Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Riga is tactically inept 21:42 - Oct 21 with 5438 viewsBertandErnie

Just watched another dull, uninspiring, lacklustre performance and am starting to think Riga is clueless tactically. No pace, no width, too many players staying back, two banks of four and a country mile to the strikers.

Whatever the lack of backing or quality of players, for me he is just a dull manager tactically. I'd sooner lose games 4-0 and have a go. Wondering if he's the manager we all hoped for.
Riga is tactically inept on 21:46 - Oct 21 with 3828 viewsOrioltwins

He seems to have gathered a group of players together who are horribly one dimensional. Whilst none of the teams at the top have battered us, I think we've dragged them to our level! Awful game tonight - they didn't deserve the win but not sure we deserved anything either.

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Riga is tactically inept on 22:24 - Oct 21 with 3762 viewscrewcut

Why do you think he arrived at Blackpool at this moment in time. He's Jose Riga not Jose Mourinho.
Riga is tactically inept on 22:29 - Oct 21 with 3757 viewsTrashcan_Man

I disagree. Not one single Blackpool player would get in the Derby team - I doubt anyone would get on the bench but we matched them and it took a penalty to beat us. With a little luck - MIller's shot and Delfonso's screwed effort, we'd have been ahead. I'm not saying we'd have won but we would have been ahead and they had to work very hard for their three points.
I didn't see two banks of 4 either. We were playing 4-2-3-1 with Oriol and Delfonso dropping back to support the fullbacks to make it 4-4-1-1 when they pushed us - and in the first half they were on the back foot.

13 shots - 9 corners. It certainly wasn't Ince football was it?

Edit - ok - I've realised I DID see two banks of four...
[Post edited 21 Oct 2014 22:31]
Riga is tactically inept on 22:45 - Oct 21 with 3730 viewsdodgy_surname

Oyston is the inept one, if Riga had the same backing as Ollie had from Belekon we would be laughing!
Riga is tactically inept on 22:53 - Oct 21 with 3719 viewsstu

Wouldn't mind getting Jordan Ibe on loan

Tangerine is the new black

Riga is tactically inept on 23:32 - Oct 21 with 3669 viewshertfordseasider

Riga is tactically inept on 22:53 - Oct 21 by stu

Wouldn't mind getting Jordan Ibe on loan

Unbelievable! I despair, what a terrible O/P, the problem isn't Riga FFS! Open your eyes! Weren't Bert and Ernie Muppets?
Riga is tactically inept on 23:54 - Oct 21 with 3654 viewsGrayth

We have a squad packed with players who aren't good enough due to Oyston's greed. Yet you blame the manager?

You're part of the problem. THINK.
Riga is tactically inept on 23:56 - Oct 21 with 3651 viewsKOSBowlCut

Riga is tactically inept on 23:32 - Oct 21 by hertfordseasider

Unbelievable! I despair, what a terrible O/P, the problem isn't Riga FFS! Open your eyes! Weren't Bert and Ernie Muppets?

Hertford - you have to admit that he's not playing the best football ever at Bloomfield Road? One win in fourteen games is hardly the most dazzling credentials.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes but surely he must have realised by now we have no goalscorer and no decent passing midfielder in the side and it still hasn't been addressed.

Is that Riga's fault or Oyston's fault? Will we ever know but it just felt tonight as if Riga lacked the balls to let his players go and win that game.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Login to get fewer ads

Riga is tactically inept on 00:01 - Oct 22 with 3647 views1953Original

Riga is tactically inept on 23:56 - Oct 21 by KOSBowlCut

Hertford - you have to admit that he's not playing the best football ever at Bloomfield Road? One win in fourteen games is hardly the most dazzling credentials.

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes but surely he must have realised by now we have no goalscorer and no decent passing midfielder in the side and it still hasn't been addressed.

Is that Riga's fault or Oyston's fault? Will we ever know but it just felt tonight as if Riga lacked the balls to let his players go and win that game.

I do think it's time to separate the two things which few have actually done.

We know what Karl is - it's been widely discussed, he has ruined the club, he has no idea how to run it and he is basically clueless.

