Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things From Saturday 17:04 - Oct 2 with 1491 viewsSaintNick

1. The support was very good, although there were some down periods.

2. I thought it was a nice touch that the Northam End sung Gavin Bazunu's name and showed that they are behind our players

3. 2nd biggest crowd of the season, hopefully the Rotherham game will be up in the 28k plus region

4. Leeds fans were quite subdued I thought

5. The team showed that they can adapt to the opposition, we are getting there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things From Saturday on 18:31 - Oct 2 with 1373 viewsNumber_58

Really disappointing to see so many of our own fans streaming out before the end. It's annoying enough when we're losing, but just for once we were actually winning, and it wasn't as though they were likely to miss their last bus home when the game kicked off two and a half hours earlier than usual. Odd behaviour.
Even stranger, however, in our stand were the father and son who were wearing Arsenal shirts. Were they intending to go to Dean Court but got off the train too early?
5 Things From Saturday on 19:11 - Oct 2 with 1347 viewsButty101

5 Things From Saturday on 18:31 - Oct 2 by Number_58

Really disappointing to see so many of our own fans streaming out before the end. It's annoying enough when we're losing, but just for once we were actually winning, and it wasn't as though they were likely to miss their last bus home when the game kicked off two and a half hours earlier than usual. Odd behaviour.
Even stranger, however, in our stand were the father and son who were wearing Arsenal shirts. Were they intending to go to Dean Court but got off the train too early?

Watched it on Sky and maybe it’s St Mary’s but it sounded very quiet , bar the odd bit when we scored

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

5 Things From Saturday on 20:10 - Oct 2 with 1289 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things From Saturday on 19:11 - Oct 2 by Butty101

Watched it on Sky and maybe it’s St Mary’s but it sounded very quiet , bar the odd bit when we scored

Don Goodman referred to our fans as “silent” at one point….

Lunchtime kick-offs rarely help TBF.

Leeds fans appear to have made more noise in the concourse than during the game. Odd bunch.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things From Saturday on 21:48 - Oct 2 with 1199 viewsTimSaint

5 Things From Saturday on 18:31 - Oct 2 by Number_58

If the 2 you were referring to were in the family stand, they were actually a father and 2 sons.
I overheard a guy say to them that they were in the wrong stadium and the guy replied that his youngest was a (shirt wearing) Saints fan despite him and his eldest supporting Arsenal.
Strange decision to wear Arsenal shirts all the same, more so than the occasional Barca, Real and Italian shirts you sometimes see at our games.

TimSaint

5 Things From Saturday on 09:21 - Oct 3 with 927 viewsNumber_58

5 Things From Saturday on 21:48 - Oct 2 by TimSaint

If the 2 you were referring to were in the family stand, they were actually a father and 2 sons.
I overheard a guy say to them that they were in the wrong stadium and the guy replied that his youngest was a (shirt wearing) Saints fan despite him and his eldest supporting Arsenal.
Strange decision to wear Arsenal shirts all the same, more so than the occasional Barca, Real and Italian shirts you sometimes see at our games.

Yes I think that was the family. I was also struck by how many people rocked up way after the kick-off, spent 5 minutes trying to find their seats (completely oblivious to what was going on on the pitch behind them), went out early at half time and then left well before the end.
5 Things From Saturday on 10:01 - Oct 3 with 897 viewssaint901

5. The team showed that they can adapt to the opposition, we are getting there

I was unable to make the game so can't comment on the other points.

The above though raises an issue with me.

We are meant to be closer to a PL outfit than perhaps 20 of the teams in this league. We were playing at home. Leeds have had an average start to the season and have lost many of their PL players - arguably more than we have in terms of quality.

Why do we need to "adapt to the opposition?"

Surely they should be adapting to us?

I suspect that they expected us to come out with the possession/passing game and were surprised that a more direct approach was adopted. By the time they worked this out and their manager made changes at half time, the game was lost.
5 Things From Saturday on 11:27 - Oct 3 with 853 viewsChesham_Saint

5 Things From Saturday on 19:11 - Oct 2 by Butty101

Did you hear the Leeds fans singing "If you're watching on the telly, you're a cvnt"? You should have a word with them next time for being so offensive Butts..!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

5 Things From Saturday on 17:15 - Oct 3 with 720 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Did the Leeds fans sing something that the Northam retorted with the 'Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own'... which seemed to shut them up fairly sharpish.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things From Saturday on 18:04 - Oct 3 with 673 viewsWints76

5 Things From Saturday on 17:15 - Oct 3 by SouthSeaSaint

Did the Leeds fans sing something that the Northam retorted with the 'Jimmy Savile, he's one of your own'... which seemed to shut them up fairly sharpish.

It was sung at them, but they sing it themselves. They also sing the same about Peter Sutcliffe
5 Things From Saturday on 18:06 - Oct 3 with 672 viewsButty101

5 Things From Saturday on 11:27 - Oct 3 by Chesham_Saint

Did you hear the Leeds fans singing "If you're watching on the telly, you're a cvnt"? You should have a word with them next time for being so offensive Butts..!

Didnt hear that, Sky must have messed the audio up as you could of heard a pin drop

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024