Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. 16:03 - Mar 20 with 7016 viewssimmo

http://t.co/eWLycTiZFx

I am warning you 'Arry you wheeler dealer cnt. You can mess with my club, sign has-beens, field shite players and poor benches to prove your own points. You can be a parody of a man, attract neutral fans to dislike us and spend your time being the self serving blameless old bstard you've become.

But don't you dare fck with the darling of Loftus Road - Ale Faurlin. I hope the board give him a new contract and he comes back, preferably into a team you no longer manage, and shows everybody what somebody that 'gets' QPR is all about.

Prick.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:43 - Mar 20 with 1193 viewsOnlyHereForTheNiko

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:28 - Mar 20 by Northernr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26460244

It's how you start inspiring a bit of loyalty and commitment and desire to play for the club for reasons other than money.

But a broken leg (as suffered by Ben Watson) is usually a straightforward injury. Unless it's a particularly bad break (e.g. David Busst from back in the day), it's rarely career-threatening.

An ACL is not so cut & dried, is it? And, it appears that if you've suffered once, there's a propensity for it to happen again.

Loyalty, commitment & desire to play for the club is all well & good, particularly from a fan's point of view. But if you were a boss & you weren't sure that an ailing member of staff would be able to come back & do their job as well as they had before, wouldn't you exercise a little caution, before offering them a new contract?
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:43 - Mar 20 with 1190 viewsgobbles

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:28 - Mar 20 by Northernr

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26460244

It's how you start inspiring a bit of loyalty and commitment and desire to play for the club for reasons other than money.

Come off it. Faurlin's agent was happy to go to the papers demanding a huge payrise when we got promoted. I know some people love him more than the club, but loyalty is a two-way thing. He's well paid and it's not like we are refusing to pay him statutory sick pay.
How do other players feel when Fernandes is tweeting saying Faurlin is his favourite player? Hardly a way to build team unity when some get preferential treatment. It's not like it was Faurlin who made the team tick this year when he played.
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:44 - Mar 20 with 1178 viewsconnell10

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:21 - Mar 20 by daveB

blimey at worst he is a despicable person, talk about an over reaction. All for suggesting a player may struggle to come back from two ACL injuries but he did think he would manage it. Hull fans were right we're a bunch of drama queens at times.

Redknapp may well be media savvy but he's also the kind of bloke who will usually answer any question given to him and we're not always going to like the answers. If he made the same quotes about Bobby Zamora people wouldn't say a word on it.

Apologies for becoming a parody of myself but my views on the man haven't really changed.

Maybe I'm speculating on what Fernandes has asked him to do but it's a pretty educated guess. When Warnock was manager Fernandes got him to sign high profile players, when Hughes was manager he got him to sign high profile players so it's not exactly a stretch to think he's asking the same of Redknapp who has signed, wait for it, high profile players. Those shirts don't sell themselves in asia.

All this talk about young players and academies is just playing to the crowd, none of it is a reality. If Fernandes wanted Redknapp or any of the previous managers to do that it would have been done and that will become even more apparent when the next manager comes in.

We're in a never ending circle at QPR going from manager to manager wanting something different within six months, when we had a young manager we wanted more experience, when we have an experienced one we want a younger one, when we had a foreign one we wanted an English one, when we have a coach we want a manager and on and on it goes. Occasionally we'll stumble on the right manager and get a decent side but we'll soon be back on the merry go round again not knowing what we want or how to get it.

Things haven't worked out this season so instead of the experienced manager we now want a young one again. If Eddie Howe or someone like that came in I give it 6 months before we are back wanting an experienced bloke again or whatever is fashionable.

For me Redknapp can't win with some people. He talks to the press then he is all about being in the media spotlight and should shut up, he doesn't speak and he is not interested and aloof. He puts kids on the bench like he did against Leeds and no one says a word, he doesn't and he's a moron. He plays kids in the team one week and we slaughter them because they are not the kids we want in the team. We're barking mad.

This isn't all to say I think Redknapp is perfect, he's nowhere near and I don't think he's the right man for the job that needs doing here but the stick he's got today over these comments is utterly ridiculous.

dave i like your posts on the whole but are you saying that it is us the fans who are to blame for the mess that is queens park rangers? if you are i find that really crass!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 21:06 - Mar 20 with 1131 viewsdaveB

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:44 - Mar 20 by connell10

dave i like your posts on the whole but are you saying that it is us the fans who are to blame for the mess that is queens park rangers? if you are i find that really crass!

not blaming the fans for problems at the club at all, not sure where you go that from.

