Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) 16:59 - Nov 29 with 2955 viewsTummer_from_Texas

And only 3 points gained from a losing one.

19 points at this stage would have sounded wonderful back in August, yet I am so damned disappointed. Guess I'm greedy.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:02 - Nov 29 with 2366 viewsshandyjack

it's worrying, we seem to sit back so deep after we score, couldn't make todays game, was it the same case today?

Poll: Expectation for the season

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:05 - Nov 29 with 2347 viewsTummer_from_Texas

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:02 - Nov 29 by shandyjack

it's worrying, we seem to sit back so deep after we score, couldn't make todays game, was it the same case today?

Yes - very dominant until we scored (as dominant as we've looked all season); from then on it was a completely different game.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:06 - Nov 29 with 2333 viewsshandyjack

it's crazy, never understand why we do it. We should be pushing on to get a 2nd when we are on top.

Poll: Expectation for the season

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:07 - Nov 29 with 2331 viewsMrSwan

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:05 - Nov 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yes - very dominant until we scored (as dominant as we've looked all season); from then on it was a completely different game.

i wouldn't have said we dropped to deep we just did nothing but at the end of the day its a point 3 would have been better but it could well be an important point.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:13 - Nov 29 with 2282 viewsNOTRAC

Poor dislay today Never took our chances.
In the second half made a poor side look good
Last twenty minutes the ball was kicked upfield in the air more times than I,ve seen since our second division days.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:23 - Nov 29 with 2235 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Yes only 18 shots on their goal while we were "sitting back".
13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:47 - Nov 29 with 2166 viewsLeonisGod

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:02 - Nov 29 by shandyjack

No we didn't sit back and camp on the edge of our box like we have done at times under Garry. But we lost shape and struggled to string a handful of passes together. We had the better chances in the 2nd (and first even after they scored) but our general build up play in the 2nd was feckin awful. Ignore the stats on this one, Palace looked sharper on the ball in the middle by a long way.
13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:58 - Nov 29 with 2135 viewsmorningstar

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 17:47 - Nov 29 by LeonisGod

No we didn't sit back and camp on the edge of our box like we have done at times under Garry. But we lost shape and struggled to string a handful of passes together. We had the better chances in the 2nd (and first even after they scored) but our general build up play in the 2nd was feckin awful. Ignore the stats on this one, Palace looked sharper on the ball in the middle by a long way.

If we hadn't lost those 13 points, we'd currently be leading the prem by 3 points!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 18:01 - Nov 29 with 2122 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I should have clarified - true we didn't sit back, but once again the game changed immediately after we score. Really frustrating. Perhaps they need to keep the scoreboard showing "0-0" after we score our 1st goal at Liberty.

POTY 2015

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 19:09 - Nov 29 with 2053 viewsSwansNZ

No, we were still by far the better team and attacking, but the Bony gave the ball away, Palace broke and won a corner, which we didn't clear and the ref decided to give them a penalty. First time they did anything.

Palace were better after that, but we still had a few very good chances to win it.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 19:12 - Nov 29 with 2043 viewsJackFish

6 of those points were against Man City and Chelsea away, games we wouldn't have expected to get anything from anyway, just happened to take early leads in both games.

Another three against Stoke when we were fvcked over by an incompetent ref and it doesn't really look too bad.
13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 19:13 - Nov 29 with 2039 viewsmonmouth

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 18:01 - Nov 29 by Tummer_from_Texas

I should have clarified - true we didn't sit back, but once again the game changed immediately after we score. Really frustrating. Perhaps they need to keep the scoreboard showing "0-0" after we score our 1st goal at Liberty.

I thought that the game changed after they scored not after we scored. Poor performance but with the chances we still should have put them away. It happens,and a point is a point. On we go. Disappointing, but no one needs to open a vein!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 19:16 - Nov 29 with 2032 viewsSwansNZ

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 19:13 - Nov 29 by monmouth

I thought that the game changed after they scored not after we scored. Poor performance but with the chances we still should have put them away. It happens,and a point is a point. On we go. Disappointing, but no one needs to open a vein!

Gayle going off also helped them, they were better in midfield after that. Before, we were getting all the loose ball in midfield.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 20:05 - Nov 29 with 1976 viewsjacksfullaces

montero appeared to pick up an injury around half way through the first half (he was doing a 'chambers' up until then) when he seemed to become far less effective, but stayed on until the end.
13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 20:55 - Nov 29 with 1917 viewscontroversial_jack

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 20:05 - Nov 29 by jacksfullaces

montero appeared to pick up an injury around half way through the first half (he was doing a 'chambers' up until then) when he seemed to become far less effective, but stayed on until the end.

