Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC 11:35 - Jul 25 with 980 viewsSaintNick

With the rumour of the return of Danny Ings, the question is whether it is a good thing to return to a former club, but there are some who have done it.

1. Mick Channon- left in 1977 for Manchester City, returned just over two years later.

2. Alan Ball, Joined in December 1976, left for the first time in in June 1979 when he joined Vancouver Whitecaps then Blackpool as player manager, rejoined Saints in March 1981 and left again in October 82, rejoined as manager January 1994, left for the final time in June 1995 to manage Man City.

3. Graham Baker, became the fastest scorer for Saints on his debut in November 1977, left for Manchester City in July 1982 to finance the purchase of Peter Shilton, returned in the summer of 1987, left for the final time in 1990

Thats my top 3, I'm sure there are more, strangely all three left the club at some stage for Manchester City

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 12:21 - Jul 25 with 940 viewsWints76

George Lawrence
Theo Walcott
Craig Maskell

All with varying degrees of success/adequacy
Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 12:33 - Jul 25 with 928 viewsButty101

Jon Gittens
Graham Baker
Theo Walcott
Not sure about a top 3 mind

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 12:39 - Jul 25 with 923 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Kevin Davies
2. Kevin Phillips
3. Dennis Wise

Mmmm, not entirely successful……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 12:42 - Jul 25 with 917 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 12:39 - Jul 25 by PatfromPoole

1. Kevin Davies
2. Kevin Phillips
3. Dennis Wise

Mmmm, not entirely successful……

Not to be too pedantic, Wise and Phillips never played at first team level or got professional contracts

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 13:25 - Jul 25 with 876 viewsPatfromPoole

Where is the Ings rumour coming from?

I’d like him back actually.

His legs have gone for the Prem, but I think he could be a key player in the Championship.

Thought he was supposed to be going to Leicester…..

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 858 viewsericofarabia

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 13:25 - Jul 25 by PatfromPoole

Where is the Ings rumour coming from?

I’d like him back actually.

His legs have gone for the Prem, but I think he could be a key player in the Championship.

Thought he was supposed to be going to Leicester…..

Could play a cameo role this season a la Billy Sharp at Sheffield Utd.
Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 14:02 - Jul 25 with 841 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 13:56 - Jul 25 by ericofarabia

Could play a cameo role this season a la Billy Sharp at Sheffield Utd.

Maybe.

I think Ings has a bit more about him though.

Sharp hardly scored a goal last season.

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 827 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 14:02 - Jul 25 by PatfromPoole

Maybe.

I think Ings has a bit more about him though.

Sharp hardly scored a goal last season.

Billy is 37 now , so doing well to still be playing , he was released by Sheffield United at the end of last season, could still do a job in the lower leagues, but not sure at Championship level anymore

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 16:34 - Jul 25 with 773 viewsMonksway

Ings' wages will surely be too much. I think he'll see out his contract in the medical suite at West Ham.
Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 21:09 - Jul 25 with 643 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Returning Players To Southampton FC on 16:34 - Jul 25 by Monksway

Ings' wages will surely be too much. I think he'll see out his contract in the medical suite at West Ham.

Best West Ham can hope is a loan deal that covers his wages , at £120k a week even that is going to cost the club who borrows him about £6 million for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024