Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Queen 13:50 - Sep 9 with 1669 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/58509/southampton-v-bren

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 14:12 - Sep 9 with 1629 viewsElijahK

It’ll be interesting to see of whether or not the Villa game gets called off or not, as many are saying this is going to continue until next Monday (as in the 18th), although there are champions league games midweek and they’ll almost certainly not be called off seeing how it’s just us and would effect many nations schedules, although you never know

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 14:15 - Sep 9 with 1625 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 14:12 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

It’ll be interesting to see of whether or not the Villa game gets called off or not, as many are saying this is going to continue until next Monday (as in the 18th), although there are champions league games midweek and they’ll almost certainly not be called off seeing how it’s just us and would effect many nations schedules, although you never know

Logic says that next week's games will be off too. The funeral will be next Sunday or bank holiday Monday, so they won't play games again until the funeral is over. They can't have super Sunday going on, with fans travelling around the country if the Queen is being laid to rest. Ours is on a Friday, but there is no point playing just a few games.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 14:17]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 14:45 - Sep 9 with 1582 viewsWints76

Though it seems rugby games are going ahead, we're all going to work as normal, I can still go to the pub, betting shops are open and having just got back from London, the streets are still full of shoppers. But can't go to the match
[Post edited 9 Sep 2022 14:48]
Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 15:24 - Sep 9 with 1532 views1ASIN12

It’s probably one of those things that you are never going to win .

Postpone games and people say that wanted to go , play games and people would say how disappointed they are that sport carries on .

Personally I’d have liked the game to have been played with a minutes silence / God save the queen sung etc .
Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 16:42 - Sep 9 with 1444 viewsElijahK

Just seen that the Rugby and cricket will be on this weekend, so I’m quite confused as to why footballs not now? As I thought it was going to be all sports that were to stop, not just football?

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 16:56 - Sep 9 with 1432 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 16:42 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

Just seen that the Rugby and cricket will be on this weekend, so I’m quite confused as to why footballs not now? As I thought it was going to be all sports that were to stop, not just football?

I don't think that's right to not cancel those game as well, but I suspect, and they won't say it, but it's because of the reputation of football fans being badly behaved. Football grounds are in the public eye, and the nation might see disrespectful, disgusting behaviour from a few one day after her death. And as I said, booing the anthem maybe at a certain ground, whereas this sort of stuff doesn't happen at cricket or rugby.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 16:58 - Sep 9 with 1430 viewsSaintsforeverj

Full credit to West Ham though. They know what the word respect means.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 17:18 - Sep 9 with 1393 viewsElijahK

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 16:56 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think that's right to not cancel those game as well, but I suspect, and they won't say it, but it's because of the reputation of football fans being badly behaved. Football grounds are in the public eye, and the nation might see disrespectful, disgusting behaviour from a few one day after her death. And as I said, booing the anthem maybe at a certain ground, whereas this sort of stuff doesn't happen at cricket or rugby.

In all fairness though I don’t think that would happen after the queen dying as that actually means something major, whilst when it’s just the usual NA before a game it doesn’t really have the same meaning and emotions behind it.

But ether way, it’s quite frustrating to see that football is the only major sport that seems to have been changed, as if it was all of them (like the guidelines said) then I wouldn’t be soo bothered as at least the concept of it would make sense, but the fact that they’re not only goes and removes the whole main point of the games being off, as other sports are having there’s on.

Still hopefully as the other sports are on, and they’ll be champions league midweek, that means that the games for next weekend (or Friday for us) will be taking place

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 20:47 - Sep 9 with 1315 viewsJellybaby

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 17:18 - Sep 9 by ElijahK

In all fairness though I don’t think that would happen after the queen dying as that actually means something major, whilst when it’s just the usual NA before a game it doesn’t really have the same meaning and emotions behind it.

But ether way, it’s quite frustrating to see that football is the only major sport that seems to have been changed, as if it was all of them (like the guidelines said) then I wouldn’t be soo bothered as at least the concept of it would make sense, but the fact that they’re not only goes and removes the whole main point of the games being off, as other sports are having there’s on.

Still hopefully as the other sports are on, and they’ll be champions league midweek, that means that the games for next weekend (or Friday for us) will be taking place

Ah, but football is followed by the peasants and we must be kept in line, so as with lockdown, any activity is only practiced at the absolute discretion of our betters and any activity can be closed down at a moments notice. It's for our own good you understand.....

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:28 - Sep 9 with 1266 viewssaintwizzler

I am truly gutted that my Queen has died.
Another nail in this beautiful country that is slowly dying.

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:32 - Sep 9 with 1264 viewsPatfromPoole

Adam Blackmore makes a very good point.

Liverpool fans would have ruined it.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:36 - Sep 9 with 1257 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:32 - Sep 9 by PatfromPoole

Good old Brown Nose Blackmore.
More splinters in his buttocks than Ralph’s had wet dreams over Djenepo playing Left Back.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:04 - Sep 9 with 1239 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:32 - Sep 9 by PatfromPoole

I made this point earlier. A few fans would embarrass our country and disrespect our Queen.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 23:16 - Sep 9 with 1197 viewscocklebreath

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 16:58 - Sep 9 by Saintsforeverj

Full credit to West Ham though. They know what the word respect means.

Every ground up and down the country could have done this, except where the scouse coonts are, it’s a real shame and as for my 9 year olds 1st game of the season being called off, ridiculous.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:54 - Sep 10 with 954 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 23:16 - Sep 9 by cocklebreath

Every ground up and down the country could have done this, except where the scouse coonts are, it’s a real shame and as for my 9 year olds 1st game of the season being called off, ridiculous.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/09/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-football-fans-boo-minutes

This happened at Hearts too.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:05 - Sep 10 with 949 viewsElijahK

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 21:54 - Sep 10 by Saintsforeverj

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/09/queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-football-fans-boo-minutes

This happened at Hearts too.