I just think we're all a bunch of drama queens at times over reacting to the smallest details and never really knowing what we want. Ultimately it doesn't matter a toss what we say on here as the owners and manager will do what they want but it just never ceases to amaze me that whatever they do the majority tend to want the opposite
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 21:11 - Mar 20 with 1122 viewskensalriser

The ad hominem attacks on Redknapp are getting absurd, not to mention highly tiresome. I'm certainly no fan of the football this season, but making the manager the devil incarnate is just silly.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 21:33 - Mar 20 with 1085 viewsHollowayRanger

yep lot of people with agendas

and woe is you if you dont agree with them

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 21:39 - Mar 20 with 1076 viewssix_foot_two

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 21:33 - Mar 20 by HollowayRanger

yep lot of people with agendas

and woe is you if you dont agree with them

Your certainly right there Holloway
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 21:46 - Mar 20 with 1064 viewsPunteR

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 18:23 - Mar 20 by Hunterhoop

You've got to be careful, Dave; you will become a parody of yourself if you're not.

Every single thread about Redknapp and you take one of the following approaches (if not two!):

1) He was only instructed to do a job which it's too early to tell if he'll succeed
- this is only true if you are privy to his and TF's comms and instructions. You aren't. You're speculating like everyone else what he has been "instructed" to do. It may have been more than simply get promoted. We know we were meant to be signing "young, hungry" players as TF went public with that in the summer!

2) He's been taken out of context
- you've used this defence countless times. And yet, we're talking about a VERY media savy manager renowned in the game for how he manipulates the press for his (personal) advantage. I accept he may have been misquoted now and again, or given comments that can be spun two ways on occassions, but as often as has happened (Bridge, signings we've made, signings we haven't, Adel, Faurlin....)?? C'mon, it's happening a lot and he's bloody experienced at this.

3) When he doesn't front up the press after a poor performance saying we can't moan about not talking to the press if we moan when he does (see above)
- err, ever heard of "mutual exclusivity". They are totally unrelated points. One is around being accountable and taking responsibility when we fail. The other is about not saying things negative and/or manipulative things to the press about our own players, chairman, the way we're run, the way it's not his fault, how he can't sign certain players, etc, etc. That has nothing to do with failing to come out and face the media after a poor showing. He could perfectly well do one without the other. At the minute he's doing the wrong one without the right one!

Depending on the thread the same stance gets taken by you. It's like you are trying to defend him whatever the situation for some reason.

I get it, we ALL get it, that you feel he is overly criticised and there's too much moaning at him. That's fine. That's reasonable. You may see some of his failings as less important than other people do, you may even not agree with some people that certain failings actually exist. Again, fine. No problem with that. But you need to row back from this constant, obtuse defence (in line with one of those 3 outlined above) as it just begins to make you look, well, a little obtuse and a bit silly.

In this instance, I doubt he meant harm and if there were two different reports and one twisted the story, I can see why Ale et al waded in.

NEVERTHELESS, the bloke is the manager, he is VERY experienced at this, and he should never had made comments which IN ANY WAY doubted Faurlin's ability to recover, which he clearly did by talking about a player who hasn't. We all know, especially Ale himself, that some players don't ever recover, BUT WHAT THE F*CK DOES THE MANAGER GAIN BY EVEN REMOTELY SUGGESTING IT'S A POSSIBILITY TO THE MEDIA??

At best, he was stupid. At worst he is a despicable person.

This forum is a lot better while DaveB posts. I dont always agree with him,but its good to read another side to a debate/discussion.
QPR need to stand by Ali Faulin,but i wouldnt expect Rednapp too.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 22:29 - Mar 20 with 1011 viewsbosh67

Reading what HR said he certainly isn't writing Ale off. Think people have jumped on this. The reality is that Ale will hopefully come back and at that stage he himself will know how well his knees will hold up. If he comes back and is okay I think he will get another contract because he is a very good player. It's actually up to Ale whether or not he can come back. If he looks good back in training he'll probably stay and get a year's contract until he can be sure he can last the distance.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 22:52 - Mar 20 with 983 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 18:23 - Mar 20 by Hunterhoop

You've got to be careful, Dave; you will become a parody of yourself if you're not.

