Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 19:32 - Oct 7 with 8938 viewsrafc1984

Dale XI v Walsall: Logan, Rafferty, Eastham, O'Connell, Kennedy, Hery, Allen, Cannon, Vincenti, Done, Henderson

Dale bench v Walsall: Bennett, Andrew, Muldoon, Diba Musangu, Kisimba
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 19:33]
Match thread on 23:09 - Oct 7 with 2586 viewsD_Alien

Match thread on 22:14 - Oct 7 by olympicdale

Well....that was sh*t

Barnsley Mark II, only we had naff all efforts on goal the only difference between the 2 games. Cannon looked like a lost lamb, Hendo and Done have disappeared the last 2 games and we have no thoughts as to break down defences sitting on a 1-0 lead recently, our play tonight was desperately slow, giving Walsall plenty of time to get bodies back, almost feeling like a training exercise.

We really felt the loss of Dawson, the midfield was non existent at times, Allen marginally the best of the bunch, probably deserved his MOM, but in reality wasn't up against much.

On the positive, good to see Muldoon on the pitch instead of the treatment table.

A good time for a break, get back to basics for the Gillingham game, getting the first goal absolutely vital, or I fear we could be saying the same things again.

I was saying a couple of weeks ago that the high pressing game Done & Hendo were playing couldn't be sustained for long, even with the levels of fitness we bring from the pre-season training.

It reached a peak against Walsall, Coventry and Orient, but the signs of burn-out were already starting to creep in. Neither of them are naturally that type of player. Both rely on sporadic bursts of pace/skill to outfox the opposition. Good on them for giving it a go, and it got us into the top six. Time for something different now, with the option to revert back to those two up top if needed.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread on 23:15 - Oct 7 with 2550 viewsArthurDaley

Glad I had a quiet night in with er indoors. Going through the channels on free view. Channel 722. BBC local radio had the full Dale game. Never heard the commentators before , not the usual ones on GMR. They both said Grimes was lucky not to get sent of after kicking the ball away for the second time.

A large VAT Dave

Match thread on 23:25 - Oct 7 with 2498 viewsolympicdale

Match thread on 23:09 - Oct 7 by D_Alien

I was saying a couple of weeks ago that the high pressing game Done & Hendo were playing couldn't be sustained for long, even with the levels of fitness we bring from the pre-season training.

It reached a peak against Walsall, Coventry and Orient, but the signs of burn-out were already starting to creep in. Neither of them are naturally that type of player. Both rely on sporadic bursts of pace/skill to outfox the opposition. Good on them for giving it a go, and it got us into the top six. Time for something different now, with the option to revert back to those two up top if needed.

They did appear burnt out on Saturday, the scary thing though is that our plan B is non existent at the moment.

Perhaps the option of playing Vincenti further up is a possibility, but we need to develop a higher tempo once more.

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 00:18 - Oct 8 with 2401 viewsmidlandsdale

I think Hilly is right in his assessment of where we are at this point. Lets be honest, we are all happy to be sitting where we are in the table at present.

In terms of the team, i think Hilly has a difficult task in bringing in 'new' players as some will work and others won't. To some extent the forward situation has been hampered by young Muldoon's injury. I am sure Keith was hoping he would be this years Hogan and he was robbed of that due to injury.

Thus he had to try and get some short term replacements which have been in the shape of Andrews & Fenlon. Neither have worked and one has gone back, plus we managed to SELL George. Then we managed to find a surprise solution with our 'false no.9' approach, but this does to some extent depend on us playing from being in front where the opposition are chasing the game, allowing us to pick them off!

Defensively we are greatly improved from the first month, add to that a returning Lund and we have options. I am sure there will be more arrivals and departures as Hilly tries to find a longer term solution up front.

Thing is we all know he will. We just don't know if it will be Muldoon when he finds his fitness levels or a COG type lurking in the reserves somewhere. We need to try and replicate the Cole situation at Barnsley as he looked a class act on Saturday.

