Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potential team for next season, thoughts 15:27 - May 28 with 2010 viewsAustinHarris24

GREEN

SIMPSON
CHEIF
CAULKER (from baadiff)
YUN (perhaps bring in a left back if he doesn't start well)

BARTON
HOLTBY (not wanted at spurs would be a great signing imo)
HOILETT
TOWNSEND (pochettino wants to bring in lallana might be looking to get rid)

RAVEL (doesn't want to play for big Sam young and very talented)
AUSTIN

What changes would you make

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 15:31 - May 28 with 1992 viewssimmo

Matt Phillips and Faurlin are both ours and both premiership quality.

Agree Holtby and Caulker would be great signings, can see the latter going to Liverpool though. Too early even to speculate on a starting team but of our current squad I hope we keep and start with a core of

Green
Simpson
Cheif
YSY
Barton
Faurlin
Hoilett
Phillips
Austin

That's 9, so we need to add a few starters and then some suitable back up, especially those with PACE.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 15:58 - May 28 with 1909 viewsGloucs_R

If's buts and maybes. At the moment its more likely to be this:

Cesar
Simpson / Onouha / Dunne (Hill) / Yun
Barton / Henry
Hoillett / Faurlin / Phillips
Austin

Poll: Are we staying up?

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 16:00 - May 28 with 1908 views08olesen

We need at leas two for each position i think

Gk: Green, Murphy
RB: Simpson, Wisdom (loan)
CB: Chief, Rekik (City Loan),
CB: Dunne, Hill, Caulker
LB: Yun, Olsson
RW: Hoilet, Phillips
CM: Barton, Granero, Mutch
CM: Faurlin, Henry, Thorne
LW: Traore, Marcos Lopez (man city loan)
ST: Austin, BZ
ST: McCormack, Morrison

I would be happy with that, even though that wouldnt be much better than our championship team, but i think they will buy one or two really good players, but its the sort of thing you dont mention on here, otherwise you get labelled unrealistic and an idiot ha (Hernandez and Lucas Leiva from liverpool).
[Post edited 28 May 2014 16:44]

Poll: Who will the other play off

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 18:35 - May 28 with 1715 views08olesen

Was going to say le Fondre, but he has now gone to Cardiff.

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 18:46 - May 28 with 1683 viewseghamranger

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 18:35 - May 28 by 08olesen

Was going to say le Fondre, but he has now gone to Cardiff.

I think Le fondres level is championship, bit like Tommy Smith, who has been released from there
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 18:56 - May 28 with 1653 viewsjamois

Agree on Le Fondre, glad he's been taken care of.

I see there's been some interest in Thomas Vermaelen. I like the idea of a good ball-playing centre half next to the chief who's not so clever with his feet. We haven't had a CB who can bring the ball out himself for a while.

Also mentioned on another thread the importance of a quality defensive midfielder with good distribution. I'm scratching my head for who that could be and suspect it would need to be foreign, if Nigel Farage is comfortable with that.

We have some decent attacking midfielders who should be given a chance to sign, Phillips, Hoilett, Ravel hopefully.

We need a striker or two obviously.

More than that, we need a plan. How ARE we going to play this season 'Arry?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 20:50 - May 28 with 1529 viewsdaveB

Holtby is an excellent shout if we can't get Morrison.

Caulker from Cardiff would be great, George Thorne and Sidwell would be on my list
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 21:51 - May 28 with 1442 viewsbosh67

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 16:00 - May 28 by 08olesen

I would be happy with that, even though that wouldnt be much better than our championship team, but i think they will buy one or two really good players, but its the sort of thing you dont mention on here, otherwise you get labelled unrealistic and an idiot ha (Hernandez and Lucas Leiva from liverpool).

Or

RB: Simpson,
CB: Ned, Dunne, Ehmer (RB cover) Hill (LB cover) , Micah Richards (RB cover)
LB: Yun,
CM: Barton, Faurlin, Henry, Doughty, O'Neil, Yossi, George Thorne
LW: Traore, Andrade
ST: Austin, Jordan Rhodes, Matt Smith, Zamora, Hitchcock

Ins: Micha Richards on a free, Thorne will cost about £4m, Rhodes will cost about £6m and Matt Smith about £600K

That's a spend of 10-11m . Ehmer, Doughty, Andrade and Hitchcock to be given their chance in the squad.
If Faurlin can't keep fit we go for Snodgrass at Christmas.

