Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… 12:46 - Apr 25 with 758 viewsSFC_Referee

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/04/19/la-liga-want-spanish-referees-to-take

What a joke! And somehow these clowns of clubs wonder as to why there’s such a lack of referees, and the quality isn’t always the standard they expect when they’re now wanting to pay refs even less and criticise them for things they get right! Which of course is just going to make refereeing standards even worse as even fewer will want to do it now.

As I sure am happy I’m not Spanish, but if this starts happening in other countries as well then I think their will be more than just a ref strike for a few local leagues…

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 14:35 - Apr 25 with 679 viewssaint901

Agreed.

PL clubs should pay for full time professional refs and assistant refs at every level of the game above semi pro.
And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 15:04 - Apr 25 with 665 viewsSFC_Referee

And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 14:35 - Apr 25 by saint901

Agreed.

PL clubs should pay for full time professional refs and assistant refs at every level of the game above semi pro.

Well I’ve always said that if they really do want top quality officials and all that, then why not have proper academies for them to attend? As at Staplewood they start as young as like 8, and keep at it even when they’re above 18, yet for refs there’s no where near that level of attention.
As all the FA have in place is a small academy system for refs (who already have to be at national league level, which most don’t hit until they’re at least mid 20’s) which is more just extra meetings/training, but not FullTime like the players get. Or the FA core which is simply when young refs are given a coach that goes and what he’s them ref like 3/4 times a season, and gives them a few tips.

Point being is that they’re no where near the levels of attention or training in place for officials as there is for players, yet somehow many expect them to be pitch perfect and always right. But without any academies or decent wages (and that’s taking out all the abuse at grassroots level) it’s only gonna get worse and worse as time goes on

And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 15:21 - Apr 25 with 657 viewsMessysaints

300k a year to ref foootball. no wonder Spain want to bring it down a bit to the level of the EPL...
And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 618 viewsSFC_Referee

And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 15:21 - Apr 25 by Messysaints

300k a year to ref foootball. no wonder Spain want to bring it down a bit to the level of the EPL...

But for how much the players get who cheat all the time, do you not think that’s why it’s soo high?

And people wonder why there’s a lack of refs… on 16:50 - Apr 25 with 604 viewsmushinexile

180 thousand Euros a year. I'm a skilled and experienced engineer. That is six times what I make. £50k is more than plenty to referee football games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024