Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Pre season Tour - USA 15:21 - May 15 with 6740 viewsLM10

Just seen on social media that we are touring the states again this pre season. A two week training camp held in Chicago from july 6th with two games during the tour being against Chivas and Minnesota United.

Great oppotunity for our fans to fit in a family holiday whilst watching the super swans in another continent. I was lucky enough to be working out there last time we toured there and managed to watch the San jose Earthquakes game! great experience.

Old JA.net user.... Back to see what the fuss is! Once a Jack..Always a jack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:26 - May 15 with 4641 viewsCWJack

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/usa-tour-2014-15-1554250.aspx
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:28 - May 15 with 4619 viewsoldcob

It might be a good idea to take some club merchandise to sell in USA. It would help to 'spread the word'.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:32 - May 15 with 4583 viewsDarran

Hell of a festival in WI too at the same time.

http://www.rock-fest.com

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:35 - May 15 with 4563 viewsLM10

Dwight, you would be surprised how many families flew over to watch the Colorado and Earthquakes game! With Chicago being just as good as California, wouldn't see no reasons why this would be different.

And yes, it would be great to take merchandise etc over, last time in colorado, i know the swans left kit and other equipment for a local side over there and then went back to do some academy coaching, so some links, even if they are small are still there. If we can do it again, then great.

Old JA.net user.... Back to see what the fuss is! Once a Jack..Always a jack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:42 - May 15 with 4513 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:32 - May 15 by Darran

Hell of a festival in WI too at the same time.

http://www.rock-fest.com

Some great bands there, Darran. I saw The Pretty Reckless a month or two ago. It was terrible. I couldn't understand a word and they used so many strobes you couldn't see the stage.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:45 - May 15 with 4512 viewsDarran

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:42 - May 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Some great bands there, Darran. I saw The Pretty Reckless a month or two ago. It was terrible. I couldn't understand a word and they used so many strobes you couldn't see the stage.

That's the band with the actress singer isn't it?

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:48 - May 15 with 4497 viewsnyc_swans

too bad they aren't doing this on the east coast. think that would be a better draw. wonder how they wound up in these random places.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:48 - May 15 with 4484 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:45 - May 15 by Darran

That's the band with the actress singer isn't it?

It is. She's an excellent singer to be fair and they have some decent songs. Perhaps I was just unlucky that the sound / light engineers for that date were completely amateurish. Half way through Fall Out Boy's (yes I went to see Fall Out Boy) set the music cut out for around 25 minutes. The whole thing was a giant catastrophe and has put me off ever going to the M.E.N / Phones4U Arena ever again.

Back to the topic on hand, I hope there are other more competitive friendlies arranged to ensure we start this season with everybody up to match fitness.

Login to get fewer ads

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:55 - May 15 with 4440 viewsMilwaukeeMan

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:48 - May 15 by nyc_swans

too bad they aren't doing this on the east coast. think that would be a better draw. wonder how they wound up in these random places.

From Milwaukee. It is a bit random. We've never hosted a game like this before so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Milwaukee has a huge Mexican-American population and is only about 2hrs from Chicago, so I imagine this was a low cost for a possible huge crowd. The city has a huge following for the sport so, yes, it is a bit random, but not completely ludicrous.

Anyways, not necessarily a huge Swansea fan, but always enjoyed watching them play. I am beyond excited to be a part of hosting them in Milwaukee. For anyone coming, we will throw a huge party in the parking lot for the pre-game as we do with all sports at Miller Park!
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:56 - May 15 with 4438 viewsDarran

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:55 - May 15 by MilwaukeeMan

From Milwaukee. It is a bit random. We've never hosted a game like this before so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Milwaukee has a huge Mexican-American population and is only about 2hrs from Chicago, so I imagine this was a low cost for a possible huge crowd. The city has a huge following for the sport so, yes, it is a bit random, but not completely ludicrous.

Anyways, not necessarily a huge Swansea fan, but always enjoyed watching them play. I am beyond excited to be a part of hosting them in Milwaukee. For anyone coming, we will throw a huge party in the parking lot for the pre-game as we do with all sports at Miller Park!

Do you like Cheap Trick?

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:58 - May 15 with 4421 viewsJBT95

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:48 - May 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is. She's an excellent singer to be fair and they have some decent songs. Perhaps I was just unlucky that the sound / light engineers for that date were completely amateurish. Half way through Fall Out Boy's (yes I went to see Fall Out Boy) set the music cut out for around 25 minutes. The whole thing was a giant catastrophe and has put me off ever going to the M.E.N / Phones4U Arena ever again.

Back to the topic on hand, I hope there are other more competitive friendlies arranged to ensure we start this season with everybody up to match fitness.

Saw Muse at the MEN... brilliant.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:20 - May 15 with 4329 viewsDarran

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:58 - May 15 by JBT95

Saw Muse at the MEN... brilliant.