I think Micah and Ned at CB would be awesome, flanked by Simpson and Yun. Plenty of power and pace. Dunne and Hill there to steady things when needed.
I don't think we will get Morrison but Thorne should be a big target, just the kind of player we need.
Get Rhodes because he and Austin will fire, Zamora and Smith to add height and muscle where needed, Hitchcock is a poacher. Got to have one.
Doughty and Andrade need to get their chance in midfield. Every time I have seen Doughty play he looks class, in the Thorne mould, and Andrade is two footed and very very quick.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 22:13 - May 28 with 1408 views08olesen

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 21:51 - May 28 by bosh67

Or

RB: Simpson,
CB: Ned, Dunne, Ehmer (RB cover) Hill (LB cover) , Micah Richards (RB cover)
LB: Yun,
CM: Barton, Faurlin, Henry, Doughty, O'Neil, Yossi, George Thorne
LW: Traore, Andrade
ST: Austin, Jordan Rhodes, Matt Smith, Zamora, Hitchcock

Ins: Micha Richards on a free, Thorne will cost about £4m, Rhodes will cost about £6m and Matt Smith about £600K

That's a spend of 10-11m . Ehmer, Doughty, Andrade and Hitchcock to be given their chance in the squad.
If Faurlin can't keep fit we go for Snodgrass at Christmas.

I think Micah and Ned at CB would be awesome, flanked by Simpson and Yun. Plenty of power and pace. Dunne and Hill there to steady things when needed.
I don't think we will get Morrison but Thorne should be a big target, just the kind of player we need.
Get Rhodes because he and Austin will fire, Zamora and Smith to add height and muscle where needed, Hitchcock is a poacher. Got to have one.
Doughty and Andrade need to get their chance in midfield. Every time I have seen Doughty play he looks class, in the Thorne mould, and Andrade is two footed and very very quick.

I just doubt that squad strong enough to survive though. What happens if Simpson or Yun get injured. Harriman vs Hazard? Or Traore hammy goes and we are playing Andrade as a starter.

Im not suggesting mine is right, by any means, i just think we need at least 25-30 mill put in, which is possible once we get 8 for remy and maybe 4-5 for Adel.

Most important signing for me would be Morrison/ Holtby. We need someone who can just do it by themselves if needs be, but both would probably cost around 7-8 mill straight away!

We could save money on Caulker though, and bring in Micah and McCormack would only be 3-4 i think. They would help a lot so may be only 20 million needs spending then instead of 30

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 22:28 - May 28 with 1382 viewsbosh67

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 22:13 - May 28 by 08olesen

I just doubt that squad strong enough to survive though. What happens if Simpson or Yun get injured. Harriman vs Hazard? Or Traore hammy goes and we are playing Andrade as a starter.

Im not suggesting mine is right, by any means, i just think we need at least 25-30 mill put in, which is possible once we get 8 for remy and maybe 4-5 for Adel.

Most important signing for me would be Morrison/ Holtby. We need someone who can just do it by themselves if needs be, but both would probably cost around 7-8 mill straight away!

We could save money on Caulker though, and bring in Micah and McCormack would only be 3-4 i think. They would help a lot so may be only 20 million needs spending then instead of 30

Our only issue may be if we get done on the fair play thing we will be capped at a £14m spend tops. We may have to spend carefully.

Micha can play RB and CB when needed. He has to be a big target. Holtby is a very very good player but he was on huge wages at Fulham. Thorne has so much potential and would be cheaper.

I think we have to have a different attitude this time to last time. Keep the framework of the team and add a key signing in defence, midfield and attack.

I also think Matt Smith is hugely under rated and at 6 foot 6 he could be more than a handful when needed. He could learn a lot from Zamora as well.

It's great pretending to be in charge, isn't it!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 23:10 - May 28 with 1320 viewsdaveB

I wasn't that impressed with Matt Smith, looked a but of a carthorse whenever I saw him play
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 00:23 - May 29 with 1255 viewsHunterhoop

Steven Caulker and Holtby would be FANTASTIC signings. Caulker in particular. Him and Ned together would be monstrous!

Got to go 4-2-3-1 in the Prem, though. If our last experience there taught us anything it was our best performances and results came when we played 3 genuine CMs and we were most open and at risk when we played a 4-4-2. We could and will be able to afford one of those CMs to be an attacking no. 10, but he needs to be more midfielder than forward.

We also need to be very careful about making too many signings. Morale is clearly good. This squad will feel they got us up and deserve a crack.

