Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea 18:30 - Aug 30 with 10851 viewsDrWig

Earlier Jeff Stelling said we are the only Premier League club where Roy has not attended a game. Le Tissier, Merson and Nicholas were somewhat surprised given JJS, Dyer and Routs. Merson, in particular was vocal in saying Dyer should be given a chance. Given the events of this afternoon what are the chances of Roy finding his way here? Reminds me a bit of England cricket selectors in 1990s with Glamorgan and Gloucs players.

The only alternative to the spectacle is the spectacle of the alternative.

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:06 - Aug 30 with 1675 viewsmorningstar

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 19:53 - Aug 30 by union_jack

Quite possibly, but you didn't answer the question. Look more at Hodgon's ineptitude rather than it being an anti-Welsh directive from the FA. You make yourself look really small big man!!

I'm not the only one on this thread who holds a similar view, It's just that I was more descriptive in my views. And what question was that? You didn't ask me one? How do you know I'm a big man? I can't be that big as I'm not allowed to use the pc when x factor is on so the missus is bigger than me!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:08 - Aug 30 with 1671 viewsPhil_S

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 19:42 - Aug 30 by Bonjour

He hasn't picked them because they aren't good enough.

You really believe that Routledge and Dyer are not good enough to play for England?

Really?
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:08 - Aug 30 with 1671 viewsChippy69

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:06 - Aug 30 by morningstar

I'm not the only one on this thread who holds a similar view, It's just that I was more descriptive in my views. And what question was that? You didn't ask me one? How do you know I'm a big man? I can't be that big as I'm not allowed to use the pc when x factor is on so the missus is bigger than me!

I do'nt know you

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:09 - Aug 30 with 1667 viewsPinky

I tried to bring this up on 606 on 5 live earlier. I can't remember what I said exactly due to my matchday beers but will try and listen to it on iPlayer tomorrow. I was on just after the 7PM news.
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:13 - Aug 30 with 1643 viewsunion_jack

You are married???

Don't rant about anti Welsh stances by the FA or indeed anyone else because it makes us all look as stupid as you.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:15 - Aug 30 with 1636 viewsGroo

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9449089/le-tissier:-dyer-d

Groo does what Groo does best

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:20 - Aug 30 with 1608 viewsQuakerJack

Fcuk the English and the horse they rode in on. I despise the scum b@stards, I fear that if they do start picking our players they'd improve, so feck em.... That old knob can stay over his own side of the bridge. Clueless toss pot in charge of overhyped dogs.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:24 - Aug 30 with 1593 viewsItchySphincter

Who else on this thread is making themselves look as dippy as you with that view then?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:36 - Aug 30 with 1555 viewsCatullus

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 18:49 - Aug 30 by JackoBoostardo

He always seems to go for what he assumes are "safe" options - because he is out of his depth in a massive way! Now we've been in the Premier League for four seasons he still ignores our club.

I'd say that despite our players wanting to play for their country, it may not be worth it while Hodgeson is in charge. Wouldn't want to be part of England's worst campaigns ever would they?

They're better of waiting until a competent England manager comes knocking. Given how backwards the FA are, this could be never, but I'd rather have my reputation intact, showing how football should be played at Swansea.

This matches my opinion 100%. The last several England managers have all played it (what they assumed was) safe, but it was anything but as they all failed.
With the talent and resources England has, they should do better.

They need to change their formations, their style and be a bit less predictable and/or boring with squad selection.

When Dyer and Routledg are on form, there are no English wide players so much better than them that our boys shouldn't be picked.

The FA have been similarly devoid of anything interesting in picking managers.

Right now, if they want a chance of winning something, they'd be much better off with Brendan Rodgers than Woy.
He'd change everything, and it's just what England need. A new broom, new ideas.

It won't happen.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:46 - Aug 30 with 1518 viewsunion_jack

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:36 - Aug 30 by Catullus

This matches my opinion 100%. The last several England managers have all played it (what they assumed was) safe, but it was anything but as they all failed.

They need to change their formations, their style and be a bit less predictable and/or boring with squad selection.

When Dyer and Routledg are on form, there are no English wide players so much better than them that our boys shouldn't be picked.

Right now, if they want a chance of winning something, they'd be much better off with Brendan Rodgers than Woy.
He'd change everything, and it's just what England need. A new broom, new ideas.

It won't happen.

Just to balance the discussion, the England job comes with untold pressure drupe to the country's expectations. Therefore, playing safe is an attractive option.

It needs someone to come in and take the bull by the horns. Immediate losses for future success. Until they do this they are going to go backwards.

I agree someone like Brendan would be good but he would need the full backing if the FA and a message of 'work in progress' from day one. His success at Liverpool under similar pressures could help.

