Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Quality 15:27 - Oct 3 with 946 viewssouthampton76

I would like to ask a question .Nearly all of the players we have loaned out or sold to Championship or lower clubs all seem to be playing well and scoring and getting the plaudits,and in contrast all the players we have signed from lower leagues sadly in my opinion just don't cut it in the premier so why do we continue to waste our money on several lower league players where we should buy one or even two quality players
Championship Quality on 08:50 - Oct 4 with 772 viewsdwayne_dibley

Not the financial model the owners want to follow
They see the club as a nursery feeder club making money by buying young players cheap and selling on for a profit

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Championship Quality on 09:20 - Oct 4 with 742 viewssaintwizzler

Championship Quality on 08:50 - Oct 4 by dwayne_dibley

They see the club as a nursery feeder club making money by buying young players cheap and selling on for a profit

You got it Dwayne baby.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Championship Quality on 09:50 - Oct 4 with 711 viewssaints__fan__73

Or the reality of buying young players not that cheaply and then paying their wages while they play on loan in the lower leagues.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Championship Quality on 10:02 - Oct 4 with 690 viewsGRIM

Championship Quality on 09:50 - Oct 4 by saints__fan__73

Or the reality of buying young players not that cheaply and then paying their wages while they play on loan in the lower leagues.

Not sure about that.
Do we pay players full wages when they are out on loan.
I thought the clubs shared the cost of loaned players.
I'm sure Arsenal wouldn't be paying Maitland Niles wages while he's on loan to Saints.
Championship Quality on 10:06 - Oct 4 with 687 viewsSaintNick

You are right, but the fact is this is the only way we can compete, it is the way we have competed for the past 60 years,

Is it better to sign Bella Kotchap for £10 million get two seasons out of him and then sell him for £50 million and then be able to repeat the exercise by buying three players with the profit or better to but players like Yoshida or Lemina, players with experience but who ultimately arent going to get in any other premier League team.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Championship Quality on 10:34 - Oct 4 with 653 viewssaints__fan__73

Championship Quality on 10:06 - Oct 4 by SaintNick

You are right, but the fact is this is the only way we can compete, it is the way we have competed for the past 60 years,

Is it better to sign Bella Kotchap for £10 million get two seasons out of him and then sell him for £50 million and then be able to repeat the exercise by buying three players with the profit or better to but players like Yoshida or Lemina, players with experience but who ultimately arent going to get in any other premier League team.

But that hasn't worked since the Koemen gems of Mane and VVD.

How many of Lemina, Gabbiadini, Hoedt, Elywotsit, Boufal, etc have we been able to sell for £50m and how many were we forced to let see out their contracts?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Championship Quality on 11:41 - Oct 4 with 605 viewsdwayne_dibley

Championship Quality on 10:34 - Oct 4 by saints__fan__73

But that hasn't worked since the Koemen gems of Mane and VVD.

How many of Lemina, Gabbiadini, Hoedt, Elywotsit, Boufal, etc have we been able to sell for £50m and how many were we forced to let see out their contracts?

So many

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Championship Quality on 19:11 - Oct 4 with 490 viewsfelly1

Championship Quality on 10:06 - Oct 4 by SaintNick

Yoshida cost us just over 2 million quid. We got 150 apps and 6 goals out of him. A pretty good return I reckon.
Also Lemina played for another Prem league club.. Fulham.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024