Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton Get Two Out On Loan 09:05 - Jul 27 with 764 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58061/southampton-get-tw

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:27 - Jul 27 with 732 viewssaints__fan__73

Small was signed with thoughts of being a backup squad player last season but 12 months on is now being shipped off to a L1 club. The first evidence of the results of the buying kids approach doesn't look great.

So he cost £5m. I hope Nick will be just as critical of his signing as he was of Forren's. Although, unlike with Forren, we are unlikely to be able to recoup most of the money by selling him back from whence he came.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:34 - Jul 27 with 727 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:27 - Jul 27 by saints__fan__73

Small was signed with thoughts of being a backup squad player last season but 12 months on is now being shipped off to a L1 club. The first evidence of the results of the buying kids approach doesn't look great.

So he cost £5m. I hope Nick will be just as critical of his signing as he was of Forren's. Although, unlike with Forren, we are unlikely to be able to recoup most of the money by selling him back from whence he came.

Small isn't ready to make the breakthrough yet, if you read the article you will see why the path to the first team is blocked at the moment, so rather than let him play B team football they are letting him get some competitive experience.

I wish I had just said "I agree with you" then you would have written all this yourself in reply and saved me doing it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:42 - Jul 27 with 702 viewsButty101

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:34 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Small isn't ready to make the breakthrough yet, if you read the article you will see why the path to the first team is blocked at the moment, so rather than let him play B team football they are letting him get some competitive experience.

I wish I had just said "I agree with you" then you would have written all this yourself in reply and saved me doing it

Smalls problem hasnt been that his path is blocked. Hes just not good enough at the moment. Hes still young and might make it.

its 3 loans out by the way - Will Smallbone has gone as well to stoke.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 10:37 - Jul 27 with 618 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:42 - Jul 27 by Butty101

Smalls problem hasnt been that his path is blocked. Hes just not good enough at the moment. Hes still young and might make it.

its 3 loans out by the way - Will Smallbone has gone as well to stoke.

I think his path is blocked in that you are right he isn't ready, but he hasn't had the chance to get in the side and get up to speed.

The two loans was in respect of this week

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 11:42 - Jul 27 with 569 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 09:34 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

You do write some tripe.

He's just not good enough lol.

We only have two fit full backs on the books at present KWP and Valery (who can only really play as a CB in a back 3). There could not be a better time for a decent youth team player to play a part of the squad. The pathway is anything but blocked!

We're going into the season with having to play a CB at FB which never works well.

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 11:54 - Jul 27 with 564 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 11:42 - Jul 27 by saints__fan__73

You do write some tripe.

We only have two fit full backs on the books at present KWP and Valery (who can only really play as a CB in a back 3). There could not be a better time for a decent youth team player to play a part of the squad. The pathway is anything but blocked!

We're going into the season with having to play a CB at FB which never works well.

Small is 17 years old, he has played 45 minutes of first team football yet you are able to tell that he is not good enough !!!

Saints spent millions on all sorts of analytic systems to evaluate players , yet right on their doorstep they have a talent spotting genius who can tell them within 45 minutes whether a player will make it of not.

The pathway may be a little clearer for a month or two, but by January it will be blocked again.

In case you hadn't noticed we have not actually employed full backs in pre season, we have played a back three and used wing backs

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 12:12 - Jul 27 with 551 viewssaints__fan__73

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 11:54 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Small is 17 years old, he has played 45 minutes of first team football yet you are able to tell that he is not good enough !!!

Saints spent millions on all sorts of analytic systems to evaluate players , yet right on their doorstep they have a talent spotting genius who can tell them within 45 minutes whether a player will make it of not.

The pathway may be a little clearer for a month or two, but by January it will be blocked again.

In case you hadn't noticed we have not actually employed full backs in pre season, we have played a back three and used wing backs

Of course we haven't employed full backs in pre-season, we only have KWP to employ lol!

I think your comments about him not being good enough should be directed to the club. Not only, after only 45 mins of play, have they decided he's not good enough to be even a backup for us, they have also decided he's not good enough to go on loan to the Championship!

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 20:23 - Jul 27 with 410 viewsSaintNick

Southampton Get Two Out On Loan on 11:42 - Jul 27 by saints__fan__73

You do write some tripe.

Funny Romain Perraud looks fit enough playing against Monaco tonight so we have 3 full backs fit

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024