Every single thread about Redknapp and you take one of the following approaches (if not two!):

1) He was only instructed to do a job which it's too early to tell if he'll succeed
- this is only true if you are privy to his and TF's comms and instructions. You aren't. You're speculating like everyone else what he has been "instructed" to do. It may have been more than simply get promoted. We know we were meant to be signing "young, hungry" players as TF went public with that in the summer!

2) He's been taken out of context
- you've used this defence countless times. And yet, we're talking about a VERY media savy manager renowned in the game for how he manipulates the press for his (personal) advantage. I accept he may have been misquoted now and again, or given comments that can be spun two ways on occassions, but as often as has happened (Bridge, signings we've made, signings we haven't, Adel, Faurlin....)?? C'mon, it's happening a lot and he's bloody experienced at this.

3) When he doesn't front up the press after a poor performance saying we can't moan about not talking to the press if we moan when he does (see above)
- err, ever heard of "mutual exclusivity". They are totally unrelated points. One is around being accountable and taking responsibility when we fail. The other is about not saying things negative and/or manipulative things to the press about our own players, chairman, the way we're run, the way it's not his fault, how he can't sign certain players, etc, etc. That has nothing to do with failing to come out and face the media after a poor showing. He could perfectly well do one without the other. At the minute he's doing the wrong one without the right one!

Depending on the thread the same stance gets taken by you. It's like you are trying to defend him whatever the situation for some reason.

I get it, we ALL get it, that you feel he is overly criticised and there's too much moaning at him. That's fine. That's reasonable. You may see some of his failings as less important than other people do, you may even not agree with some people that certain failings actually exist. Again, fine. No problem with that. But you need to row back from this constant, obtuse defence (in line with one of those 3 outlined above) as it just begins to make you look, well, a little obtuse and a bit silly.

In this instance, I doubt he meant harm and if there were two different reports and one twisted the story, I can see why Ale et al waded in.

NEVERTHELESS, the bloke is the manager, he is VERY experienced at this, and he should never had made comments which IN ANY WAY doubted Faurlin's ability to recover, which he clearly did by talking about a player who hasn't. We all know, especially Ale himself, that some players don't ever recover, BUT WHAT THE F*CK DOES THE MANAGER GAIN BY EVEN REMOTELY SUGGESTING IT'S A POSSIBILITY TO THE MEDIA??

At best, he was stupid. At worst he is a despicable person.

Spot on.

Bare bones.

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:00 - Mar 20 with 976 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:21 - Mar 20 by daveB

blimey at worst he is a despicable person, talk about an over reaction. All for suggesting a player may struggle to come back from two ACL injuries but he did think he would manage it. Hull fans were right we're a bunch of drama queens at times.

Redknapp may well be media savvy but he's also the kind of bloke who will usually answer any question given to him and we're not always going to like the answers. If he made the same quotes about Bobby Zamora people wouldn't say a word on it.

Apologies for becoming a parody of myself but my views on the man haven't really changed.

Maybe I'm speculating on what Fernandes has asked him to do but it's a pretty educated guess. When Warnock was manager Fernandes got him to sign high profile players, when Hughes was manager he got him to sign high profile players so it's not exactly a stretch to think he's asking the same of Redknapp who has signed, wait for it, high profile players. Those shirts don't sell themselves in asia.

All this talk about young players and academies is just playing to the crowd, none of it is a reality. If Fernandes wanted Redknapp or any of the previous managers to do that it would have been done and that will become even more apparent when the next manager comes in.

We're in a never ending circle at QPR going from manager to manager wanting something different within six months, when we had a young manager we wanted more experience, when we have an experienced one we want a younger one, when we had a foreign one we wanted an English one, when we have a coach we want a manager and on and on it goes. Occasionally we'll stumble on the right manager and get a decent side but we'll soon be back on the merry go round again not knowing what we want or how to get it.

Things haven't worked out this season so instead of the experienced manager we now want a young one again. If Eddie Howe or someone like that came in I give it 6 months before we are back wanting an experienced bloke again or whatever is fashionable.

For me Redknapp can't win with some people. He talks to the press then he is all about being in the media spotlight and should shut up, he doesn't speak and he is not interested and aloof. He puts kids on the bench like he did against Leeds and no one says a word, he doesn't and he's a moron. He plays kids in the team one week and we slaughter them because they are not the kids we want in the team. We're barking mad.

