Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time 09:39 - Jan 16 with 9165 viewsNorthernr

What a lovely old time we're going to have. Liveish from 9.45ish.

Arrives. Large swig of whiskey. Good morning to toothy Gary.

Sandro fit for Stoke and YSY the same, a big plus. Armand Traore not fit, got a problem with his toe, other than that we're ok.

Laughs about SWP. Good lad, not a minute's problem, we've offered him a chance to go out on loan. You have opinions on players, some you want and some you don't, that's what makes the game go around. He's got a great contract here, he doesn't want to go on loan, I've told him he needs to move on and play football. I've said it to him many times. Trains well, smashing fella, not a problem to me, but he needs to play. He won't get that money anywhere else so it's hard to move him on.

Man Utd, great game to look forward to, fans look forward to it, players looking forward to playing Man Utd, full of top players.

Pur-lease. This is pathetic.

We gave City a fentastic game, we've played Liverpool here, two of the better teams and given them a good game. We've got to try and get three points.

Ok, now job questions.

Who knows? I've got to beat Man Utd to save my job? Could have picked an easier one couldn't they? Everybody laughs, jolly japes. They've given me great support I've loved every minute of my time here, fentastic relationship with the chairman, I spoke to Tony yesterday, spoken to him all week, he hasn't mentioned anything of that nature. If they decide to go another way that's ok, I won't lose any sleep.

Playing well at home, if we'd beat Swansea here when we were leading into injury time, we'd be sixth or seventh bottom, one win can take you up foru or five places, just got to keep going.

I wouldn't be leaving home at half five this morning if I didn't still have the hunger.

One win and we're level with Everton. It'll go right down to the wire. We've got a group of players that have every chance of staying up.

We should have done better away from home, it's not been good enough.

Richard Dunne has been incredible for this club, fentastic for us last year in the Championship, last 20 minutes at Wembley he was incredible. One fan was upset and had a go, he had a young boy with him, and Clint Hill... I honestly haven't discussed it with the lads... Hill went over and spoke to him about his language in front of the boy.

Great for Charlie Austin to be POTM, well deserved, first I've heard of it, hope he keeps scoring, been brilliant, gives us a chance.

Charlie has proved he's a Premier League player, he wants to play in the Prem I want him to play for QPR in the Premier League.

No idea what he earns, what he's been offered, I don't deal with that at all.

Little Boy Jermaine has gone to Sunderland. Good signing for them. He'll score goals for sure. Too expensive.

Aaron Lennon, good player, no, don't know anything.

Who's putting bets on Aaron Lennon?

Yann M'Villa. Good player., Ruben to Inter. Good player. Don't think Inter have acquired about Adel.

Adel is fine. Just had his breakfast, he's good. Did well last week, worked really 'ard. Very pleased with him, trained well this week. If he's fit to play and train he's a player who can make a difference to you. Trained well. Back in the squad, pleased to have him.

Toothy Gary is now literally just saying names.

Adebayor, good player, very interesting, very good player, he'd be out of our budget I would think. Haven't discussed it.

Sky wnk off question is who is your three for the Balon D'Or and Arry says he likes Messi, Ronaldo and Neuer so he's really gone out on a limb.

The people who worked here before decided that Laurent wasn't good enough and could go. He went round a few places and got offered a deal by Brentford. He worked with the U21 group and the people running the group decided he wasn't going to make it here. Every chance they could be wrong, players get released and go and make it. New people came in and decided they wanted to keep him so we offered him a deal and he decided he wanted to go to Brentford. You're in the hands of the people who work with them every day, the U21s train seperately from the first team. It's a game of opinions. The people here before didn't like him, the new people thought he had a chance but he'd decided to go to Brentford. Wish him the best.

If the young players are good enough they'll play. No good you sticking a load of kids in the team if they can't do it, nobody will say he's only a young player from the youth team he's misisng chances letting goals in don't worry about it. If they're not good enough they can't play. It's an area we're looking to improve. We';re going to invest and we've got one or two kids we feel have a chance. Always has been a priority of mine yeh yeh. Look at my record over the years, I've played kids wherever I've been, if they're good enough. You can't play them if they're not good enough.

I've told SWP he need sto go out on loan or permanently. He's not going to move if he's got a fentastic contract. If you're earning X amount and somebody is offering you nowhere near that you're not going to go. I like him an awful lot, he comes out, trains hard, earns fentastic money, had a chance to go on loan to Blackburn, Bolton, one or two clubs, Charlton, tells me I'm not interested, doesn't want to know, wouldn't consider it. He doesn't want to go on loan. Nobody will pay the same money he earns here, difficult innit? You can't blame the boy, if you're earning 1000 a week and you're offeredd 100 a week you're not going to go. Nobody is blaming him, he's got a great contract.

We invested in the summer. The only unlucky one was Remy going, everything was in place, we had Remy with Charlie and there were goals there. We lost Remy and it was too late to replace him. Board excellent, backed me, no complaints. I'd let one or two go if I could and we can maybe get a good loan in but it's not easy to shioft people or get people in on loan at this time of year.

Niko was injured last week, trained this.

Adel been fine. All we ask him to do is come and train.

We're not far off where we're supposed to be. Let's be honest, look at Everton, I love the manager, he's fentastic, they've got 21 or 22 points you'd think they'd have more. We're down there, you wouldn't have to be too clever at the start to pick the teams that would be down there. Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Man City will be at the top, Southampton are a surprise. If we'd beaten Swansea we'd be at a point a game which is where we're looking to be.

It's up to people who own the club, their choice, I can only do my best, if it's not good enough that's up to other people, it's not easy, I'm not sitting here thinking we should be in the top six we're scrapping away with other teams we all thought would be down there.

Fans been fentastic, great support at home, home form excellent, could have had another five or six points, Liverpool and Swansea conceding in injury time, winning against Man City late. The away form is poor, we're the first to admit it, it's how many points you get, not where you get them from. We need enough points to make sure we stay up.

Give that dry ice machine a kick would you Joe.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 18:37 - Jan 16 with 881 viewsterryb

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 13:45 - Jan 16 by BostonR

Been a proper Rs fan for over 45yrs and most of that as a season ticket holder. So, I care a great deal about the club and have seen great teams, awful teams, great managers, poor managers etc.
HR is not a poor manager and we dont have a great team and right now I think he is doing an ok job as is our Chairman.
Most on here fire my Ollie post at me but I always respond and ask do you really remember how poor the hoofball was during his time? I see he is working miracles at Millwall now!

Boston

You like Harry. Fine. Your welcome to do so.

I do remember the dire football that we played at times under Holloway. I also know how dire the football has been under Redknapp. Funnily enough both managers were in charge when we gained promotion & both were in charge when we were relegated.

These look like remarkably similar records to me, yet you denigrate one of them & revere the other. Why?

Both of them have been managers at other clubs that have been promoted & relegated. I think Holloway is one promotion & relegation in front (I could be wrong on those figures).

Where there is a difference is that although the clubs (apart from Leicester) had no money to spend, Holloway left them in reasonable financial stability. Whereas, throughout his career, Redknapp has spent fortunes that his clubs did not pocess. Hence, why only Tottenham of the clubs he has managed, have excaped financial problems/ruin soon after his departure.

Please refrain from comparing the quality of the players that they have managed at Queens Park Rangers. Holloway's were mainly of third tier ability whilst Redknapp's are supposedly premier players.

I, for one, was pleased to see the end of Ollie's management at my club, but not in the manner that it was carried out. However, if we are to compare his record with HR's, I would say that Mr. Holloway comes out on top!
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 18:47]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024