However, that doesn't mean we can't also look at Riga and the way that the team is playing. These aren't players who have no pedigree - most have played in the Championship and they should be doing better than one win in fourteen. So how much of the can does the manager have to carry?

Nothing wrong with asking the question without those who are asking it being accused of being muppets!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Riga is tactically inept on 00:04 - Oct 22 with 3644 viewshertfordseasider

I know who I blame, it doesn't matter who the manager is, 4 wins in the last 42 league games and 3 managers. Of course it is the O's fault, if I need to explain why then what is the point?
Riga is tactically inept on 00:06 - Oct 22 with 3642 viewshertfordseasider

Riga is tactically inept on 00:04 - Oct 22 by hertfordseasider

I know who I blame, it doesn't matter who the manager is, 4 wins in the last 42 league games and 3 managers. Of course it is the O's fault, if I need to explain why then what is the point?

I give in, this place is unreal!
Riga is tactically inept on 00:17 - Oct 22 with 3633 viewsGrayth

"Is that Riga's fault or Oyston's fault? Will we ever know..."

Astonishing.
Riga is tactically inept on 00:22 - Oct 22 with 3629 viewsPoolman

Riga is tactically inept on 00:17 - Oct 22 by Grayth

"Is that Riga's fault or Oyston's fault? Will we ever know..."

Astonishing.

Going back to the title of the o/p I don't believe Riga is tactically inept but his hands are tied with what he has. No one to change things up front when they can bring on a wealth of talent reflects the gulf between the teams.

Players who score goals cost money and therein (as I think Herts is trying to say) lies the problem.

Whether Riga has the contacts, the desire or the backing to bring in who he needs is the question.

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Riga is tactically inept on 00:32 - Oct 22 with 3625 viewswe_are_Superior

Riga is tactically inept on 00:22 - Oct 22 by Poolman

Going back to the title of the o/p I don't believe Riga is tactically inept but his hands are tied with what he has. No one to change things up front when they can bring on a wealth of talent reflects the gulf between the teams.

Players who score goals cost money and therein (as I think Herts is trying to say) lies the problem.

Whether Riga has the contacts, the desire or the backing to bring in who he needs is the question.

Herts - your spot on - however, has Riga impressed tactically? For me he's been a disappointment. Expected exciting wing play and real uptempo pace like we saw when Charlton came to BR.

Yeah of course KO is to blame but no harm people talking about tactics. Be boring if we didn't!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Riga is tactically inept on 00:43 - Oct 22 with 3619 viewsBertandErnie

Herts - we're on the same side here - the O's make my skin crawl and what they have done is an absolute tragedy - however I am entitled to watch the game as a football fan and I thought as I said in the o/p that tonight Riga got it wrong, was too safe and even when we went 1-0 down didn't seem to want to get anything from the game.

Either way we agree the O's are to blame!!
Riga is tactically inept on 06:52 - Oct 22 with 3589 viewsPoolseasider

Riga is tactically inept on 00:43 - Oct 22 by BertandErnie

Herts - we're on the same side here - the O's make my skin crawl and what they have done is an absolute tragedy - however I am entitled to watch the game as a football fan and I thought as I said in the o/p that tonight Riga got it wrong, was too safe and even when we went 1-0 down didn't seem to want to get anything from the game.

Either way we agree the O's are to blame!!

Our forwards are the main problem spoke to someone last week who saw them doing shot practice at BR and they where shocked how bad the lot where.
Same again last night put it in the net different game.
Riga is tactically inept on 07:28 - Oct 22 with 3572 viewspah43

Riga is tactically inept on 06:52 - Oct 22 by Poolseasider

Our forwards are the main problem spoke to someone last week who saw them doing shot practice at BR and they where shocked how bad the lot where.
Same again last night put it in the net different game.

So why no Nile Ranger last night. Has he been sidelined? Tom Barkhuizen out on loan too!
Riga is tactically inept on 09:49 - Oct 22 with 3532 viewsLala

Riga is tactically inept on 07:28 - Oct 22 by pah43

So why no Nile Ranger last night. Has he been sidelined? Tom Barkhuizen out on loan too!

