Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll 21:26 - Oct 25 with 5785 viewsThe_Doorman

Anyone seen him ever pass the ball forward for us?!
[Post edited 25 Oct 2014 21:26]
Tom Carroll on 09:37 - Oct 26 with 1496 viewsjack247

Tom Carroll on 09:27 - Oct 26 by premierjack

Sometimes I find these posts hard to read. People having a go at the kid haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Have you ever thought that Monk has asked him to play that way? He came on to tighten us up, keep the ball as he did very well.

I really don't get all the critism o the players and the manager lately, no doubt if monk had brought on a forward thinking midfielder for Gylfi and Leicester came back into the game, he would have been slagged off for that too.

Tom Caroll is a tidy player, he hasn't come through academy football, holding his place in front of bigger kids for no reason. And as for the comment about him going to the gym ..... You must be a prime candidate for the England managers job thinking that you need to be big to play football.

He is decent enough, but if we have brought him in just to retain possession when we are protecting a lead, we could have done better.

I doubt he would have been happy to come and Tottenham would have been happy to let him if that was what we wanted him for anyway. Monk must have seen something in him, but I'll hold my hands up and say I can't see what it was.
Tom Carroll on 09:44 - Oct 26 with 1477 viewsBillyChong

God help him if he'd tried a champagne pass and lost possession from which we conceded. 2-0 up, keep the ball, nice and simple, run the clock down and bag 3 points. Simple.
Tom Carroll on 09:50 - Oct 26 with 1455 viewsoldcob

When he came on we were already 2-0 up, he didn't need to risk giving the ball away by trying speculative balls forward, possession was the priority, didn't really matter which direction he passed it as long as we kept the ball and saw the game out. Its what GM has been on about when talking about 'game management'
Tom Carroll on 09:52 - Oct 26 with 1452 viewspremierjack

Tom Carroll on 09:37 - Oct 26 by jack247

He is decent enough, but if we have brought him in just to retain possession when we are protecting a lead, we could have done better.

I doubt he would have been happy to come and Tottenham would have been happy to let him if that was what we wanted him for anyway. Monk must have seen something in him, but I'll hold my hands up and say I can't see what it was.

Give him a break. A lot if people said the same about joe Allen, and look where he is now. A lot was mentioned about Leon brittons size, he ain't doing to bad is he?

About time our so called fans stick by the players and try and build their confidence, rather than try and destroy it!
Tom Carroll on 09:59 - Oct 26 with 1442 viewsjack247

Tom Carroll on 09:52 - Oct 26 by premierjack

Give him a break. A lot if people said the same about joe Allen, and look where he is now. A lot was mentioned about Leon brittons size, he ain't doing to bad is he?

About time our so called fans stick by the players and try and build their confidence, rather than try and destroy it!

I haven't mentioned his size at all.

Leon Britton and Joe Allen are simply better players, that's why one is our midfield lynchpin and the other plays for Liverpool.

I accept and hope he could prove me wrong, as Ki has, but at the moment I would think Josh McEcharan would be a more accurate comparison than Leon or Joe.

Just so you know, being a fan isn't all about saying all our players are fantastic.
Tom Carroll on 10:14 - Oct 26 with 1423 viewsTreforys_Jack

It was Carroll who passed the ball forward for JJS to shoot and hit the bar, but don't let facts get in the way of giving someone a kicking.
Tom Carroll on 13:39 - Oct 26 with 1348 viewspremierjack

Tom Carroll on 09:59 - Oct 26 by jack247

I haven't mentioned his size at all.

Leon Britton and Joe Allen are simply better players, that's why one is our midfield lynchpin and the other plays for Liverpool.

I accept and hope he could prove me wrong, as Ki has, but at the moment I would think Josh McEcharan would be a more accurate comparison than Leon or Joe.

Just so you know, being a fan isn't all about saying all our players are fantastic.