This isn't all to say I think Redknapp is perfect, he's nowhere near and I don't think he's the right man for the job that needs doing here but the stick he's got today over these comments is utterly ridiculous.

Sadly dave, i should add in point 4 to Hunter's excellent post:

4. Lumping in all opinions together claiming that everyone is saying the same thing and constantly contradicting themselves. What you're doing is taking views held by some and views held by others and then putting them together to say everyone's saying one thing. But they're not, Dave. They're not. Loads of us never wanted Redknapp. Loads of us were aware of his flaws. Loads of us would have preferred a younger, more progressive manager. This isn't flip-flopping.

If you can't see the difference between Harry failing to face the media after a defeat, but talking happily during the week about Spurs and any other crap that gets thrown at him, then I worry for you mate. What he's said about Faurlin is at best ill-advised. At best. And to have a go at a journo for stitching him up or twisting his words - laughable. The man has had a free ride from the press for years and years.

I think the telling thing is how immediately upset Faurlin and his family were. If they trusted Redknapp, they would have probably realised what he said is not that bad - a bit silly. But they clearly don't. Like many people who know him, they know not to turn their back, because they might find a knife in the back of it.

Bare bones.

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:02 - Mar 20 with 969 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 20:43 - Mar 20 by OnlyHereForTheNiko

But a broken leg (as suffered by Ben Watson) is usually a straightforward injury. Unless it's a particularly bad break (e.g. David Busst from back in the day), it's rarely career-threatening.

An ACL is not so cut & dried, is it? And, it appears that if you've suffered once, there's a propensity for it to happen again.

Loyalty, commitment & desire to play for the club is all well & good, particularly from a fan's point of view. But if you were a boss & you weren't sure that an ailing member of staff would be able to come back & do their job as well as they had before, wouldn't you exercise a little caution, before offering them a new contract?

Well, if that person had not once but twice been badly injured while working for my company I think i'd try and look after him and at least give him another year to try and prove he can still do the job, yes. Seems the decent thing to do.
Christ.

Bare bones.

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:43 - Mar 20 with 929 viewsHollowayRanger

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:02 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

Well, if that person had not once but twice been badly injured while working for my company I think i'd try and look after him and at least give him another year to try and prove he can still do the job, yes. Seems the decent thing to do.
Christ.

problem is those injuries could well effect how well he does that job

he should be supported and giving a monthy rolling contract but it would be yet more bad management to offer a full years contact on full pay at this stage ,not faulins fault but club just HAS TO STOP throwing money about

one things for sure

QPR is a better place and team with a fully fit faurlin lets hope it can be again

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 00:14 - Mar 21 with 915 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:00 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

4. Lumping in all opinions together claiming that everyone is saying the same thing and constantly contradicting themselves. What you're doing is taking views held by some and views held by others and then putting them together to say everyone's saying one thing. But they're not, Dave. They're not. Loads of us never wanted Redknapp. Loads of us were aware of his flaws. Loads of us would have preferred a younger, more progressive manager. This isn't flip-flopping.

If you can't see the difference between Harry failing to face the media after a defeat, but talking happily during the week about Spurs and any other crap that gets thrown at him, then I worry for you mate. What he's said about Faurlin is at best ill-advised. At best. And to have a go at a journo for stitching him up or twisting his words - laughable. The man has had a free ride from the press for years and years.

I think the telling thing is how immediately upset Faurlin and his family were. If they trusted Redknapp, they would have probably realised what he said is not that bad - a bit silly. But they clearly don't. Like many people who know him, they know not to turn their back, because they might find a knife in the back of it.

Ha ha. I love this sort of debate!

Fantastic post, Antti.

And thank for saving me a further ten minutes by making the EXCELLENT point about Ale Faurlin and his mum's reaction. I'm not going to repeat it but a lawyer would struggle to argue (logically and sensibly) against that one! They know him better than you, me and Mr D. Barton. But hey, let's assume they misread the quotes and their personal knowledge of the man was misplaced! They only know him that little bit better...

Dave, I fear for you here. I fear you becoming as stubborn as the man himself.

