Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pub food in Swansea 17:44 - Dec 31 with 10999 viewscsf

Any recommendations for decent pub food in Swansea. Mother in Law's birthday tomorrow so want to take her out, nothing majorly fancy just decent pub grub. Been to Mary Dilwyn, Hen Derwen etc so similar is good.

Thanks
Pub food in Swansea on 10:08 - Mar 24 with 1862 viewsDarran

Pub food in Swansea on 09:59 - Mar 24 by Pegojack

Hi Darran, no it doesn;t have to be Swansea, i was thinking of a little drive along the Mumbles after, but Porthcawl would be just as good. Green Acres good, is it? Never heard of it before.

We go there often cracking homemade deserts too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pub food in Swansea on 11:18 - Mar 24 with 1821 viewsPrivate_Partz

Pub food in Swansea on 19:14 - Mar 17 by max936

Get down the Queens in the Marina for a lunch time scoff excellent value and food and its all home cooked.

Spot on. Excellent food and outstanding value but you need to get there just before 12 when it all starts. Such a shame they only do lunchtimes.
This thread shows how bereft we are of decent pub food in Swansea. I am in the Killay / Dunvant area and most places serve up mediocre food at best.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Pub food in Swansea on 11:25 - Mar 24 with 1819 viewsairedale

Pub food in Swansea on 21:07 - Jan 1 by Andy1300

Also the riverside in Gorseinon is lovely

Which, funnily enough, is where Chris Seager started, before moving on to the Porterhouse in Loughor and thence to said Waunarlwydd place.
Pub food in Swansea on 11:56 - Mar 24 with 1797 viewsjack247

Pub food in Swansea on 09:47 - Mar 24 by Pegojack

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but need a recommendation for a pub Sunday pub lunch in Swansea area, coming down and taking my old mum out this Sunday.

Mixed views on here about Plough and Harrow, Llansamlet, what's the latest on that?

Only been to the Plough in Llansamlet a couple of times, very nice food and massive portions. A bit dark and dingy, but the food is great. Never had Sunday lunch there though.

If you don't mind going outside Swansea slightly, the Plough and Harrow in Murton is stunning. It's more of a restaurant than a pub these days, but perfect for a Sunday lunch with your mum. Pretty pricey though and you would probably need to book.
Pub food in Swansea on 15:46 - Mar 24 with 1762 viewsSwaneeRiver

Pub food in Swansea on 21:22 - Jan 2 by monmouth

Puzzled. I know the P&H at Brynhyfryd and the P&H by the crem. Is this another one?

Guess he meant Llangafelach ?
No he was right - Church Road Llansamlet.
Reminded me that a friend used to eat there all the time and said it was good value for money
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 15:49]
Pub food in Swansea on 13:41 - Mar 29 with 1659 viewsmax936

Watched Wales game in the Wig & Pen yday, didn't have any food there but the food looked tidy and the portions were big, nice big bright and airy pub fair do's.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 13:43]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Pub food in Swansea on 13:47 - Mar 29 with 1652 viewsDarran

Pub food in Swansea on 11:56 - Mar 24 by jack247

Only been to the Plough in Llansamlet a couple of times, very nice food and massive portions. A bit dark and dingy, but the food is great. Never had Sunday lunch there though.

If you don't mind going outside Swansea slightly, the Plough and Harrow in Murton is stunning. It's more of a restaurant than a pub these days, but perfect for a Sunday lunch with your mum. Pretty pricey though and you would probably need to book.

Talking of the Plough the Plough in Rhosmaen just the other side of Llandeilo is immense.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pub food in Swansea on 08:40 - Mar 30 with 1555 viewsPegojack

I ended up going to Chaplin Steakhouse in Mumbles. Two course Sunday lunch for £9.95, couldn't fault the quality, very good. Drinks a bit on the expensive side. Only about eight tables in there. They were fully booked and turned several punters away, not surprised. Went to Verdi's after for a coffee and to watch the tide coming in, place was rammed, then down to Langland to watch the surfers tottering in on the big rollers. Absolutely teriffic to get my fix of the Swansea coastline; that's one of the main things I miss living in Hereford.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 9:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024