Two 1-0 defeats are frustrating but I would rather have beaten Walsall in the league!
Match thread on 00:38 - Oct 8 with 2369 viewsRosun

Bobbins. I'm no football manager but can't understand why Lund started on Saturday but not tonight.
I've got more chance of making it as a professional footballer than Andrew and I'm 3 stone overweight and colour blind too.
Agree about Rafferty. There's no competition for that right back slot, maybe play Tanser there for a laugh. Very disappointed.
Match thread on 07:19 - Oct 8 with 2228 viewsaleanddale

I trust Hilly and the players to have this extended break now and come back stronger v Gillingham on Saturday 18th.

We have a tough run now Gillingham Swindon Yeovil PNE. I am confident the lads will be ready for this mini 4 game run.

First half last night was ok - not as bad as some make out.

Rafferty and TK both guilty of stopping and cutting inside rather than getting past a defender and delivering a telling accurate cross. Our crossing all night was poor.

Thought O Connell and Eastham did well but we are getting into a bad habit of conceeding at 1 or 2 at home with nothing in reply - Posh - Bradford - Barnsley - Walsall JPT.

Good to see Muldoon on the pitch - he will only get better as he gets up to match pace.

Onwards i suppose - Played 11 in league 1 and we are happy. Hoping for at least a 6 point return from the next 4 games.
Match thread on 08:26 - Oct 8 with 2145 viewsbelgiansaddler

Revenge lol. Don't be too down hearted you lot. You are by far best team I have seen this season when you demolished us in the league. I still can't believe you only got 4!!!! Think it's great you are doing so well and have exciting team. Similar to us you have young team and unfortunately kids are not always consistent. Keep the faith and hope you make play offs.
Match thread on 08:41 - Oct 8 with 2122 viewsaleanddale

Match thread on 08:26 - Oct 8 by belgiansaddler

Revenge lol. Don't be too down hearted you lot. You are by far best team I have seen this season when you demolished us in the league. I still can't believe you only got 4!!!! Think it's great you are doing so well and have exciting team. Similar to us you have young team and unfortunately kids are not always consistent. Keep the faith and hope you make play offs.

Thanks for popping on Belgian.

To be fair you also did after the 4-0 mauling 3 weeks back.

Fully deserved that last night your boys they were several notches up in determination and application than what we saw 3 weeks ago. If they are the fringe players then the regular starters should be ashamed.

Play like you did last night and i can see you moving up and staying in the top half.

Good luck in the JPT ( its called Tin Pot for a reason - glad we are out!! ) - Only joking - well done.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 09:49 - Oct 8 with 2038 viewsParkinsGimp

Desperately need a proper centre forward. We all know Andrew is hopeless, and the high pressing game of Hendo & Done will be easily outsmarted , which as commented earlier , seems to have happened.
Surely there is a good centre forward out there somewhere waiting for the chance. I still cannot believe we signed a poor League Two forward with a pathetic scoring record ?????
We have a good chance of finishing in top half ( more prize money) and even maybe a slim chance of the play-offs if we kick on from here and add the players we need.
The pace and passing ability is some of the best in the league that I have seen, kust need that killer touch up front.
Match thread on 09:52 - Oct 8 with 2027 viewsbelgiansaddler

Cheers fella. Tin pot trophy is what it is, nobody cares until they get close to wembley. We have never played at wembley, not sure if Dale have, don't think so. There can't be many clubs who haven't. We belong to an exclusive club lol. Always loved going to Dale, proper club, proper fans and a right good booze. 40 years ago my old man said to me you are a Walsall fan, prepare for a life of misery with the odd good time. He was right lol. All the best for this season, hope you upset a few more teams along the way. We are Walsall, we know we are shite but we don't care. Respect you lot loads more than fans of so called big clubs. Hope your kids make your dreams come true this season. But be careful what you wish for. When we were in championship for a few yearsit was least enjoyable seasons in my lifetime. Lg 1 is our natural level and away matches are much more fun cos we meet proper fans with no hint of trouble, unless we play the welsh scum from Shrewsbury obviously lol. Do you know Stubbsy? Big Walsall fan who moved to Dale and is now big Dale fan. Top man, saw him before the league match. Think he drives your coaches to away matches. Up the Saddlers
Match thread on 09:55 - Oct 8 with 2020 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread on 09:52 - Oct 8 by belgiansaddler