All your assumptions about TF's instructions to Redknapp seem to be based purely in speculation. It's speculation based in history, I accept. But it's not speculation based in fact. TF publically told the press we were after "young, hungry" players. We began, in the main, following this policy. We have moved away from that. Those statements are true. You know that. I know that. We all know that. There's all the evidence I and others have stated before.

To carry on like you know the inner workings of both TF's mind AND his ongoing comms with Redknapp is silly. It's based on actions and words from BEFORE his ongoing statements about "young, hungry" players. It's "boxing" history if ever I've seen it. Read Christopher Hill's novel on Cromwell; you'd love it.

Anyway, the "despicable person" thing, I stand by it. If you disagree, fine. You're entitled to that opinion. I managed a wider team of 85 people. I'm sure there are lots of people on here who manage wider teams of significantly more. I've been on a number of leadership courses, but accept there's far more for me to learn and execute as a leader. I imagine there's several on here who hide the fact they are genuine business leaders. But I can't believe ANY of these people would publically question, directly or indirectly (as Redknapp has done), the recovery of a key member of their team from illness or injury. It is either stupid or despicable. I stand by that. Maybe you don't manage people, I don't know. But if you do, I'd be shocked and a little disappointed if you felt his comments were acceptable. What he said my not be "wrong" medically. But Redknapp is not a neutral observer, he's the man's boss who has a significant say in whether he gets another contract or whether his career is potentially over. Can you not see that? Can you not see why, as a manager, his comments (twisted or not) are ill advised?? He should be supporting the bloke to the hilt. It's different with Zamora because he is at the back end of his career, which we all (including the player) know. Faurlin is in his prime. AND he hasn't had the financial career Zamora has had, so it is completely different and in no way comparable. But then, I'm sure you knew that.

You make out like some of us have an agenda. Well, we do. I care about QPR as much as you do. You know that. I used to write for your website when I was a teenager. You know that too. You know I wrote a number of letters to David Davies at the time desperate to improve the club. One of my good friends, a former marketing manager of QPR, you know well. I run ASB, and have done for 3 years. I care about this club immensely. That's it: the club: QPR. Not Harry f*cking Redknapp. I've been posting on this board since around the same time as Clive. I've got no agenda that isn't "the good of the club".

As Antti said, stop taking the cheap and frankly disingenuous approach of lumping all conflicting views to yours in one pot and then picking them apart and comparing so you can see "we" contradict each other. "We" are different people. It's an unfair and actually childish approach.

And, thanks for focussing on the one final comment of my previous post. I await a full rebuttal to the rest of the post. Point by point would be good. Your reply wasn't really a reply. It didn't cover the points I raised, but then you know full well it didn't.

Yours, Hunter. P.s. You know who I am, I've made countless eye contact with you over the last few years, which you've completely blanked, so you're welcome to discuss anything with me in person, anywhere. This isn't me being aggressive, but I am 100% comfortable in my conclusions, logic and articulation of it. I'm perfectly happy explaining why my view is as it is to anyone. And it would be easier swatting aside some of your reasoning in person, to be honest. These posts take time, man!
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 00:39 - Mar 21 with 894 viewsRangersAreBack

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:02 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

Christ.

I very much doubt that.
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 06:02 - Mar 21 with 850 viewsPommyhoop

Sterling posts by Antti and Hunter .
Superb.
. I'm going for the 'despicable person' option. Or a horrible self seving ,vindictive, lazy good for nothing shytehawk.
Prediction time from Pommy.Once we are eventually free of the useless c'nt I give him a month tops before he's on some punditry sofa somewhere abslolutely slating QPR. You watch he will condascendingly mock us all the way from TF down to the Fans. He feels we are beneath him.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 06:55 - Mar 21 with 830 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've posted earlier my thoughts on Redknapp, but I wanted to pick up on the Faurlin contract situation.

I've said before on here that Faurlin should have been handed a new contract by now in my opinion. Rangers will have the medical reports and will hopefully share Faurlin's optimism of a full or near-full recovery. Faurlin is a long-serving player who seems to be wildly popular within the squad. His status would seem to demand a certain amount of respect.

He is also one of our lesser-paid players. I would imagine that a contract with a reduced basic wage and incentives based on appearances would protect Rangers financially, protect an asset who is otherwise free to walk on the 1st July 2014, satisfy Faurlin, impress the squad, help rebuild our ethos of decency and loyalty and appease the supporters for all those reasons.

