Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corners 11:57 - Oct 22 with 907 viewsPatfromPoole

This isn’t meant as another dig at Manning, as he isn’t our only corner-taker.

However I am struggling to see the fruits of the input of our new set-piece coach.

Surely we have to vary it up a bit?

Harwood-Bellis apart, we don’t have a huge amount of height in the side.

Much though I am a sceptic of the tippy-tappy approach, I barely get bothered about us getting a corner, as it inevitably ends in very little threat to the oppo.

If anything, it’s more of a threat that we will concede a goal from our own corners……

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Corners on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 732 viewsericofarabia

Also having Manning take the corners from the right hand side means he is completely on the opposite side of the pitch from where he should be when the opposition invariably win the ball and break out quickly. Funnily enough his best corner was just in front of us, he slipped in his run up, miskicked it and it was a peach of a corner 😂
At the other end why oh why do we persist with having everybody back in the box marking each other and not knowing who should be doing what. Please please please leave somebody up on the centre spot like Sulemena who isn't going to win a header, to give keeper or defender option of hoofing out long into space and let his pace do the rest. Also ties up at least 2 of their defenders or midfielders who have to hang back much deeper.
I know virtually everybody else also does it but it is just plain stupid on my mind. Rant over 😉
Corners on 20:40 - Oct 22 with 584 viewsPatfromPoole

Corners on 16:02 - Oct 22 by ericofarabia

Also having Manning take the corners from the right hand side means he is completely on the opposite side of the pitch from where he should be when the opposition invariably win the ball and break out quickly. Funnily enough his best corner was just in front of us, he slipped in his run up, miskicked it and it was a peach of a corner 😂
At the other end why oh why do we persist with having everybody back in the box marking each other and not knowing who should be doing what. Please please please leave somebody up on the centre spot like Sulemena who isn't going to win a header, to give keeper or defender option of hoofing out long into space and let his pace do the rest. Also ties up at least 2 of their defenders or midfielders who have to hang back much deeper.
I know virtually everybody else also does it but it is just plain stupid on my mind. Rant over 😉

Totally agree.

Leave Sulemana on the halfway line on oppo corners.

Takes out at least two defenders.

Corners on 20:50 - Oct 22 with 573 viewsPatfromPoole

I would actually leave 3 attackers on the halfway line for oppo corners.

Psychologically it would be a total headfcuk for the oppo.

Leave Sulemana, Alcaraz and Adam Armstrong all on the halfway line.

Oppo wouldn’t know what to do.

Corners on 21:07 - Oct 22 with 564 viewsSaintNick

Corners on 16:02 - Oct 22 by ericofarabia

Left backs taking corners from the right side and vice versa has been the norm for years, it isn't a new thing.

I agree about leaving someone up, but no one seems to do that these days and in truth for about the last 20 years,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Corners on 21:33 - Oct 22 with 543 viewsBerber

It has been like this for several seasons. I began to think that JWP was no good at corners, but his results at WH belie that.
Corners on 21:42 - Oct 22 with 540 viewsSaintNick

Corners on 21:33 - Oct 22 by Berber

It has been like this for several seasons. I began to think that JWP was no good at corners, but his results at WH belie that.

In the last year or two JWP had no one to aim at for corners , we had no one with towering height

Corners on 21:59 - Oct 22 with 522 viewsPatfromPoole

Corners on 21:07 - Oct 22 by SaintNick

Left backs taking corners from the right side and vice versa has been the norm for years, it isn't a new thing.

I agree about leaving someone up, but no one seems to do that these days and in truth for about the last 20 years,

When was the last time we had a left-back taking a corner before Manning?

Bertrand??!!??

Corners on 22:17 - Oct 22 with 514 viewsSaintNick

Corners on 21:59 - Oct 22 by PatfromPoole

When was the last time we had a left-back taking a corner before Manning?

Bertrand??!!??

I wasnt just referring to Saints as in recent years we have had JWP doing every corner, but most clubs te and vice versand to use a left footed player to take an inswinging corner etc.

Login to get fewer ads

Corners on 10:08 - Oct 23 with 423 viewsBerber

Corners on 21:42 - Oct 22 by SaintNick

In the last year or two JWP had no one to aim at for corners , we had no one with towering height

Generally true, but we weren’t much better with Vestegaard and Bednarek in the mix.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024