I saw the Spice Girls there.

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:21 - May 15 with 4324 viewsMNDarkClouds

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 15:48 - May 15 by nyc_swans

Minnesota United's profile has really grown since our preseason tour of England in March. First U.S. side to train at St. George's Park. They played a friendly against Derby County and Pro Elite Development Academy which had some of the Manchester City's youth squad in it.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:24 - May 15 with 4308 viewsTom1912

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:21 - May 15 by MNDarkClouds

Minnesota United's profile has really grown since our preseason tour of England in March. First U.S. side to train at St. George's Park. They played a friendly against Derby County and Pro Elite Development Academy which had some of the Manchester City's youth squad in it.

The Derby County? That certainly explains why we were keen to go over to Minnesota then...
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:29 - May 15 with 4276 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope we're getting a lot of money for this. The only reason most clubs go abroad is for financially rewarding friendlies. If it's just a big holiday which is costing £300,000 or so then it's a bit silly.

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:44 - May 15 with 4216 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Great, I went on the last tour and looking forward to this one. Having lived in the Indianapolis/Chicago area before I can tell you all there's a ton of things to see/do while you're there. Hopefully, we'll get a few more of us American fans to attend this time...still hard to believe after years in the basement divisions that anyone over here has even heard of us.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 19:12 - May 15 with 4002 viewsDaggyjack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:44 - May 15 by UltraAmericanJack

Great, I went on the last tour and looking forward to this one. Having lived in the Indianapolis/Chicago area before I can tell you all there's a ton of things to see/do while you're there. Hopefully, we'll get a few more of us American fans to attend this time...still hard to believe after years in the basement divisions that anyone over here has even heard of us.

Chicago is my favourite U.S. city.
Great place to go and you can combine watching the Swans with a visit to Wrigley Field to watch the Chicago Cubs!!
Would definitely recommend a visit.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 20:34 - May 15 with 3867 viewsJethroJack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 19:12 - May 15 by Daggyjack

Chicago is my favourite U.S. city.
Great place to go and you can combine watching the Swans with a visit to Wrigley Field to watch the Chicago Cubs!!
Would definitely recommend a visit.

Fully agree with your recommendation....
NY, LA, SF, LV, Dallas, Houston..... of them all, Chicago wins!
Downtown Chicago (aka Gotham City watching The Dark Knight being filmed), Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, Millenium Park, Soldier Field, Shedd Aquarium.....its got the lot.

All the above.....and Swansea City too.....what a holiday!!
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 20:52 - May 15 with 3798 viewsDavillin

Chicago has much to see and do, that is true. There are also some drawbacks.

I've not been to Wisconsin or Minnesota, but I know a fair few people from there, and they are really "salt of the earth." Much to see there, also, including some Native American sites.

I'm sure that your idea of the United States will change dramatically after visiting Wisconsin and Minnesota,. and decidedly for the better.

I shall be checking with my eldest, who went to San Diego with me for the Earthquakes game and gathering. His work schedule is a killer, however. We'll see.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 20:55 - May 15 with 3797 viewsNeathJack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 16:29 - May 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I hope we're getting a lot of money for this. The only reason most clubs go abroad is for financially rewarding friendlies. If it's just a big holiday which is costing £300,000 or so then it's a bit silly.

Have a f*cking day off will you.
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 21:02 - May 15 with 3764 viewsDarran

If anyone goes go here for beer and chocolate pizza.

http://www.piecechicago.com

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 21:09 - May 15 with 3744 viewsDaggyjack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 20:34 - May 15 by JethroJack

Fully agree with your recommendation....
NY, LA, SF, LV, Dallas, Houston..... of them all, Chicago wins!
Downtown Chicago (aka Gotham City watching The Dark Knight being filmed), Navy Pier, Lake Michigan, Millenium Park, Soldier Field, Shedd Aquarium.....its got the lot.

All the above.....and Swansea City too.....what a holiday!!

Spot on.
you forgot Lincoln Park Zoo and for food:
Giordano's or Gino's East - great pizza.
Al's Beef - the dipped sandwiches are the best!

As you say, all this and the Jacks in town!
Official Pre season Tour - USA on 23:02 - May 15 with 3621 viewsJethroJack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 21:09 - May 15 by Daggyjack

Spot on.
you forgot Lincoln Park Zoo and for food:
Giordano's or Gino's East - great pizza.
Al's Beef - the dipped sandwiches are the best!

As you say, all this and the Jacks in town!

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 23:05 - May 15 with 3609 viewsJethroJack

Official Pre season Tour - USA on 00:01 - May 16 with 3531 viewsSwansNZ

Bringing West Ham and Newcastle down to NZ this July, is reported to be costing the event organisers over $2Million (£1 million).

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024