Financially and ethically, it seems a simple matter in my eyes at least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 08:10 - Mar 21 with 787 viewstommburns

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 00:14 - Mar 21 by Hunterhoop

Fantastic post, Antti.

And thank for saving me a further ten minutes by making the EXCELLENT point about Ale Faurlin and his mum's reaction. I'm not going to repeat it but a lawyer would struggle to argue (logically and sensibly) against that one! They know him better than you, me and Mr D. Barton. But hey, let's assume they misread the quotes and their personal knowledge of the man was misplaced! They only know him that little bit better...

All your assumptions about TF's instructions to Redknapp seem to be based purely in speculation. It's speculation based in history, I accept. But it's not speculation based in fact. TF publically told the press we were after "young, hungry" players. We began, in the main, following this policy. We have moved away from that. Those statements are true. You know that. I know that. We all know that. There's all the evidence I and others have stated before.

To carry on like you know the inner workings of both TF's mind AND his ongoing comms with Redknapp is silly. It's based on actions and words from BEFORE his ongoing statements about "young, hungry" players. It's "boxing" history if ever I've seen it. Read Christopher Hill's novel on Cromwell; you'd love it.

Anyway, the "despicable person" thing, I stand by it. If you disagree, fine. You're entitled to that opinion. I managed a wider team of 85 people. I'm sure there are lots of people on here who manage wider teams of significantly more. I've been on a number of leadership courses, but accept there's far more for me to learn and execute as a leader. I imagine there's several on here who hide the fact they are genuine business leaders. But I can't believe ANY of these people would publically question, directly or indirectly (as Redknapp has done), the recovery of a key member of their team from illness or injury. It is either stupid or despicable. I stand by that. Maybe you don't manage people, I don't know. But if you do, I'd be shocked and a little disappointed if you felt his comments were acceptable. What he said my not be "wrong" medically. But Redknapp is not a neutral observer, he's the man's boss who has a significant say in whether he gets another contract or whether his career is potentially over. Can you not see that? Can you not see why, as a manager, his comments (twisted or not) are ill advised?? He should be supporting the bloke to the hilt. It's different with Zamora because he is at the back end of his career, which we all (including the player) know. Faurlin is in his prime. AND he hasn't had the financial career Zamora has had, so it is completely different and in no way comparable. But then, I'm sure you knew that.

You make out like some of us have an agenda. Well, we do. I care about QPR as much as you do. You know that. I used to write for your website when I was a teenager. You know that too. You know I wrote a number of letters to David Davies at the time desperate to improve the club. One of my good friends, a former marketing manager of QPR, you know well. I run ASB, and have done for 3 years. I care about this club immensely. That's it: the club: QPR. Not Harry f*cking Redknapp. I've been posting on this board since around the same time as Clive. I've got no agenda that isn't "the good of the club".

As Antti said, stop taking the cheap and frankly disingenuous approach of lumping all conflicting views to yours in one pot and then picking them apart and comparing so you can see "we" contradict each other. "We" are different people. It's an unfair and actually childish approach.

And, thanks for focussing on the one final comment of my previous post. I await a full rebuttal to the rest of the post. Point by point would be good. Your reply wasn't really a reply. It didn't cover the points I raised, but then you know full well it didn't.

Yours, Hunter. P.s. You know who I am, I've made countless eye contact with you over the last few years, which you've completely blanked, so you're welcome to discuss anything with me in person, anywhere. This isn't me being aggressive, but I am 100% comfortable in my conclusions, logic and articulation of it. I'm perfectly happy explaining why my view is as it is to anyone. And it would be easier swatting aside some of your reasoning in person, to be honest. These posts take time, man!

not sure why any personal attacks on posters are needed on a thread like this.

woe betide anyone trying to add perspective
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 08:15 - Mar 21 with 777 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 08:10 - Mar 21 by tommburns

not sure why any personal attacks on posters are needed on a thread like this.

woe betide anyone trying to add perspective

Where's the personal attack??

I've not said anything "personal" about Dave. I have deconstructed his reasoning and provided a complete counter argument, but there's nothing "personal" there.

That's what my point at the end was trying to say. This isn't personal nor intending to aggressive hence why I'd be happy explaining my stance in person as well as in writing.

