Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! 10:10 - Apr 25 with 4056 viewscon_dale

Me and wife are bringing kids over for game tomorrow from Sheffield youngest is 18 months. We are coming over on train to make a day of it so I called office to ask can I take pram into ground or is there anywhere I can leave it? Answer NO!
So that would of put a spanner in the works of our day out, I said your not being very helpfull are u! Lucky at that point Colin walked into office and took over the conversation and said I could take pram into ground!
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 10:16]
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 10:16 - Apr 25 with 4023 viewsTalkingSutty

Well I hope Colin has a word with the member of staff and gives him/her a good bollocking. Its frustrating when we have people at the club who appear to take great delight in making things awkward. Its either done out of vindictiveness or they are seriously lacking a bit of common sense.

Enjoy your day,no doubt it will be costing you a few quid.
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:06 - Apr 25 with 3919 viewsYorkshire_Dale

There is always at least one family with kids and a buggy in the Sandy every home game.

And by buggy I mean a proper big effort.

Poor PR again
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:39 - Apr 25 with 3839 viewselectricblue

I used to take my daughter in her buggy into the sandy on match day but that was 20 yrs ago..
Never a problem she would sleep through it all and then finally wake up at the final whistle typical.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:48 - Apr 25 with 3809 viewslurker

As has been said there is always a buggy in the far end of the Sandy each game, but IMO the best place to take it would be either of the sections set aside for disabled supporters. One is at the end of the Main stand underneath the Police Control Tower and the other is in the TDS family section.

These are generally quieter areas of the ground with a flat spacious area to wheel the pram (although maybe not so quiet tomorrow) and far less likely to ensure your child's first word is an expletive.
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:50 - Apr 25 with 3802 viewsjudd

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:48 - Apr 25 by lurker

As has been said there is always a buggy in the far end of the Sandy each game, but IMO the best place to take it would be either of the sections set aside for disabled supporters. One is at the end of the Main stand underneath the Police Control Tower and the other is in the TDS family section.

These are generally quieter areas of the ground with a flat spacious area to wheel the pram (although maybe not so quiet tomorrow) and far less likely to ensure your child's first word is an expletive.

To be honest, Lurker, the language off the backrow of the "Family" area of the TDS is industrial most games.

I should stop sitting there.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:52 - Apr 25 with 3786 viewslurker

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:50 - Apr 25 by judd

To be honest, Lurker, the language off the backrow of the "Family" area of the TDS is industrial most games.

Arf! Maybe try the Main Stand then con_dale
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 12:02 - Apr 25 with 3747 viewsSuddenLad

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 11:50 - Apr 25 by judd

I stopped taking my Grandkids in there 2 seasons ago for that very reason. Stewards were uninterested and told me that it is no longer designated as a 'family area'.

Strange then, how the boards along the perimeter wall seem to suggest otherwise and ask for fans to avoid using foul & abusive language because the area is for families. Someone needs to make their minds up.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 12:25 - Apr 25 with 3693 views_dezzy

I have seen a Dale fan pushing a pram plenty of times in the pearl st end this season, he leaves it in the wheel chair bit and sits in the stand with his lad,

Ps this lad had a bad reputation at one time, but seems to have knuckled down with fatherhood

KHBA

Login to get fewer ads

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 12:29 - Apr 25 with 3677 viewsjudd

I've seen plenty of parents at Dale games with pushchairs etc.

Some of these parents have even left school.

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 12:35 - Apr 25 with 3632 viewsashes

Seen prams in the front of the TDS stand regularly. Enjoy the game and your day.
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:03 - Apr 25 with 3291 viewsD_Alien

I'm really hoping we don't see any toys being chucked out of the pram if we go a goal down

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:20 - Apr 25 with 3228 viewsRAFC1907

And I wonder who that was.......

Same old awkward miserable unwelcoming member of staff STILL somehow employed by the club.

I have stopped going in there now, infact the said person does not work on Monday's so in future if you was ever unsure about anything ring up on a Monday and you will be looked after as all the rest are doing a superb job.

STEWARDS - not doing another thread, I wanted to report TWO stewards after the Southend game, a male 134, and female 179. Pearl Street Stand.

The weather was roasting and a gentlemen had brought his young child to the game, after half hour or so he moved into the shade, a bit further back. All of a sudden this 'drug taking looking scruff' marched up the steps and barked 'sit in the same seats and do not move' I was gobsmacked. Infact come to think of it, its what I expect from the dregs of society, claiming the dole and stewarding on a match day, we'd be lucky to see the bloke and child again.