They knobbled him, as he was seen as the danger man
13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 21:20 - Nov 29 with 1893 viewsScoobyWho

Some would say this stat shows a lack of character.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 05:33 - Nov 30 with 1788 viewsDr_Winston

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 19:09 - Nov 29 by SwansNZ

No, we were still by far the better team and attacking, but the Bony gave the ball away, Palace broke and won a corner, which we didn't clear and the ref decided to give them a penalty. First time they did anything.

Palace were better after that, but we still had a few very good chances to win it.

Bony did indeed give the ball away, but it was a shite pass to him from Ki. He had 20/25 yards of space to carry the ball into yet he chose to play a risky pass instead.

That's one of the things we could do better. Gaps often open up when confident players run at them or into space with the ball yet we often chose to pass it to men with none instead.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 08:20 - Nov 30 with 1724 viewsmonmouth

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 05:33 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Bony did indeed give the ball away, but it was a shite pass to him from Ki. He had 20/25 yards of space to carry the ball into yet he chose to play a risky pass instead.

That's one of the things we could do better. Gaps often open up when confident players run at them or into space with the ball yet we often chose to pass it to men with none instead.

I think that's been an issue for years. Yesterday the only ones doing it were Williams and Bart, and even they looked dangerous! That's what I thought Shelves brings,but he's stopped doing it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 08:35 - Nov 30 with 1715 viewsDr_Winston

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 08:20 - Nov 30 by monmouth

I think that's been an issue for years. Yesterday the only ones doing it were Williams and Bart, and even they looked dangerous! That's what I thought Shelves brings,but he's stopped doing it.

One of the first things Barrow did after coming was attack space and Palace shat themselves. All players hate having someone run at them.

We tried to pass our way around two well organised banks of four and it didn't work. Gets a bit frustrating watching players look for a pass when they're in acres of space and defenders are retreating.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 8:38]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 09:42 - Nov 30 with 1660 viewsVetchitBack

I think that's what separates us from the real top six. Not scoring first away at Chelsea and Man City then losing but being one-nil up to Palace at home, bloody steam-rolling them and then not winning.

This is probably the only area Monk seriously needs to work on. Remember we very nearly let Leicester and Burnley back in in similar fashion.

Whether it's mental, physical or tactical it's definitely a pattern. And it's against inferior sides at home.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 9:48]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 10:09 - Nov 30 with 1629 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No. You are unrealistic and ungrateful according to "the sheep".
I think it's a perfectly reasonable point of view however

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 10:14 - Nov 30 with 1617 viewsBrynmill_Jack

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 05:33 - Nov 30 by Dr_Winston

Modou Barrow is the only Swans player I've seen this season to run aggressively and directly at opponents . Why? Even Chico carried the ball forward on times last season. It's a pity Garry decided he couldn't get on with him and binned him.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 11:40 - Nov 30 with 1555 viewsDJack

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 10:14 - Nov 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Modou Barrow is the only Swans player I've seen this season to run aggressively and directly at opponents . Why? Even Chico carried the ball forward on times last season. It's a pity Garry decided he couldn't get on with him and binned him.

"It's a pity Garry decided he couldn't get on with him and binned him."

Sorry Brynnie but you're talking rubbish. Garry publicly stated that he didn't want him to go and I'm fairly certain Chico said the money offered was too much to turn down... but no, let's blame Garry

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 11:49 - Nov 30 with 1536 viewsDarran

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 11:40 - Nov 30 by DJack

"It's a pity Garry decided he couldn't get on with him and binned him."

Sorry Brynnie but you're talking rubbish. Garry publicly stated that he didn't want him to go and I'm fairly certain Chico said the money offered was too much to turn down... but no, let's blame Garry

Don't worry about it he just wants Monk to fail,he'll probably come back quite angry shortly but Brynnie and several of the agenda boys can't handle the FACT that Garry's done very well thus far.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

13 points lost from a winning position (worst in PL) on 12:00 - Nov 30 with 1512 viewsjack247

Pure stats can almost always be manipulated. If we have lost the most points from winning positions, I would guess stats would show we have also taken the lead more often than the vast majority of teams.

The most important one shows we are 7th in the league
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024