I don't think I've said anything personally offensive about Dave. And I wouldn't want to. We've got mutual friends. I'm sure he's a sound person. But this is a forum. It's an online source of debate. That's why it exists. If you're going to post opinions and arguments you have to be willing to accept people challenging them. That's all I've done. And I've tried to do so with reason and logic not just state an opinion and bugger off.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 8:21]
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 08:41 - Mar 21 with 766 viewsPommyhoop

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 08:15 - Mar 21 by Hunterhoop

Where's the personal attack??

I've not said anything "personal" about Dave. I have deconstructed his reasoning and provided a complete counter argument, but there's nothing "personal" there.

That's what my point at the end was trying to say. This isn't personal nor intending to aggressive hence why I'd be happy explaining my stance in person as well as in writing.

I don't think I've said anything personally offensive about Dave. And I wouldn't want to. We've got mutual friends. I'm sure he's a sound person. But this is a forum. It's an online source of debate. That's why it exists. If you're going to post opinions and arguments you have to be willing to accept people challenging them. That's all I've done. And I've tried to do so with reason and logic not just state an opinion and bugger off.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2014 8:21]

Its the 'woe betide ' that gets me. The abuse the ''H is a c'nt'' few got in the early days was way worse than any H fan like Dave has got .
Respect old Dave tho ,at least he's sticking to his guns while others are scuttling around like SS men dressing up as peasants after the collapse of The Reich.( Material owned by Discodroid)

Dave is like old Joseph Goebbels sticking with the Great One till the last crunch of the cyanide pill.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:12 - Mar 21 with 741 viewsdaveB

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 23:00 - Mar 20 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not lumping opinions in together, that was more a general point that we never know what we want and whatever we get we tend to want the opposite. I know not everyone thinks like that we're not robots that why it was a more general point.

I appreciate not everyone wanted Redknapp, I didn't want him and said at the time I'd rather get Mackay or Karl Robinson in, build for next year and take the hit of relegation. We didn't though and despite his flaws he's not all bad, he's done some good things since he's been here which is generally getting overlooked at the moment.

As for the Faurlin thing well two articles appeared on it yesterday with the same quotes. One spun it as a positive that Redknapp was backing him to come back, one spun the exact same quotes as a story about him writing Faurlins career off. If I was Faurlin and read the negative one I'd have been furious but that doesn't mean the negative story was correct and the over reaction to it has been incredible. As I say we're a bunch of drama queens at times.
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:31 - Mar 21 with 725 viewsdaveB

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 00:14 - Mar 21 by Hunterhoop

Fantastic post, Antti.

Blimey I didn't know I had to reply point by point, I'll give it a go but will probably miss something.

I've no idea who you are mate, I honestly haven't noticed someone making eye contact with me so apologies if you think i've been rude in some way. I'm not I just didn't notice and I'm usually either pissed at games these days or looking after my son so am oblivious to whats going on around me most of the time.

PM me if you like because I genuinely am in the dark on this one as it sounds like you've got a personal problem with me and this forum is probably not the place for it. Quite a few people wrote articles for my old site back in the day so apologises i can't place you. That feels like a lifetime ago

Anyway I'm not suggesting you have an agenda at all, I just disagree with you, is that ok? Perhaps saying we is the wrong thing to say but it was a general thing, as supporters "we" (and i include myself in this) are rarely happy with what we have and always want something different, I don't think that goes for everyone otherwise we'd all be agreeing with each other but in general whatever manager, players or owner we have a lot of people will want someone completely different. When redknapp goes whoever comes in you can bet a lot of people will not be happy with them and find fault from day one, I might be among them next time, it looks a lot more fun to be honest as they all fail in the end so you end up being proved right eventually. You must see it on here every week, threads moaning about old players followed by threads moaning about inexperienced players, it's crazy really you have to laugh.

Maybe I am stubborn but I find it laughable that I am getting stick for reading Tony Fernandes mind by looking at what he's actually done but it's fine for everyone to read into what Redknapp says and does and make wild assumptions. We've seen on this thread accusations that when he goes he'll slaughter us in the media. Is that not speculation as well?

I'll look forward to Faurlin coming back and playing for us and not one person on here questioning whether he is as good as he was before his injury or claim he is past it because that would be a despicable thing to do.

