Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent 14:10 - Aug 31 with 1147 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58428/arsenals-maitland-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:06 - Aug 31 with 1027 viewsdirk_doone

Just had a look at the Arsenal forum to see what their fans think about it:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/ainsley-maitland-niles-out.35420/page-7#
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 15:15]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:17 - Aug 31 with 992 viewsBicester_North

Previous rumours of not having the best attitude but a low risk loan deal seems a good move.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:21 - Aug 31 with 978 viewsElijahK

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:17 - Aug 31 by Bicester_North

Previous rumours of not having the best attitude but a low risk loan deal seems a good move.

Yeah well the loans with option to buy deals are almost always a win-win scenarios for the buyers.

As if he turns out to be great and does show off and help us get up the table (just like what happened with KWP) then we can get him and we already know what to expect, whilst if he’s a bit inconsistent then we can assess the circumstances at the end of the season and see of whether we really need him or not, yet if he’s dreadful and a complete waste of a loan then other than having to pay his wages for the season (as well as maybe a small loan fee) we’ve not spent much and would have saved quite a bit of money.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:30 - Aug 31 with 968 viewsBuggalugs

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:21 - Aug 31 by ElijahK

Yeah well the loans with option to buy deals are almost always a win-win scenarios for the buyers.

As if he turns out to be great and does show off and help us get up the table (just like what happened with KWP) then we can get him and we already know what to expect, whilst if he’s a bit inconsistent then we can assess the circumstances at the end of the season and see of whether we really need him or not, yet if he’s dreadful and a complete waste of a loan then other than having to pay his wages for the season (as well as maybe a small loan fee) we’ve not spent much and would have saved quite a bit of money.

I cite Alderweireld as an example of option to buy meaning fvck all.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:14 - Aug 31 with 872 viewsPatfromPoole

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 15:30 - Aug 31 by Buggalugs

I cite Alderweireld as an example of option to buy meaning fvck all.

There is I think a rather key difference between an “option” and an “obligation”.

I believe Ings was the latter….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:18 - Aug 31 with 851 viewsHeisenberg

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:14 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

There is I think a rather key difference between an “option” and an “obligation”.

Didn’t Ings leave for a chance to play in the Champions League ? Not going well is it.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:20 - Aug 31 with 845 viewsButty101

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:14 - Aug 31 by PatfromPoole

Sky are reporting that we are in talks with PSV about winger Cody Gakpo. Apparently we had a 21mill offer but its going to take 25mill

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:28 - Aug 31 with 830 viewsPatfromPoole

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:18 - Aug 31 by Heisenberg

Didn’t Ings leave for a chance to play in the Champions League ? Not going well is it.

I was referring to the deal when we signed him from the Scousers, who probably thought they were stitching us up by inserting an "obligation" to buy somebody who had hardly played for them due to injury......

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:31 - Aug 31 with 825 viewsPatfromPoole

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 16:20 - Aug 31 by Butty101

Sky are reporting that we are in talks with PSV about winger Cody Gakpo. Apparently we had a 21mill offer but its going to take 25mill

I still think we need an out and out striker.

At the moment the only one we seem to have is Che.

We have Adam Armstrong and Mara who can play up front, but they may be better options either as attacking midfielders or out wide. The pass Mara played for KWP's goal v Leeds showed he could probably be versatile.

If Che gets injured or suspended, we are struggling. He was immense last night.

Arsenal's Maitland-Niles To Southampton Deal Imminent on 11:57 - Sep 1 with 527 viewsTimSaint

Looks like this is going ahead, as he has apparently had his medical and we are now just waiting on Arsenal to sign the contracts.

Hopefully this loan will kick him on and he really can make a difference, but can't help thinking that if he was any good, he would not have been loaned out as much as he has of late.

I also seem to recall that when we were interested in loaning him a couple of seasons ago, he chose West Brom (of all teams) ahead of us !! They did stuff us 3-0 at the Hawthorns, but we had the last laugh as they finished 2nd bottom and went down.

If he plays, we will have an interesting line up including AMN, KWP, ABK and JWP !! :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024