Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Mee 20:46 - Jul 21 with 816 viewsSaintNick

Going to leave Burnley on a free transfer, would have made a good signing for us, experienced central defender and at 32 was a virtual ever present until injury ended his season with 13 games to go, he could have been a good mentor to our youngsters but seems he is going to Brentford

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ben Mee on 20:54 - Jul 21 with 791 viewsSaintsforeverj

You're right, he would have been a good signing. But we won't get anyone in without a sell on value. We won't be getting the experienced defender we need, they won't do it. We are looking at an average age of about 22 at the moment. An early sending off, and this young team could collapse, especially with our defence. I'm not convinced you can just have a team of really young players, but I hope I'm wrong. Our strategy is clear to see, but it's high risk stuff in an unforgiving PL. I hope these hungry young players strut around the pitch, with energy and passion, but I'm not convinced. We shall see.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ben Mee on 21:01 - Jul 21 with 772 viewsSaintNick

Ben Mee on 20:54 - Jul 21 by Saintsforeverj

You're right, he would have been a good signing. But we won't get anyone in without a sell on value. We won't be getting the experienced defender we need, they won't do it. We are looking at an average age of about 22 at the moment. An early sending off, and this young team could collapse, especially with our defence. I'm not convinced you can just have a team of really young players, but I hope I'm wrong. Our strategy is clear to see, but it's high risk stuff in an unforgiving PL. I hope these hungry young players strut around the pitch, with energy and passion, but I'm not convinced. We shall see.

Thats not true about a sell on value, we signed Walcott last summer for instance and Rasmus Ankersen signed older players at Brentford.

I agree with you, you cant have a team just with inexperienced youngsters, but as mentioned we have broke that mould, perhaps we will do this summer

Ben Mee on 21:02 - Jul 21 with 767 viewsPatfromPoole

We have Oliver Lancashire as a mentor. A truly fine defender.

Why on earth would we need Ben Mee?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ben Mee on 21:21 - Jul 21 with 745 viewsSaintNick

Ben Mee on 21:02 - Jul 21 by PatfromPoole

We have Oliver Lancashire as a mentor. A truly fine defender.

Why on earth would we need Ben Mee?

I would rather see Ben come to me and Olly go to lancashire

Ben Mee on 21:57 - Jul 21 with 701 viewsfelly1

Ben Mee on 21:21 - Jul 21 by SaintNick

I would rather see Ben come to me and Olly go to lancashire

And Jack go to Stephenage
Ben Mee on 22:12 - Jul 21 with 673 viewsPatfromPoole

Ben Mee on 21:57 - Jul 21 by felly1

And Nathan go to Jesmond.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ben Mee on 22:12 - Jul 21 with 672 viewsSaintNick

Ben Mee on 21:57 - Jul 21 by felly1

Very droll, perhaps jan will fo to Bednareykjavik

Ben Mee on 23:08 - Jul 21 with 613 viewsdirk_doone

Ben Mee on 22:12 - Jul 21 by SaintNick

Very droll, perhaps jan will fo to Bednareykjavik

He'll need to be on a good wage though. Beds near there are expensive.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Mee on 06:30 - Jul 22 with 538 viewssaint22

total no brainer
but that seems to be a massive blind spot at our club DEFENDERS with experience
Ben Mee on 09:29 - Jul 22 with 443 viewsSadoldgit

McCarthy has experience. Bednarek has experience. I am not bothered about age. If you are good enough you are old enough. I am more concerned about integrating so many new faces into the club at once. If they are quality players and gel quickly I don’t think we will have a problem. It could take several games for them to bed in and I just hope that they are given time and that people don’t get on their backs after a few defeats. We have a tough start to the season but I am quite exited to see what these new players can bring to the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024