Cheers fella. Tin pot trophy is what it is, nobody cares until they get close to wembley. We have never played at wembley, not sure if Dale have, don't think so. There can't be many clubs who haven't. We belong to an exclusive club lol. Always loved going to Dale, proper club, proper fans and a right good booze. 40 years ago my old man said to me you are a Walsall fan, prepare for a life of misery with the odd good time. He was right lol. All the best for this season, hope you upset a few more teams along the way. We are Walsall, we know we are shite but we don't care. Respect you lot loads more than fans of so called big clubs. Hope your kids make your dreams come true this season. But be careful what you wish for. When we were in championship for a few yearsit was least enjoyable seasons in my lifetime. Lg 1 is our natural level and away matches are much more fun cos we meet proper fans with no hint of trouble, unless we play the welsh scum from Shrewsbury obviously lol. Do you know Stubbsy? Big Walsall fan who moved to Dale and is now big Dale fan. Top man, saw him before the league match. Think he drives your coaches to away matches. Up the Saddlers

Aye, we've had the Wembley experience. Play-off final against Stockport Cheaty. Look where they are now.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread on 10:15 - Oct 8 with 1995 viewsaleanddale

Match thread on 09:55 - Oct 8 by SuddenLad

Aye, we've had the Wembley experience. Play-off final against Stockport Cheaty. Look where they are now.

And they beat us!!

But Yep we have been to the NEW Wembley and very nice it was too!!!

Is he a big fella - think I know him - will definate know his face if he is a regular.

We need to knuckle down now and get ready for Gillingham on the 18th!!
Match thread on 11:51 - Oct 8 with 1926 viewsColDale

Match thread on 00:18 - Oct 8 by midlandsdale

I think Hilly is right in his assessment of where we are at this point. Lets be honest, we are all happy to be sitting where we are in the table at present.

In terms of the team, i think Hilly has a difficult task in bringing in 'new' players as some will work and others won't. To some extent the forward situation has been hampered by young Muldoon's injury. I am sure Keith was hoping he would be this years Hogan and he was robbed of that due to injury.

Thus he had to try and get some short term replacements which have been in the shape of Andrews & Fenlon. Neither have worked and one has gone back, plus we managed to SELL George. Then we managed to find a surprise solution with our 'false no.9' approach, but this does to some extent depend on us playing from being in front where the opposition are chasing the game, allowing us to pick them off!

Defensively we are greatly improved from the first month, add to that a returning Lund and we have options. I am sure there will be more arrivals and departures as Hilly tries to find a longer term solution up front.

Thing is we all know he will. We just don't know if it will be Muldoon when he finds his fitness levels or a COG type lurking in the reserves somewhere. We need to try and replicate the Cole situation at Barnsley as he looked a class act on Saturday.

Two 1-0 defeats are frustrating but I would rather have beaten Walsall in the league!

Agreed.

Didn't go last night, but there seems to be an over reaction to the home defeats, as many seem prone to do these days. We had it in August because we weren't scoring goals. Keith sorted it. Are we suffering now because there's a reaction from the opposition to how we are playing? Probably, but Hilly will sort it.

It's easier to hide away as little Rochdale and catch teams by surprise. "We should be beating teams like Rochdale" caught plenty of teams out and will be viewed by many after September as "Rochdale have had a great start to the season and are playing some great stuff".