Was Leon a better player than Tom at the age Tom is now? Was Leon a better player when he was playing in all the football league divisions? Leon has simply found the perfect team for him and likewise, we have found the perfect player for our team. He would not suit many other teams, the reality is he prob wouldn't get in many other prem starting sides.

I think Tom Caroll could be the same for us given time.
Tom Carroll on 13:45 - Oct 26 with 1339 viewsSkipTheJack

I really like him. Good technique, good workrate and doesn't shy away from the ball. Very much a typical Swansea City player for me. I think that given a run in the team he'd turn into a very good player by the end of the season.

Unless we have some injuries, though, I'm not sure if he's going to get the game time he was hoping to get here.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll on 13:48 - Oct 26 with 1332 viewsMrSwan

He can learn off Leon and maybe Shelvey can teach him how to ping an accurate 45 yard ball.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Tom Carroll on 13:52 - Oct 26 with 1326 viewsjack247

Tom Carroll on 13:39 - Oct 26 by premierjack

Was Leon a better player than Tom at the age Tom is now? Was Leon a better player when he was playing in all the football league divisions? Leon has simply found the perfect team for him and likewise, we have found the perfect player for our team. He would not suit many other teams, the reality is he prob wouldn't get in many other prem starting sides.

I think Tom Caroll could be the same for us given time.

I'm not saying Tom Carroll won't be a great player in the future. What I am saying is that he doesn't bring a lot to the table for us at this moment in time.

If we are looking to nurture Carroll and sign him at the end of the season, I can see the logic. He may end up being the next Britton. Otherwise, time is something you don't want to give a loan player, there is more pressure on them to hit the ground running.
Tom Carroll on 15:05 - Oct 26 with 1292 viewsChief

No world beater, but does what he does well. When we are 2-0 up, is there anything wrong with bringing on a midfielder who doesn't pass it forward at every opportunity?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tom Carroll on 15:06 - Oct 26 with 1287 viewsDr_Winston

Tom Carroll on 15:05 - Oct 26 by Chief

No world beater, but does what he does well. When we are 2-0 up, is there anything wrong with bringing on a midfielder who doesn't pass it forward at every opportunity?

Depends who the opposition is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tom Carroll on 15:12 - Oct 26 with 1280 viewsPrivate_Partz

Tom Carroll on 15:05 - Oct 26 by Chief

I think he is a very meat little player who keeps things ticking over. Very much in the style of Leon dare I say.
He is still settling in and can only get better. Probably will start at L pool.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Tom Carroll on 18:14 - Oct 26 with 1216 viewsChief

Tom Carroll on 15:06 - Oct 26 by Dr_Winston

Depends who the opposition is.

obviously, horses for courses.

but it was a decent option yesterday

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tom Carroll on 19:05 - Oct 26 with 1184 viewsLeonisGod

Tom Carroll on 09:27 - Oct 26 by premierjack

Sometimes I find these posts hard to read. People having a go at the kid haven't got a clue what they are talking about. Have you ever thought that Monk has asked him to play that way? He came on to tighten us up, keep the ball as he did very well.

I really don't get all the critism o the players and the manager lately, no doubt if monk had brought on a forward thinking midfielder for Gylfi and Leicester came back into the game, he would have been slagged off for that too.

Tom Caroll is a tidy player, he hasn't come through academy football, holding his place in front of bigger kids for no reason. And as for the comment about him going to the gym ..... You must be a prime candidate for the England managers job thinking that you need to be big to play football.

That was me that mentioned the gym. I like him, he's got the technical ability and bags of energy. But he's still a bit lightweight, that's obvious (to me at least, maybe I'm alone). Obviously size isn't essential for a good footballer, and we should know that better than anyone with the titches we have in our team. But the likes of Routs and Leon are stronger on the ball. Joey was as well. Tom's a water carrier. To be a really good one he needs to be able to win his 1 on 1 battles. The rest (passing, movement, reading the game) appears to be coming along nicely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024