Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures 12:50 - Aug 9 with 1300 viewsSFC_Referee

So far this window it’s been pretty quiet, but today certainly seems like it’s the new day where everything’s gonna be sparking up with loads of rumours emerging for many…

Sales:
Prowse (£30m)
Livermento (£35m)
Orsic (£2.5m)
Salisu (£17m)
CC (£6m)
Diallo (£5m)
Walcott (free)
Elynousie (free
Caballero (free)

Rumoured sales:
Lavia (£50m)
Smallbone (£12m)
Adams (£15m)
McCarthy (£6m)
Sulemana (£25m)

So that’s something like £203m we may have gotten in by the end of the market, yet have only spent something like £12m or 3 signings. And that’s only excluding players that are almost certain to go like KWP and ABK, who would probably send that total to something like £250m, with all the rumours now emerging around a fair few others, so I sure do hope they stay as rumours as saints actually need to start bringing in a fair few replacements now.
Because outside of defence, I do worry around how our squads starting to look now, and we’ll need more than just the few players we’ve been linked with to really be challenging for promotion with everyone who looks to be leaving.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 16:16]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 12:56 - Aug 9 with 1259 viewsPatfromPoole

You’re not worried about defence???

I would be.

All quiet on Bella-Kotchap, I note.

We may yet be rather reliant on him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 13:11 - Aug 9 with 1227 viewsSFC_Referee

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 12:56 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

You’re not worried about defence???

I would be.

All quiet on Bella-Kotchap, I note.

We may yet be rather reliant on him.

Tbf I do think Bednerak and Stephens will do well in the championship, and fullbacks we sure do have cover for if we keep KWP/sign Max Aarons. As it may not have the best players on the bench, but it still has a decent regular lot, but when you come pare that to all the other positions I’m now starting to worry that we won’t even have decent starting players for some of the other positions were loosing players in

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 13:20 - Aug 9 with 1211 viewsdirk_doone

Very little of the money will be invested in the team. It will be spent on teenagers surplus to requirement at the big clubs' academies, in the hope they can be sold later for a big profit. That seems to be Sports Republic's modus operandi. Any adults brought in will be free transfers or for minimal fees, like Lumley.

£6 mill would be money well spent - maybe the best bit of business this transfer window - if we can use it to persuade a club to take McCarthy away.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 13:31]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 16:18 - Aug 9 with 1068 viewsSFC_Referee

Just had to add Sulemana to the list now with everything that’s coming out about him!
As like I get the media will always exaggerate and make these rumours up outta nothing, but tbf most of the rumours they’ve talked about so far have been happening, and am now genuinely worried that we’re gonna have no one left by September at this rate!

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 16:30 - Aug 9 with 1036 viewsDorsetIan

The team has been poor for a long time and needed shaking up and a serious rebuilding job.

The issue for me is do we have the right people in place to do that rebuild? Make the right decisions?

Whatever £ we spend has to have a positive impact. With one or two exceptions most of our recent signings have been either bang average is downright poor.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 16:41 - Aug 9 with 1019 viewsPatfromPoole

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 16:18 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Just had to add Sulemana to the list now with everything that’s coming out about him!
As like I get the media will always exaggerate and make these rumours up outta nothing, but tbf most of the rumours they’ve talked about so far have been happening, and am now genuinely worried that we’re gonna have no one left by September at this rate!

There will be incomings, I’m sure.

The squad was top-heavy with players on too much money.

A clearout needed to happen.

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:01 - Aug 9 with 978 viewsButty101

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 16:41 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

Crystal Palace have been linked with Mccarthy so its not all bad news

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 977 viewsSFC_Referee

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 16:41 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

Yeah I completely agree that, it’s just I feel like we’re currently clearing out the players that we should be trying to keep, yet keeping hold of the ones that should be buggering off!
As so far this window you’ve had Elynoussie, Salisu, Diallo and Orsic gone who I think everyone were happy left, but outside of McCarthy I don’t think many other players are being linked with moves who we don’t want.
Yet for players who we do wanna keep, Livermento, Prowse, almost certainly Lavia, and probably KWP and ABK will/have all now been sold, and yet most of them are the sorts that we did wanna try and keep hold of. And that’s leaving out many of the others that are being linked with moves away who we should be keeping hold of like Smallbone, Sulemana, Adams etc…

And yeah there will be incomings, it’s just who those are which worries me, as unless it’s that Swansea winger, Sunderland striker, the likes of Max Aarrons etc… then I do start to have a bit less confidence around this coming season.

Login to get fewer ads

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:07 - Aug 9 with 957 views1885_SFC

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:01 - Aug 9 by Butty101

Crystal Palace have been linked with Mccarthy so its not all bad news

I'm driving him there right now. Trying to find the ground. Bloody London in rush hour...

Old School is Cool

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:11 - Aug 9 with 950 viewsPatfromPoole

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:02 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Yeah I completely agree that, it’s just I feel like we’re currently clearing out the players that we should be trying to keep, yet keeping hold of the ones that should be buggering off!
As so far this window you’ve had Elynoussie, Salisu, Diallo and Orsic gone who I think everyone were happy left, but outside of McCarthy I don’t think many other players are being linked with moves who we don’t want.
Yet for players who we do wanna keep, Livermento, Prowse, almost certainly Lavia, and probably KWP and ABK will/have all now been sold, and yet most of them are the sorts that we did wanna try and keep hold of. And that’s leaving out many of the others that are being linked with moves away who we should be keeping hold of like Smallbone, Sulemana, Adams etc…

And yeah there will be incomings, it’s just who those are which worries me, as unless it’s that Swansea winger, Sunderland striker, the likes of Max Aarrons etc… then I do start to have a bit less confidence around this coming season.

The Sunderland striker (I presume you are referring to Ross Stewart) has had a fairly long-term injury which he appears not to have recovered from.

A risk, I would suggest.

There seems to be talk of Aarons going to Leeds.

It is always going to be a struggle to sell players who are shite. Why on earth would anybody sign Djenepo or Mara based on their performances for us? Very poor signings from Hassenhutl’s time. As with Onuachu who Nathan Bloody Jones wanted.

Best we can hope for is to loan these crap players out and partly-subsidise their wages.

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:33 - Aug 9 with 921 viewsButty101

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:11 - Aug 9 by PatfromPoole

The Sunderland striker (I presume you are referring to Ross Stewart) has had a fairly long-term injury which he appears not to have recovered from.

A risk, I would suggest.

There seems to be talk of Aarons going to Leeds.

It is always going to be a struggle to sell players who are shite. Why on earth would anybody sign Djenepo or Mara based on their performances for us? Very poor signings from Hassenhutl’s time. As with Onuachu who Nathan Bloody Jones wanted.

Best we can hope for is to loan these crap players out and partly-subsidise their wages.

saints spent 3 or 4 years stuck with utter crap that no one else would buy, being sent out on loans. We finally get a fresh slate last summer, go mental and are now back to square one.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:40 - Aug 9 with 910 viewsPatfromPoole

The window sure is lighting up now for us, unfortunately just in the departures on 17:02 - Aug 9 by SFC_Referee

Aarons is going to Boscombe.

They have gazumped Leeds, which I’m sure they enjoyed doing…..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024