At this stage, I'd be looking at something like this:

Green
Simpson Ned Caulker Yun
Barton Faurlin
Phillips Holtby Hoilett
Austin

subs:
Murphy
Dunne
Traore (pushing Hoilett to start)
Henry
O'Neill
Benayoun/Kranjcar (probably give both 1 yr deals)
Deeney (we should go and get him. He'd fit the system above perfectly)

Sitting behind this, we have:
Donaldson
Ehmer
Harriman
Petrasso
Hitchcock

I know they're probably not up to starting berths, but I pray we don't just sign 6-7 players thus pushing them out of the 25. I think that would be completely the wrong approach. This is our chance to get things right and do things the right way, so IF we were to be relegated again there's far less risk and we're perfectly placed to bounce back and then stabilise. Obviously we want to stay up, but we MUST NOT repeat the failings of last time of spending stupidly in order to "guarantee" survival. It does not work.

Hill, should take a first team coaching role, but remain registered as a player and in the 25, in case we're short.

p.s. look at the ages of that starting XI! Pretty young and potentially a team which could play together for 3-4 years.

I know people keep talking about him, but not keen on Sidwell at all.
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 00:28 - May 29 with 1252 viewssaxbend

What I'd like:

Green
Simpson (any two of Hill/Dunne/Onuoha) Yun
Phillips Barton Faurlin Morrison Traore
Austin

What I suspect it'll be:

Cesar
Simpson Dunne Onuoha Yun
O'Neil Barton Henry Hoilett
Austin Zamora (until he gets injured)
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 00:34 - May 29 with 1245 viewsPunteR

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 00:28 - May 29 by saxbend

What I'd like:

Green
Simpson (any two of Hill/Dunne/Onuoha) Yun
Phillips Barton Faurlin Morrison Traore
Austin

What I suspect it'll be:

Cesar
Simpson Dunne Onuoha Yun
O'Neil Barton Henry Hoilett
Austin Zamora (until he gets injured)

I would have Traore over Hoilet.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 00:51 - May 29 with 1237 viewsbarbicanranger

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 18:56 - May 28 by jamois

Agree on Le Fondre, glad he's been taken care of.

I see there's been some interest in Thomas Vermaelen. I like the idea of a good ball-playing centre half next to the chief who's not so clever with his feet. We haven't had a CB who can bring the ball out himself for a while.

Also mentioned on another thread the importance of a quality defensive midfielder with good distribution. I'm scratching my head for who that could be and suspect it would need to be foreign, if Nigel Farage is comfortable with that.

We have some decent attacking midfielders who should be given a chance to sign, Phillips, Hoilett, Ravel hopefully.

We need a striker or two obviously.

More than that, we need a plan. How ARE we going to play this season 'Arry?

What about the defensive midfielder at Cardiff? - Gary Medel - always looked good when I saw him play this season.

I wonder what Chris Samba's up to? Remember him? Didn't him and Tony get on well?
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 06:37 - May 29 with 1149 viewshoops_legend

I want 'arry to get a full time team working on diakite. Get his head straight... Give him a full pre-season, give him some Calming tackling lessons and he would be an absolute superstar....

Let's invest in a few of our players before looking at some more quick fixes.

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 08:42 - May 29 with 1072 viewsBerkoRanger

Potential team for next season, thoughts on 16:00 - May 28 by 08olesen

Been saying for years that a winning team needs a squad of 25 - that's two quality players for each position plus an extra defender, midfielder and striker. Youth players can definitely be part of this squad but, for example, we will need to add FOUR strikers (if BZ is not retained).
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 08:54 - May 29 with 1059 viewseghamranger

Caulker is going to Liverpool, a mate of mine knows Paul Goddard who works for an agent and it's a done deal in the Summer!
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 09:01 - May 29 with 1045 viewseghamranger

If we are keeping Harry now and spurs have a new manager I can see us having Townsend as he liked it here and he won't get a game there when llanna signs
Potential team for next season, thoughts on 09:43 - May 29 with 1003 viewspaulparker

sorry but Caulker & Vermalen are not going to come here

we have to be realistic and sensible when it comes to signings, I said Billy Jones & jack colback yesterday but both of them look to be going to sunderland/Newcastle
that was the sort of signings we should have gone for, being promoted via the play offs does put you at a disadvantage
I do believe we need another
GK
a fullback that can possibly cover right & left
CB
X2 Midfielders
x2 strikers
add that to the core of the team we have and we have a good chance of 15th /16th next year

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024