It's still a relegation fight until we surpass fifty points, and our great September doesn't suddenly make us promotion candidates. We're still the team with the lowest budget in the division, and we will continue to punch above our weight. We have to accept that to perform as well as we have done, there will be times where things drop, but September didn't happen by accident. If it needs tweaking, it'll get tweaked.
Match thread on 13:44 - Oct 8 with 1820 viewsDaley_Lama

The Dale performance (missed the first 20 minutes) was similiar to the atmmosphere, flat as a pancake.

Great through ball by Ghastley Grimes for their goal, i thought the lad was off-side but there were a couple of times later where he burst through perfectly, so perhaps he timed it right for the goal.

Ghastley would have recieved a yellow for the kicking away incident IF he had not already recieved a yellow. That's refffing, as the Cov manager said, sometimes you know the formula of what is going to happen irrelevant of what has actually happened.

We undoubtedly go long-ball in the last 15 minutes when the opposition retreat into their final 1/6th but up until that point we played as we like to see, albeit ineffectually.

Walsall played well, on the break, and they had their defence back, or most of it at least. It's no surprise that their recent results haven't been the drubbing we gave them.

2 weeks ago Col dared to dream and that is what dreams are, fantasy, imaginative, aspirational.

Now we have the worst striker to pull on a Dale shirt, a FB who is innefective etc etc.

For me I thought we missed Tanser, going forward which is no insult to TK, more a compliment to Tanser as his crossing with his left peg is excellent.

I personally would love to see Hery as the forward central midfielder, as his skill is there for all to see.

Rubbish competition anyway, honest guv.

Poll: DF in or out

Match thread on 16:57 - Oct 8 with 1661 viewsbelgiansaddler

If your question about is a big fella meant is he a fat git then yes! that's the one. Top bloke. The post about over reaction to defeats made me loff! You think it's bad on here you should come on our board after a defeat lol
Match thread on 18:56 - Oct 8 with 1397 viewsBobbyjoe

Match thread on 13:44 - Oct 8 by Daley_Lama

The Dale performance (missed the first 20 minutes) was similiar to the atmmosphere, flat as a pancake.

Great through ball by Ghastley Grimes for their goal, i thought the lad was off-side but there were a couple of times later where he burst through perfectly, so perhaps he timed it right for the goal.

Ghastley would have recieved a yellow for the kicking away incident IF he had not already recieved a yellow. That's refffing, as the Cov manager said, sometimes you know the formula of what is going to happen irrelevant of what has actually happened.

We undoubtedly go long-ball in the last 15 minutes when the opposition retreat into their final 1/6th but up until that point we played as we like to see, albeit ineffectually.

Walsall played well, on the break, and they had their defence back, or most of it at least. It's no surprise that their recent results haven't been the drubbing we gave them.

2 weeks ago Col dared to dream and that is what dreams are, fantasy, imaginative, aspirational.

Now we have the worst striker to pull on a Dale shirt, a FB who is innefective etc etc.

For me I thought we missed Tanser, going forward which is no insult to TK, more a compliment to Tanser as his crossing with his left peg is excellent.

I personally would love to see Hery as the forward central midfielder, as his skill is there for all to see.

Rubbish competition anyway, honest guv.

"That's refffing, as the Cov manager said..." just as the clear foul on Vincenti in the penalty-area early on would have been instantly given anywhere else on the pitch! It's a difficult one. You don't really want to see penalties for that, or sendings-off for the other!
Match thread on 19:23 - Oct 8 with 1355 viewsYouTubeDale

No mention of us hitting the crossbar after their goalie kept out a great free-kick from Hendo. It looked like it was cleared off their line in the first half. And yes it was punted forward long by Logan in the first half, more than once, with Hendo not quite getting the ball under control in a dangerous position. In other words, it nearly worked. To carry on the "poor luck" in the first half, Done couldn't quite get the ball under control for another possible effort on goal. In the second half, later on, we had a number of corners which fell to their players, and Muldoon even had the ball in the back of the net but the whistle had already blown. Also, Henderson had a good shot into the far corner well saved late in the second half. In these respects we were unlucky. Agreed, we weren't at our best, but Walsall weren't better than us.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 19:34]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024