But at the end of the day there’s gonna be some form of respect to the queen (so like a minutes silence or something) at some point over the next month for the league games in the UK, whether that’s this coming weekend, or the start of October, it’s inevitable. So no matter what they do there will be booing/forms of abuse at some games, so all that postponing games does for that is delay it.
As whenever our next game at St Mary’s or Villa Park is, they’ll be some form of respect for her, so postponing it doesn’t change anything var the date that it’s done on.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:12 - Sep 10 with 943 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:05 - Sep 10 by ElijahK

But at the end of the day there’s gonna be some form of respect to the queen (so like a minutes silence or something) at some point over the next month for the league games in the UK, whether that’s this coming weekend, or the start of October, it’s inevitable. So no matter what they do there will be booing/forms of abuse at some games, so all that postponing games does for that is delay it.
As whenever our next game at St Mary’s or Villa Park is, they’ll be some form of respect for her, so postponing it doesn’t change anything var the date that it’s done on.

But the world's eyes are on us now, not in a few weeks time when the funeral is over. It would.look terrible two days before the funeral this weekend, if there is disrespect, violence, booing or anything, just as the world's dignitaries turn on their hotel TV's this Saturday and Sunday. And it's about police resources, closing roads in London etc. It doesn't matter, people can get a refund on football tickets or just attend the rearranged fixture.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 22:13]

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:24 - Sep 10 with 921 viewsElijahK

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:12 - Sep 10 by Saintsforeverj

But the world's eyes are on us now, not in a few weeks time when the funeral is over. It would.look terrible two days before the funeral this weekend, if there is disrespect, violence, booing or anything, just as the world's dignitaries turn on their hotel TV's this Saturday and Sunday. And it's about police resources, closing roads in London etc. It doesn't matter, people can get a refund on football tickets or just attend the rearranged fixture.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 22:13]

I agree and understand over the police issue (although I do think they could probably have enough, but at the same time I’m not policing expect so can’t say that as a fact) but the media one less so, as I get it would be kinda better to have it after the funeral, but at the same time wouldn’t it be quite embarrassing for loads of booing and abuse/disrespect towards the queen when the respects are shown, to be the first games after the funeral? As that would also get loads of media attention and would also be very embarrassing for the country. As if it’s gonna happen at some point if fans are going to not show their respects to her.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:32 - Sep 10 with 916 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:24 - Sep 10 by ElijahK

I agree and understand over the police issue (although I do think they could probably have enough, but at the same time I’m not policing expect so can’t say that as a fact) but the media one less so, as I get it would be kinda better to have it after the funeral, but at the same time wouldn’t it be quite embarrassing for loads of booing and abuse/disrespect towards the queen when the respects are shown, to be the first games after the funeral? As that would also get loads of media attention and would also be very embarrassing for the country. As if it’s gonna happen at some point if fans are going to not show their respects to her.

It's more embarrassing having to face the world's leaders face to face. After the funeral, they will be too busy with their own countries, to notice something on the news at 10 a couple of weeks later. Before the funeral they are here and watching us. I'm not even sure they will have a minutes silence anyway, in what will be 3 weeks time because of the international break. It will all be over by then. That's the plan I think, don't even have a minutes silence. What the eye doesn't see.... They can avoid any embarrassment.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 22:33]

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:39 - Sep 10 with 898 viewsElijahK

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:32 - Sep 10 by Saintsforeverj

It's more embarrassing having to face the world's leaders face to face. After the funeral, they will be too busy with their own countries, to notice something on the news at 10 a couple of weeks later. Before the funeral they are here and watching us. I'm not even sure they will have a minutes silence anyway, in what will be 3 weeks time because of the international break. It will all be over by then. That's the plan I think, don't even have a minutes silence. What the eye doesn't see.... They can avoid any embarrassment.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 22:33]

I mean I’m almost a 100% certain that there will be a minutes silence or so, at wherever the next saints game is gonna be, so I don’t think it’s gonna get stopped, but look at the end of the day both sides have points and overall well just have to wait and see what’s announced! (Which I’d presume will probably be by like Tuesday or maybe Wednesday as our one is the Friday game and they should certainly give fans (although it’s not like the FA do care too much about us) at least 48 hours notice)

But I’d certainly hope that if they were to be called off that it would only be the EFL/Prem, as why the non league or youth games can’t take place makes no sense at all, especially seeing how all other sports will probably be on.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:45 - Sep 10 with 896 viewsSaintsforeverj

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 22:39 - Sep 10 by ElijahK

I mean I’m almost a 100% certain that there will be a minutes silence or so, at wherever the next saints game is gonna be, so I don’t think it’s gonna get stopped, but look at the end of the day both sides have points and overall well just have to wait and see what’s announced! (Which I’d presume will probably be by like Tuesday or maybe Wednesday as our one is the Friday game and they should certainly give fans (although it’s not like the FA do care too much about us) at least 48 hours notice)

But I’d certainly hope that if they were to be called off that it would only be the EFL/Prem, as why the non league or youth games can’t take place makes no sense at all, especially seeing how all other sports will probably be on.

They should certainly be able to play the lower league games. Eastleigh are playing this Tuesday, so I hope that goes ahead.

Southampton V Brentford Postponed This Weekend As A Mark Of Respect For The Quee on 08:27 - Sep 11 with 819 viewsJellybaby

When George 6th died in 1952 all the football matches went ahead.

I don't see that anything has been gained by stopping everything other than to remind the masses that the Elites can stop their activities whenever they want to, as in Lockdown.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024