Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At last common sense prevails 21:10 - Nov 7 with 3553 viewsApex

The board have finally agreed with the supporters that the Manager is no longer up to the job, I just hope they give the next one the much needed money to by new players.
I would personally look for two good players with really fast pace up front such as Shane Long had, then by sticking to a 4 4 2 system the other team are not so keen to leave their defence unsupported in order for their midfield to gambles on charging forward into your box.

Anyone who understands football will know that when the other team have little to fear from your ponderous strikers who lack pace they will push up into your half with full confidence, your defence has to then cope with additional attacking players and which is unfair so don't be quick to blame them.
I hope whoever gets the job does not put the whole team in the box to defend corners, it will be a ray of hope to me if the new managers will place one or two outside the box to challenge for a cleared ball, perhaps then the ball might not be chipped back into the box so much.

For me I would play Dejenepo as a centre forward because he is a great ball player and if they knock him over in or near their box that's ok - JWP will step up to teach the error of their ways.

APEX

At last common sense prevails on 21:20 - Nov 7 with 3475 viewsgrumpy

Not sure common sense prevails...
At last common sense prevails on 21:23 - Nov 7 with 3448 views1885_SFC

I agree with the 'having a player well outside the box for corners' point. It always amazes me that clubs no longer leave a player nearer the halfway line for corners.

Old School is Cool

At last common sense prevails on 19:53 - Nov 12 with 3044 viewsApex

Let me first say that our present strikers are doing their best but simple truth is they lack the real pace that is required `in the Premiership, if they don't worry the other team into making mistakes then their midfield will simply push up and attack in numbers, it's not rocket science.

Five in defence or midfield may look progressive but it's not the way to win more games, 4 4 2 is still the best balanced formation and using two strikers with pace is vital to avoiding relegation.

Did you notice how quickly the Liverpool players closed down our players, I hope the new manager is given the money to buy two new Strikers with real pace or we are going down.,

Apex
At last common sense prevails on 20:08 - Nov 12 with 3007 viewsgrumpy

I don't think Liverpool came out of second gear.
At last common sense prevails on 07:39 - Nov 13 with 2654 viewssaintwizzler

The only time Djenepo should be in our half is at the two kick offs.
Try him up front maybe, but does he understand the offside rule?
Now he’s got a new contract from Ralph he’s got a new hairdo, ink and has employed a full time dance coach to teach him some new jazzy goal celebrations and Tik Tok moves.
Redderz is well jel.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

At last common sense prevails on 23:02 - Nov 14 with 2184 viewsApex

If Djenepo needs help to fathom out the FA's current offside rule he is not alone, if it's a mystery to the players what chance have we got to understand it.

I'm not suggesting the winger Djenepo is as good a central striker as say Harry Kane but there is no denying he is a great ball player with pace and a class act in and around the box, he causes defenders to panic and foul him which is great while we still have JWP.

While the defenders worry about him it leaves great openings for other players to score, but if the new Manager does not see the real quality of the player and use him the right way it's a safe bet some else will, and the player will go in the January sales.

APEX
At last common sense prevails on 06:50 - Nov 15 with 2089 viewssaintwizzler

At last common sense prevails on 23:02 - Nov 14 by Apex

If Djenepo needs help to fathom out the FA's current offside rule he is not alone, if it's a mystery to the players what chance have we got to understand it.

I'm not suggesting the winger Djenepo is as good a central striker as say Harry Kane but there is no denying he is a great ball player with pace and a class act in and around the box, he causes defenders to panic and foul him which is great while we still have JWP.

While the defenders worry about him it leaves great openings for other players to score, but if the new Manager does not see the real quality of the player and use him the right way it's a safe bet some else will, and the player will go in the January sales.

APEX

Has the offside rule changed?

Djenepo sure has some tekkers.

At last common sense prevails on 08:26 - Nov 15 with 2049 viewsdwayne_dibley

At last common sense prevails on 06:50 - Nov 15 by saintwizzler

Has the offside rule changed?

Djenepo sure has some tekkers.

it is whatever the VAR official gets bribed for

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Login to get fewer ads

At last common sense prevails on 08:58 - Nov 15 with 2023 viewsButty101

At last common sense prevails on 23:02 - Nov 14 by Apex

APEX

Indeed he is a great player, born out by his stats of 3 goals in 70 games.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

At last common sense prevails on 09:12 - Nov 15 with 2009 viewssaintwizzler

At last common sense prevails on 08:58 - Nov 15 by Butty101

Indeed he is a great player, born out by his stats of 3 goals in 70 games.

Ah!
That’s why he got a contract extension then!

At last common sense prevails on 20:30 - Nov 15 with 1794 viewsApex

Wingers are used to provide crosses for central strikers waiting in the box so perhaps it's
no brainer why they don't score too many goals themselves. A smart manager will play a great winger with lightening pace up front in central position - as Liverpool did when we sold them Sadio, Ralph played Djenepo at left back, the mind boggles.

Apex
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024