Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:32 - Oct 7 with 8884 viewsrafc1984

Dale XI v Walsall: Logan, Rafferty, Eastham, O'Connell, Kennedy, Hery, Allen, Cannon, Vincenti, Done, Henderson

Dale bench v Walsall: Bennett, Andrew, Muldoon, Diba Musangu, Kisimba
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 19:33]
Match thread on 19:55 - Oct 7 with 6317 viewsrafc1984

1 down. Manset with a grimes assist....
Match thread on 20:00 - Oct 7 with 6266 viewsCockneyDale

Against the run of play, I'm told.

Anyone else got comm issues? The app doesn't even seem to know we're playing tonight
Match thread on 20:03 - Oct 7 with 6235 views100notout

No Lund??

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread on 20:07 - Oct 7 with 6179 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread on 20:03 - Oct 7 by 100notout

No Lund??

Agree its strange as you would think he needs match practise

Injured?
Match thread on 20:23 - Oct 7 with 6017 viewsboromat

Goal looked offside to me. Just a touch.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread on 20:47 - Oct 7 with 5810 viewsrafc1984

Muldoon on for Cannon
Match thread on 21:22 - Oct 7 with 5498 viewsmacro

1156 crowd
Match thread on 21:31 - Oct 7 with 5378 viewsGhanaDale

Match thread on 21:22 - Oct 7 by macro

1156 crowd

Excellent first half, 2nd half was as poor as i've seen in a while.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 21:34 - Oct 7 with 5330 viewsRotherhamDale

Did we go all direct and start hoofing it again?

I'd like to see us go back to having 5 in midfield and having more control on games.

Possession with progression.

Match thread on 21:41 - Oct 7 with 5267 viewsisitme

I thought I was watching the Barnsley game all over again. They score against the run of play then sit back. We have a number if half chances in the first half then don't really create much in the second.

The substitutions just made the middle of the pitch more congested. I think the squad would benefit from a pacy wide player, especially with Done playing down the middle.
Match thread on 21:54 - Oct 7 with 5142 viewsSwissdale

Match thread on 21:41 - Oct 7 by isitme

I thought I was watching the Barnsley game all over again. They score against the run of play then sit back. We have a number if half chances in the first half then don't really create much in the second.

The substitutions just made the middle of the pitch more congested. I think the squad would benefit from a pacy wide player, especially with Done playing down the middle.

Spot on. Our plan B is totally ineffective, as it mainly involves lumping it up to a striker who cannot head the ball. Game gradually fizzled out to the point I just wanted the ref to blow the whistle so we could all go home.
Match thread on 22:00 - Oct 7 with 5095 views1907

My god that was crap. Like Saturday but worse.

Muldoon may have something about it.

Rafferty needs some time out of the side. Too much for Cannon he didn't have a good debut what so ever for me. Allen was our best player
Match thread on 22:11 - Oct 7 with 5000 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread on 22:00 - Oct 7 by 1907

My god that was crap. Like Saturday but worse.

Muldoon may have something about it.

Rafferty needs some time out of the side. Too much for Cannon he didn't have a good debut what so ever for me. Allen was our best player

Exactly my thoughts on the game entirely.
Rafferty gave the ball away for their goal which was one of a few times he did it in the game, overall I thought he had a pretty poor game. Midfield role was too much on the night for Cannon, but Muldoon certainly has a lot of pace and looks to be pretty tenacious too.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread on 22:11 - Oct 7 with 4993 viewsJimmyRustler

Rafferty is for sure our weak link. He hasn't got a clue what to do when he gets the ball.

Andrew is a waste of a wage and a joke of a player.

Muldoon looked like he has something about him.

Cannon was a rabbit in the headlights.

Lund needs match fitness yet not in the squad tonight but played instead of Hery in a more important game on Saturday..why?

We were slow, laboured and too easy to read tonight.

Can't believe the ref bottled it with Grimes. The tvvat should have been off.
Match thread on 22:14 - Oct 7 with 4950 viewsolympicdale

Well....that was sh*t

Barnsley Mark II, only we had naff all efforts on goal the only difference between the 2 games. Cannon looked like a lost lamb, Hendo and Done have disappeared the last 2 games and we have no thoughts as to break down defences sitting on a 1-0 lead recently, our play tonight was desperately slow, giving Walsall plenty of time to get bodies back, almost feeling like a training exercise.