' I think we've dragged them to our level! '

That can happen can't it.

I don't think we will ever know what calibre manager Riga is until he leaves our club, and has a long run at a club where spending isn't as much of a problem...........if this ever happens.

I still think ,despite the obvious mitigating factors, the longer he stays with us, and with the current form continuing, the more it will affect his cv and managerial worth.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Riga is tactically inept on 10:05 - Oct 22 with 3524 viewsAVFTTConvert

Tactically inept may be harsh as I pretty much thought we got it right first half but there doesn't seem to be a Plan B which could have more to do with how weak the bench is than tactical ineptitude.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Riga is tactically inept on 10:37 - Oct 22 with 3507 viewsTangent

Oyston won't need to sack Jose Riga...the fans especially some on this forum will do it for him. Go and hang your heads in shame you don't deserve a decent manager. This forum needs retitling to "AVFOT" = Apologists View from Oyston Tower.

Some supporters "REALLY" do deserver the club they are going to get.

Ollie finally gave up, Appleton couldn't wait to get out, Ince didn't have a list allegedly, Barry wasn't a manager but was the CHEAP option who tried his best under very difficult circumstances. So we now have Riga who, is trying to win championship games with League 2 Players yet some on here are saying he's tactically inept... Jesus wept I give up.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Riga is tactically inept on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 3499 viewsSteveBanksDiscoPants

Riga is tactically inept on 10:37 - Oct 22 by Tangent

Oyston won't need to sack Jose Riga...the fans especially some on this forum will do it for him. Go and hang your heads in shame you don't deserve a decent manager. This forum needs retitling to "AVFOT" = Apologists View from Oyston Tower.

Some supporters "REALLY" do deserver the club they are going to get.

Ollie finally gave up, Appleton couldn't wait to get out, Ince didn't have a list allegedly, Barry wasn't a manager but was the CHEAP option who tried his best under very difficult circumstances. So we now have Riga who, is trying to win championship games with League 2 Players yet some on here are saying he's tactically inept... Jesus wept I give up.

Riga has to take some blame. Totally negative last night. No wing play. 2 banks of four, massive gap between midfield and Miller. He needs to give up this trying to nick a 1-0. Oh...and John Lundstram is the most pointless player since John Doolan.
Riga is tactically inept on 11:01 - Oct 22 with 3493 viewsstraightatthewall

Riga is tactically inept on 10:51 - Oct 22 by SteveBanksDiscoPants

Riga has to take some blame. Totally negative last night. No wing play. 2 banks of four, massive gap between midfield and Miller. He needs to give up this trying to nick a 1-0. Oh...and John Lundstram is the most pointless player since John Doolan.

Jane,

who would you play to make things better?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Riga is tactically inept on 11:03 - Oct 22 with 3492 viewsLala

Riga is tactically inept on 11:01 - Oct 22 by straightatthewall

Jane,

who would you play to make things better?

Has Jane posted on this thread ??

Riga is tactically inept on 11:22 - Oct 22 with 3477 viewsSteveBanksDiscoPants

Riga is tactically inept on 11:03 - Oct 22 by Lala

Has Jane posted on this thread ??

Ranger (reluctantly) in a 2 up top with Miller. Cywka as a regular winger. It's not just the personnel which I accept are short, and haven't got the quality. I just think we are constantly sitting with 2 deep banks of 4, which is way too negative at home.

And yes Lala ..I did post :-)
Riga is tactically inept on 11:25 - Oct 22 with 3471 viewsLala

Riga is tactically inept on 11:22 - Oct 22 by SteveBanksDiscoPants

Ranger (reluctantly) in a 2 up top with Miller. Cywka as a regular winger. It's not just the personnel which I accept are short, and haven't got the quality. I just think we are constantly sitting with 2 deep banks of 4, which is way too negative at home.

And yes Lala ..I did post :-)

Ah - are you Jane then as well as Jane Gallagher or are you one and the same ?

And top response btw

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024