As for 179, again another 'drug taking scruff' and 134 both involved together, opted for a smooch (during the game) towards the bottom of the Pearl Street. We were 3-0 down at this point and quite a few people found this amusing (the two stewards drooling not the result!) and so as you would expect a few whistles and 'wit woos' oozed out, 179 then yelled 'F*CK OFF' and 134 looked like he wanted to kill someone, he spotted a 'wit wooer' with his feet catching the sun half an inch over the black netting, screamed at him him 'take your feet down now!!!' next thing another benefit claimer (blonde scruffy hair, always got the walkie talkie) turns up, radios through to the police and kicks one of the 'wit wooers' out when he had not done nothing at all.

Absolute disgrace.

Poll: Bottomley...

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:26 - Apr 25 with 3214 views442Dale

Best to write to/contact the club re. these issues. It will be covered by their customer charter and you should receive a reply.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:47 - Apr 25 with 3163 viewsTalkingSutty

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:26 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

Best to write to/contact the club re. these issues. It will be covered by their customer charter and you should receive a reply.

Did the charter encompass the debit card charges last year?
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:06 - Apr 25 with 3101 views442Dale

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:47 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/club_charter/

Not specific to any situation, but the subject has been brought up by the Dale Trust membership with the Trust to ensure that queries and issues are resolved timeously with the customer charter in mind.

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:13 - Apr 25 with 3077 viewsJL_Dale

It always baffles me on a matchday, when it takes two of the women to serve 1 fan a ticket. One of the women greets you and takes the money, processing the ticket on the computer and the other one (usually the old grump) hands the ticket over. Why not have 3 people serving, the queues are always lengthy!
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:15 - Apr 25 with 3074 viewsTalkingSutty

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:06 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/club/club_charter/

Not specific to any situation, but the subject has been brought up by the Dale Trust membership with the Trust to ensure that queries and issues are resolved timeously with the customer charter in mind.

Wow, proper political correctness speak. Nothing personal 442 but that's bullshit speak and its something that's wormed its way into everyday life, its hot air and the proof is in the pudding.
Words are cheap and todays thread about the customers with the pushchair willing to hand over hard earned cash but being turned away is a typical example of what I am getting at.
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:36 - Apr 25 with 3026 viewsjudd

I phoned the office today and the lady who dealt with my enquiry was excellent.

Those nutters in the shop/lottery dept, on the other hand, were extolling the virtues of Nina's 99 Red fookin' Balloons.

Sweet Jesus!

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:46 - Apr 25 with 2989 views442Dale

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:15 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Wow, proper political correctness speak. Nothing personal 442 but that's bullshit speak and its something that's wormed its way into everyday life, its hot air and the proof is in the pudding.
Words are cheap and todays thread about the customers with the pushchair willing to hand over hard earned cash but being turned away is a typical example of what I am getting at.

Not sure how I could have worded it any differently!

The Trust has an obligation to members and the club has a customer charter. The two can work together to progress both organisations. You are completely right about proof in the pudding and this is something else that was brought up.

The Trust posted a link to their constitution in February on their website, contained within are the following two points , both apply when discussing this subject:

" to encourage the Club to take proper account of its supporters and the community it serves in its decisions"
"having regard in particular with the need to provide information to members and conduct the affairs of the Society (Trust) in accessible and appropriate ways"

Basically, if you ask the Trust something that as a member you want bringing up with the club they should take it forward, the club's own charter would then come into it's own with respect to responding. The Trust would them provide the information in the response so that it is accessible to members.

This can be seen to work effectively at present with the request for members' question for Trust meetings with the board. But it can also apply at any other time. Fans can of course contact the club themselves, but the option is there to make use of the good relations the Trust have with the club and for members to contact them with issues too.

No political correctness, just a desire to stick to an agreed process! On the subject you raised, why not ask the club again about the debit charge either directly or via the Trust and ask for a full explanation

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:51 - Apr 25 with 2970 viewsColDale

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:47 - Apr 25 by TalkingSutty

Yes. Questions were raised over the charges, and they were scrapped. The proof is in the new season ticket forms where there is no debit card charges.
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 19:05 - Apr 25 with 2918 viewsTalkingSutty

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 18:46 - Apr 25 by 442Dale

Not sure how I could have worded it any differently!

