Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pochettino 09:37 - Aug 7 with 907 viewsPatfromPoole

Presumably biding his time for the United job.

Probably going to be a year or two before that becomes available.

Wonder if we had a word if he might come back to us for 12 months.

I’d have him back here in a heartbeat.

The players wouldn’t be allowed to take the piss out of him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Pochettino on 09:41 - Aug 7 with 897 viewsSadoldgit

Why would he come back here and what is the point of having a manager for one year only? He also got plenty of stick here for not having a plan B. I don’t think that the players are taking the p out of our manager. They are just not good enough to beat champions league level teams on a regular basis.
Pochettino on 09:52 - Aug 7 with 855 viewsPatfromPoole

Pochettino on 09:41 - Aug 7 by Sadoldgit

Why would he come back here and what is the point of having a manager for one year only? He also got plenty of stick here for not having a plan B. I don’t think that the players are taking the p out of our manager. They are just not good enough to beat champions league level teams on a regular basis.

Pochettino is a football addict. I’m sure he’d far rather be in the game than not.

His Plan A worked quite a lot for us; and Spurs.

Regarding short-term contracts etc, have we benefited from Hassenhutl being with us for 4 years? Other than in saving on manager redundancy costs?

He shows no sign of improving our defending, and he looks a beaten man most of the time.

Pochettino on 13:20 - Aug 7 with 705 viewsSadoldgit

Maybe so, but Pochettino isn’t going to come back here. We need someone who wants to be here for the right reasons and is prepared to hang around for the project.
Pochettino on 13:25 - Aug 7 with 698 viewsPatfromPoole

Pochettino on 13:20 - Aug 7 by Sadoldgit

Maybe so, but Pochettino isn’t going to come back here. We need someone who wants to be here for the right reasons and is prepared to hang around for the project.

Dunno.

I think apart from the very best managers (Klopp, Guardiola) managers go stale when they have been at a club too long, and players tire of the same message.

It even happened to Howe at Boscombe, and I rate him very highly.

Pochettino on 14:22 - Aug 7 with 638 viewskingolaf

Pochettino on 09:52 - Aug 7 by PatfromPoole

Pochettino is a football addict. I’m sure he’d far rather be in the game than not.

His Plan A worked quite a lot for us; and Spurs.

Regarding short-term contracts etc, have we benefited from Hassenhutl being with us for 4 years? Other than in saving on manager redundancy costs?

He shows no sign of improving our defending, and he looks a beaten man most of the time.

He is a beaten man. Beaten a hell of a lot recently.
Pochettino on 14:43 - Aug 7 with 596 viewsdirk_doone

Pochettino on 09:41 - Aug 7 by Sadoldgit

The problem is that you could substitute "premier" for "champions" there and you could also delete "on a regular basis" as we've only won one of our last thirteen league games and that was back in the middle of April and only because of a brilliant performance from a player who's gone now.

5 March 2022 Aston Villa 4—0 Southampton

10 March 2022 Southampton 1—2 Newcastle United

13 March 2022 Southampton 1—2 Watford

2 April 2022 Leeds United 1—1 Southampton

9 April 2022 Southampton 0—6 Chelsea

16 April 2022 Southampton 1—0 Arsenal

21 April 2022 Burnley 2—0 Southampton

24 April 2022 Brighton 2—2 Southampton

30 April 2022 Southampton 1—2 Crystal Palace

7 May 2022 Brentford 3—0 Southampton

17 May 2022 Southampton 1—2 Liverpool

22 May 2022 Leicester City 4—1 Southampton

6 August 2022 Tottenham 4-1 Southampton

10 goals for 33 against. Our average result nowadays is a 1-3 defeat to any other Premier League team.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 14:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Pochettino on 16:54 - Aug 7 with 484 viewssaint68

Pochettino on 13:20 - Aug 7 by Sadoldgit

"We need someone who wants to be here for the right reasons and is prepared to hang around for the project"

Well that project distinctly looks like relegation, Arthur.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024