We really felt the loss of Dawson, the midfield was non existent at times, Allen marginally the best of the bunch, probably deserved his MOM, but in reality wasn't up against much.

On the positive, good to see Muldoon on the pitch instead of the treatment table.

A good time for a break, get back to basics for the Gillingham game, getting the first goal absolutely vital, or I fear we could be saying the same things again.

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 22:21 - Oct 7 with 4866 viewstazzydjr

Safe to say we've been sussed, hopefully new fresh tactics will be on board then the goal rush will return until then looks like a dry spell

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Match thread on 22:22 - Oct 7 with 4865 viewsBobbyjoe

P3 L3 F0 A4 but at least I saw Muldoon's debut (if, indeed, it was!)! He looks quick. Crosses were woeful all night, particularly from Rafferty. Lot's of possession to no purpose; it wasn't pulling anyone out of position, just giving them time to get organised. Only Hery looked like he might pick the lock.
Match thread on 22:42 - Oct 7 with 4755 viewsboromat

Bad night for team Rochdale.

Players probably had their worst performance of the season and ended up with a result to match. Keith got the second half tactics wrong for me Walsall parked the bus and the four up top just made it look like a crowd of lost sheep in the Walsall box. And finally us supporters didn't exactly turn up in numbers!

Good time for a break I think players can rest and us supporters can save up some money and rest are voices for a week on Saturday.

Up the Dale

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread on 22:50 - Oct 7 with 4695 viewsolympicdale

Match thread on 22:22 - Oct 7 by Bobbyjoe

P3 L3 F0 A4 but at least I saw Muldoon's debut (if, indeed, it was!)! He looks quick. Crosses were woeful all night, particularly from Rafferty. Lot's of possession to no purpose; it wasn't pulling anyone out of position, just giving them time to get organised. Only Hery looked like he might pick the lock.

Hery spent most of the game running down blind alleys, looked to be trying too hard.

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 22:55 - Oct 7 with 4651 viewsJimmyRustler

Am I being harsh if I say that Andrew is on course to be one of the most ineffective strikers to pull on a Dale shirt? He looks completely lost on the pitch. He doesn't even bloody jump! (mostly because he seems to constantly misjudge the flight of an aerial ball) I'm resigned to the fact that the game is lost when we bring him on in search of a goal.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 22:55]
Match thread on 22:57 - Oct 7 with 4630 viewsolympicdale

Match thread on 22:55 - Oct 7 by JimmyRustler

Am I being harsh if I say that Andrew is on course to be one of the most ineffective strikers to pull on a Dale shirt? He looks completely lost on the pitch. He doesn't even bloody jump! (mostly because he seems to constantly misjudge the flight of an aerial ball) I'm resigned to the fact that the game is lost when we bring him on in search of a goal.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 22:55]

As soon as Andrew comes on its clear Hill has lost the plot of what to do, resorting to aimless long balls, he can hold it up well, but as a style of play its very bad to watch.

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 22:57 - Oct 7 with 4628 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 22:50 - Oct 7 by olympicdale

Hery spent most of the game running down blind alleys, looked to be trying too hard.

That's what happens when you play out of your skin and get dropped.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 23:01 - Oct 7 with 4594 viewsBobbyjoe

Match thread on 22:50 - Oct 7 by olympicdale

Possibly, but he was the only one prepared to take a risk. Much easier to have a good game just playing square passes.
Match thread on 23:02 - Oct 7 with 4587 views442Dale

Anyone listened to Hill on Daleplayer and want to let us know what he thought? Ta in advance.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 23:08 - Oct 7 with 4555 viewsleedsdale

Hill says that it was a good League 2 performance against a League 1 side. He feels a little frustrated at the minute with the last two results, not so much the performance on Saturday, but definitely with the performance tonight. He says the break has come at the right time to rest and recuperate, and that the players will be having time off and will be trusted to recover and energise themselves correctly. On Saturday Lancashire, Dawson and O'Connell were carrying injuries but tonight there were no such excuses. Thought Grimes should have been sent off and had a little rant about the ref not applying the laws of the game correctly. Was also at pains to say we are in a good position a quarter of the way through the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024