Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub food in Swansea 17:44 - Dec 31 with 10998 viewscsf

Any recommendations for decent pub food in Swansea. Mother in Law's birthday tomorrow so want to take her out, nothing majorly fancy just decent pub grub. Been to Mary Dilwyn, Hen Derwen etc so similar is good.

Thanks
Pub food in Swansea on 08:36 - Jan 5 with 3592 viewsJackfath

The Reverend James in Loughor.

Outstanding.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pub food in Swansea on 09:48 - Jan 5 with 3559 viewsdickythorpe

The Bryngwyn in Pwll (same chain in Waunarlwydd) is outstanding.
Pub food in Swansea on 16:46 - Mar 13 with 3409 viewsDyfnant

Anywhere in the swansea area do a decent Lamb Shank (cockernies need not reply)

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Pub food in Swansea on 07:51 - Mar 14 with 3288 viewsEdmundo

Pub food in Swansea on 18:51 - Dec 31 by saawonzee

Plough and harrow llansamlet...superb pub grub...highly recommend there pal

Gone to the dogs that pub. About to be re-opened with new landlords....going to stay Marstons though.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Pub food in Swansea on 08:08 - Mar 14 with 3280 viewsAndy1300

Pub food in Swansea on 08:36 - Jan 5 by Jackfath

Outstanding.

Went there once, nothing special

Number 1 team in Wales

Pub food in Swansea on 08:36 - Mar 14 with 3267 viewsjack247

In Swansea itself, I don't really know. If you don't mind going further afield. I would recommend

The Greyhound in North Gower
The Kingsbridge (I think it's called) in Kingsbridge funnily enough
The King Arthur in Reynoldston

All home cooked and quality, none of this pre cooked gash you get in sizzler pubs etc

I haven't been to it, but everyone who has, seems to rave about the Abercrave Inn.
Pub food in Swansea on 09:05 - Mar 14 with 3247 viewsjackal

Better book as soon as possible.

Everywhere will be busy as it's Mother's Day.
Pub food in Swansea on 09:40 - Mar 14 with 3226 viewsbuilthjack

Pub food in Swansea on 08:36 - Mar 14 by jack247

In Swansea itself, I don't really know. If you don't mind going further afield. I would recommend

The Greyhound in North Gower
The Kingsbridge (I think it's called) in Kingsbridge funnily enough
The King Arthur in Reynoldston

All home cooked and quality, none of this pre cooked gash you get in sizzler pubs etc

I haven't been to it, but everyone who has, seems to rave about the Abercrave Inn.

Abercrave Arms excellent. I went home from a game that way a few months ago, stopped there.
Excellent meal. Plenty of choice. Not a chain, so some choices that you wouldn't get in your chain pubs.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Pub food in Swansea on 09:47 - Mar 14 with 3222 viewsjack247

Pub food in Swansea on 09:40 - Mar 14 by builthjack

Abercrave Arms excellent. I went home from a game that way a few months ago, stopped there.
Excellent meal. Plenty of choice. Not a chain, so some choices that you wouldn't get in your chain pubs.

Yeah, it must be Abercrave Arms not Inn. I haven't heard a single bad word about the place. It's just so bloody far away
Pub food in Swansea on 15:45 - Mar 17 with 3113 viewsDyfnant

Pub food in Swansea on 08:36 - Jan 5 by Jackfath

Outstanding.

Had the 16oz mixed grill yesterday, probably the best steak I've ever had on one. Cooked perfectly too

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Pub food in Swansea on 16:21 - Mar 17 with 3106 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pub food in Swansea on 00:25 - Jan 3 by swanduck

Was at The George in Mumbles today thought it was nice.

Took a girl to the George not so long back . She had a lasagne which was basically cheese melted over bolognese sauce (no pasta) which she only told me tasted iffy when we got home. She then proceeded to burp rather alarmingly although it wasn't until after our Sunday dinner the next day that it came up, with the solidified cheese STILL intact!