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:49 - Aug 30 with 1505 viewsjacksfullaces

It's all a bit pathetic and predictable. We win 3 matches and suddenly Dyer and Routledge are in the spotlight for that reason as opposed to their fairly consistent form for the past 3 seasons?

And now Hodgson will traipse down to the Bridge to take a look when the boys will have to prove themselves on a one off occasion that on paper could prove rather difficult and is unlikely to be tactically a very attacking game on our part. He can then cross both us and the pundits off.

Monk wins a few more matches mind and he'll probably be then touted as the next England manager and we'll all be looking to Huw et al to pull the next rabbit out of the hat. On the plus side Monk might pick one of the Swans players thouh!

When it comes to the Swans we/players/managers are only as good as out last few matches.
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:49 - Aug 30 with 1503 viewsChippy69

It won't happen.

FFS his name is Roy, Roy, Fecking Roy, or does everyone fall in line with bullying with a name

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:50 - Aug 30 with 1501 viewsHark_Now_Hear

He can't get a ticket probably, Or hates bridges maybe?

He would have seen us play away many times surely?
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:51 - Aug 30 with 1494 viewsGroo

It won't happen.

Perhaps they could do with a combination of both, Roy Rodgers

Groo does what Groo does best

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:54 - Aug 30 with 1478 viewsCatullus

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:46 - Aug 30 by union_jack

Just to balance the discussion, the England job comes with untold pressure drupe to the country's expectations. Therefore, playing safe is an attractive option.

It needs someone to come in and take the bull by the horns. Immediate losses for future success. Until they do this they are going to go backwards.

I agree someone like Brendan would be good but he would need the full backing if the FA and a message of 'work in progress' from day one. His success at Liverpool under similar pressures could help.

Is Hodgson under less pressure than Van Gaal, Pellegrini or Wenger?

The FA won't pick someone (or shouldn't) unless they completely believe they can deal with it.
Hodgson is so lethargic I don't think he's even realised he's being watched by millions upon milions!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:00 - Aug 30 with 1445 viewsunion_jack

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:54 - Aug 30 by Catullus

Is Hodgson under less pressure than Van Gaal, Pellegrini or Wenger?

The FA won't pick someone (or shouldn't) unless they completely believe they can deal with it.
Hodgson is so lethargic I don't think he's even realised he's being watched by millions upon milions!

I agree but it seems the FA made a mistake with. Hodgson. I thought so at the time but didn't say anything to them as I thought they knew what they were doing 😏

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:02 - Aug 30 with 1437 viewstimendalli

has a swans player ever played for england while at our club??? i know we have had a few former england players but pretty sure none of them played while with us.

drop your guns? your surrounded by armed bastards!

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:21 - Aug 30 with 1388 viewsHighjack

We've had call ups for Spain and Holland lately and those two countwies are light years ahead of England. The weason Woy hasn't picked Woutledge and Bwitton etc in my opinion is because they are not vewy big and England twaditionaly go for incwedibly big athletic players.

It's a shame because call ups for England would add about twenty million to their value.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2014 21:24]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:24 - Aug 30 with 1378 viewsHighjack

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 18:41 - Aug 30 by Swanzay

The fact the hodgson wont cross the Severn bridge is a disgrace.

Woy won't twavel acwoss the bwidge because he won't pay the six pound fowty.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:26 - Aug 30 with 1371 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge would have given them another dimension in the WC. Perhaps Roy hasn't got over the fact that our 1st season Championship side shagged his PL Fulham side in the FA cup down here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:37 - Aug 30 with 1340 viewsBonjour

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:04 - Aug 30 by Dr_Winston

Innit.

They're not top, top class. If they were they wouldn't be playing for us. More than good enough to be selected for England though.

Dyer's place in our side is up for debate. Routledge, really?

Come on...
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:37 - Aug 30 with 1338 viewsBonjour

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:08 - Aug 30 by Phil_S

You really believe that Routledge and Dyer are not good enough to play for England?

Really?

Yep
SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:39 - Aug 30 with 1331 viewsDr_Winston

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:37 - Aug 30 by Bonjour

Dyer's place in our side is up for debate. Routledge, really?

Come on...

As I said, compared to who?

What other wingers do England possess that are better?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:41 - Aug 30 with 1321 viewsHighjack

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:26 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Routledge would have given them another dimension in the WC. Perhaps Roy hasn't got over the fact that our 1st season Championship side shagged his PL Fulham side in the FA cup down here.

Anyone's better than playing Wooney on the wing.

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 21:45 - Aug 30 with 1304 viewsItchySphincter

SSN, Hodgson and Swansea on 20:49 - Aug 30 by Chippy69

FFS his name is Roy, Roy, Fecking Roy, or does everyone fall in line with bullying with a name

If you asked him his name I bet he'd say Woy......

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024