The Trust has an obligation to members and the club has a customer charter. The two can work together to progress both organisations. You are completely right about proof in the pudding and this is something else that was brought up.

The Trust posted a link to their constitution in February on their website, contained within are the following two points , both apply when discussing this subject:

" to encourage the Club to take proper account of its supporters and the community it serves in its decisions"
"having regard in particular with the need to provide information to members and conduct the affairs of the Society (Trust) in accessible and appropriate ways"

Basically, if you ask the Trust something that as a member you want bringing up with the club they should take it forward, the club's own charter would then come into it's own with respect to responding. The Trust would them provide the information in the response so that it is accessible to members.

This can be seen to work effectively at present with the request for members' question for Trust meetings with the board. But it can also apply at any other time. Fans can of course contact the club themselves, but the option is there to make use of the good relations the Trust have with the club and for members to contact them with issues too.

No political correctness, just a desire to stick to an agreed process! On the subject you raised, why not ask the club again about the debit charge either directly or via the Trust and ask for a full explanation

The debit charges have now been sorted out because next season there is no charge, we all know there would have been though if some of us hadn't have aired our views.

I dont think the trust can take credit for that because individuals made their feelings known at the time. and the club were out of order with the charges in the first place so they aren't doing us any favours. If they could get away with it they would so the charter etc means very little.

Whilst we are on the subject of the club and the trust working together does anybody know the outcome of the vote in March regarding the floodlight upgrade? If i have missed the update, apologies.
Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 20:17 - Apr 25 with 2810 viewsdoleydale

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 17:20 - Apr 25 by RAFC1907

And I wonder who that was.......

Same old awkward miserable unwelcoming member of staff STILL somehow employed by the club.

I have stopped going in there now, infact the said person does not work on Monday's so in future if you was ever unsure about anything ring up on a Monday and you will be looked after as all the rest are doing a superb job.

STEWARDS - not doing another thread, I wanted to report TWO stewards after the Southend game, a male 134, and female 179. Pearl Street Stand.

The weather was roasting and a gentlemen had brought his young child to the game, after half hour or so he moved into the shade, a bit further back. All of a sudden this 'drug taking looking scruff' marched up the steps and barked 'sit in the same seats and do not move' I was gobsmacked. Infact come to think of it, its what I expect from the dregs of society, claiming the dole and stewarding on a match day, we'd be lucky to see the bloke and child again.

As for 179, again another 'drug taking scruff' and 134 both involved together, opted for a smooch (during the game) towards the bottom of the Pearl Street. We were 3-0 down at this point and quite a few people found this amusing (the two stewards drooling not the result!) and so as you would expect a few whistles and 'wit woos' oozed out, 179 then yelled 'F*CK OFF' and 134 looked like he wanted to kill someone, he spotted a 'wit wooer' with his feet catching the sun half an inch over the black netting, screamed at him him 'take your feet down now!!!' next thing another benefit claimer (blonde scruffy hair, always got the walkie talkie) turns up, radios through to the police and kicks one of the 'wit wooers' out when he had not done nothing at all.

Absolute disgrace.

its what I expect from the dregs of society, claiming the dole As for 179, again another 'drug taking scruff'

Excuse me sir, not all us doleys are bad

Hey everybody take a look at me, I've got street credibility, I may not have a job, But I have a good time, With the boys that I meet "down on the line" I said, I - DON'T - NEED - YOU So you don't approve, Well who asked you to? HEY - JERK - YOU - WORK This boy's got better things to do

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 23:09 - Apr 25 with 2656 viewsD_Alien

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 20:17 - Apr 25 by doleydale

its what I expect from the dregs of society, claiming the dole As for 179, again another 'drug taking scruff'

Excuse me sir, not all us doleys are bad

It's a fair point, and if RAFC1907 approaches the club with a formal complaint (as he should have done much sooner after the event) I hope he keeps his personal opinions to himself whilst doing so, in order that the objectionable (if corrobarated) actions of the stewards can be dealt with in the appropriate manner.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2014 23:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 23:56 - Apr 25 with 2590 viewsTTNYear

It's like the mong bourd.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 08:50 - Apr 26 with 2473 viewsregjenkins

Club office (helpfull) NOT!!!!!!! on 23:56 - Apr 25 by TTNYear

It's like the mong bourd.

Well quite. Brimming full of superfluous not to mention perfunctory balderdash and pretentious waste material one could say.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024