As I've said the same quotes were in two separate stories yesterday both spun differently. You and others can choose to go mad and get angry about the version you choose to believe, I'll choose to react indifferently to the whole thing by the reading the version I believe is true.
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:34 - Mar 21 with 720 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:12 - Mar 21 by daveB

I'm not lumping opinions in together, that was more a general point that we never know what we want and whatever we get we tend to want the opposite. I know not everyone thinks like that we're not robots that why it was a more general point.

I appreciate not everyone wanted Redknapp, I didn't want him and said at the time I'd rather get Mackay or Karl Robinson in, build for next year and take the hit of relegation. We didn't though and despite his flaws he's not all bad, he's done some good things since he's been here which is generally getting overlooked at the moment.

As for the Faurlin thing well two articles appeared on it yesterday with the same quotes. One spun it as a positive that Redknapp was backing him to come back, one spun the exact same quotes as a story about him writing Faurlins career off. If I was Faurlin and read the negative one I'd have been furious but that doesn't mean the negative story was correct and the over reaction to it has been incredible. As I say we're a bunch of drama queens at times.

None of which is untrue, Dave. Especially when you consider the change in overall mindset when we win and when we lose. My view of HR doesn't really change based on the results, it changes based on his actions and words, of which this is another instance which I really don't rate him.

And I know you were never a big HR fan. I suppose that's part of the reason I find some of your posts in defence of him perverse. Sometimes they're reasonable, sometimes I find them deliberately obtuse.

Ultimately, what he said, regardless of how it was spun, was ill advised and not nice.

I don't understand why he couldn't have said (in true HR voice):

"Well, Ale is a top lad. These injuries are difficult but he's a top player and smashing bloke and I am sure he'll recover. We all want to see him back to his best."

Why would you not say that?? Especially if you're the bloke's manager?! Why would you not be trying to motivate him. Either stupidly or deliberately he chose to bring up the issue, with an example, of players who don't ever recover. Well, cheers Harry! Like I say, stupid or really not very nice.

Out of interest, as I'm not on twitter, has Ale or his mum posted anything since Joey waded in? If not, that doesn't full me with much confidence they have much trust in Harry.
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:35 - Mar 21 with 720 viewsdaveB

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 08:41 - Mar 21 by Pommyhoop

Its the 'woe betide ' that gets me. The abuse the ''H is a c'nt'' few got in the early days was way worse than any H fan like Dave has got .
Respect old Dave tho ,at least he's sticking to his guns while others are scuttling around like SS men dressing up as peasants after the collapse of The Reich.( Material owned by Discodroid)

Dave is like old Joseph Goebbels sticking with the Great One till the last crunch of the cyanide pill.

I'm not actually a Harry fan, i've said several times I didn't want him when he came in but when he did I supported him and if given the choice i wouldn't have him as manager now but that doesn't mean I think everything he does is wrong because it isn't as simple as that. I don't think who we have as manager makes much of a difference, the clubs been run the same way regardless of who was in the dugout for years and it's been piss poor.
Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:38 - Mar 21 with 715 viewsdaveB

Redknapp quotes on Faurlin. on 09:34 - Mar 21 by Hunterhoop

None of which is untrue, Dave. Especially when you consider the change in overall mindset when we win and when we lose. My view of HR doesn't really change based on the results, it changes based on his actions and words, of which this is another instance which I really don't rate him.

And I know you were never a big HR fan. I suppose that's part of the reason I find some of your posts in defence of him perverse. Sometimes they're reasonable, sometimes I find them deliberately obtuse.

Ultimately, what he said, regardless of how it was spun, was ill advised and not nice.

I don't understand why he couldn't have said (in true HR voice):

"Well, Ale is a top lad. These injuries are difficult but he's a top player and smashing bloke and I am sure he'll recover. We all want to see him back to his best."

Why would you not say that?? Especially if you're the bloke's manager?! Why would you not be trying to motivate him. Either stupidly or deliberately he chose to bring up the issue, with an example, of players who don't ever recover. Well, cheers Harry! Like I say, stupid or really not very nice.

Out of interest, as I'm not on twitter, has Ale or his mum posted anything since Joey waded in? If not, that doesn't full me with much confidence they have much trust in Harry.

Well he said "Ale will come back fine — he’s strong and a good lad with a good attitude" but that appears to have been ignored.

Faurlin has said nothing since Barton, Austin, Fernandes and others tweeted him to say the story was nonsense. I understand why he went off on one but he wouldn't have to go off on one if Fernandes or Beard had given him a new deal and made him feel wanted,
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024