needed a rest.

Tino was injured - fluid on the knee.

Old School is Cool

Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 15:20 - Dec 29 with 689 viewsSaintsforeverj

Have to agree with Nick, that Long put in a shift and is a much better experienced option than having a young player playing, like we did last year when we had injuries. The whole team gave everything. It certainly did feel like a win.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton V Tottenham Hotspur The Verdict on 16:57 - Dec 29 with 623 viewsA1079

Just got back home in Yorkshire after a couple of days in Southampton and just about everything has been said about yesterday's game but on a personal note I was full of pride and dead proud of our performance yesterday and of the fans. Both seemed to feed off each other. Terrific atmosphere, terrific spirit on and off the pitch.

Every player put a shift in but I would probably point out 4 players as been massive and that is Forster, JWP, KWP and Valery. I have been critical of JWP this season but these last 3 games he has been back to being the player he can be and often has been,
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 17:06]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024