I'm afraid it's a no from me, Geoff
[Post edited 17 Mar 2015 16:24]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Pub food in Swansea on 17:01 - Mar 17 with 3087 viewsFlashberryjack

Pub food in Swansea on 09:47 - Mar 14 by jack247

Yeah, it must be Abercrave Arms not Inn. I haven't heard a single bad word about the place. It's just so bloody far away

Abercrave Inn

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pub food in Swansea on 19:14 - Mar 17 with 3046 viewsmax936

Get down the Queens in the Marina for a lunch time scoff excellent value and food and its all home cooked.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Pub food in Swansea on 19:29 - Mar 17 with 3036 viewsLord_Bony

Revolution Vodka Bar in Wind St

The steak with vodka sauce is lushhhh.

Great atmosphere tidy grub..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pub food in Swansea on 20:08 - Mar 17 with 3015 viewsBanosswan

Pub food in Swansea on 09:47 - Mar 14 by jack247

Inn. Drive a little past there and try the ancient Briton.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Pub food in Swansea on 20:27 - Mar 17 with 2930 viewsbuilthjack

Pub food in Swansea on 16:21 - Mar 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Took a girl to the George not so long back . She had a lasagne which was basically cheese melted over bolognese sauce (no pasta) which she only told me tasted iffy when we got home. She then proceeded to burp rather alarmingly although it wasn't until after our Sunday dinner the next day that it came up, with the solidified cheese STILL intact!

Did you dump her after spewing?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pub food in Swansea on 20:30 - Mar 17 with 2926 viewsbuilthjack

Pub food in Swansea on 09:40 - Mar 14 by builthjack

It was the Abercrave Inn, just checked the website.

Pub food in Swansea on 20:37 - Mar 17 with 2921 viewsFlashberryjack

Pub food in Swansea on 20:08 - Mar 17 by Banosswan

Inn. Drive a little past there and try the ancient Briton.

Nice food....but a little pricey

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pub food in Swansea on 21:09 - Mar 17 with 2894 viewsLord_Bony

Pub food in Swansea on 20:27 - Mar 17 by builthjack

Sounds a very romantic evening

Btw one of the worse things any one can do on a first date is east bologanise and garlic bread...don t do it guys there is no way you can look cool eating it...and it bogs of garlic afterwards....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pub food in Swansea on 02:05 - Mar 18 with 2841 viewsswanduck

Pub food in Swansea on 16:21 - Mar 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Aw we went in quite a big group and all enjoyed it, thought it had a bit of a different menu for a gain as well. Can't remember what I had though possibly chilli?
Pub food in Swansea on 11:19 - Mar 18 with 2796 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Pub food in Swansea on 20:27 - Mar 17 by builthjack

No. I f*cked her

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Pub food in Swansea on 09:40 - Mar 19 with 2709 viewsJonJack

The New Inn in Clydach has excellent food.

They were taken over at the end of October and hired the Chef from the Millers Arms in Ynystawe which always used to be a favourite of mine.
Pub food in Swansea on 09:47 - Mar 24 with 2586 viewsPegojack

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but need a recommendation for a pub Sunday pub lunch in Swansea area, coming down and taking my old mum out this Sunday.

Mixed views on here about Plough and Harrow, Llansamlet, what's the latest on that?
Pub food in Swansea on 09:56 - Mar 24 with 2575 viewsDarran

Pub food in Swansea on 09:47 - Mar 24 by Pegojack

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but need a recommendation for a pub Sunday pub lunch in Swansea area, coming down and taking my old mum out this Sunday.

Mixed views on here about Plough and Harrow, Llansamlet, what's the latest on that?

Has it got to be Swansea the Green Acres in Cornelly is tidy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pub food in Swansea on 09:59 - Mar 24 with 2571 viewsPegojack

Pub food in Swansea on 09:56 - Mar 24 by Darran

Has it got to be Swansea the Green Acres in Cornelly is tidy.

Hi Darran, no it doesn;t have to be Swansea, i was thinking of a little drive along the Mumbles after, but Porthcawl would be just as good. Green Acres good, is it? Never heard of it before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024