Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time 09:39 - Jan 16 with 9164 viewsNorthernr

What a lovely old time we're going to have. Liveish from 9.45ish.

Arrives. Large swig of whiskey. Good morning to toothy Gary.

Sandro fit for Stoke and YSY the same, a big plus. Armand Traore not fit, got a problem with his toe, other than that we're ok.

Laughs about SWP. Good lad, not a minute's problem, we've offered him a chance to go out on loan. You have opinions on players, some you want and some you don't, that's what makes the game go around. He's got a great contract here, he doesn't want to go on loan, I've told him he needs to move on and play football. I've said it to him many times. Trains well, smashing fella, not a problem to me, but he needs to play. He won't get that money anywhere else so it's hard to move him on.

Man Utd, great game to look forward to, fans look forward to it, players looking forward to playing Man Utd, full of top players.

Pur-lease. This is pathetic.

We gave City a fentastic game, we've played Liverpool here, two of the better teams and given them a good game. We've got to try and get three points.

Ok, now job questions.

Who knows? I've got to beat Man Utd to save my job? Could have picked an easier one couldn't they? Everybody laughs, jolly japes. They've given me great support I've loved every minute of my time here, fentastic relationship with the chairman, I spoke to Tony yesterday, spoken to him all week, he hasn't mentioned anything of that nature. If they decide to go another way that's ok, I won't lose any sleep.

Playing well at home, if we'd beat Swansea here when we were leading into injury time, we'd be sixth or seventh bottom, one win can take you up foru or five places, just got to keep going.

I wouldn't be leaving home at half five this morning if I didn't still have the hunger.

One win and we're level with Everton. It'll go right down to the wire. We've got a group of players that have every chance of staying up.

We should have done better away from home, it's not been good enough.

Richard Dunne has been incredible for this club, fentastic for us last year in the Championship, last 20 minutes at Wembley he was incredible. One fan was upset and had a go, he had a young boy with him, and Clint Hill... I honestly haven't discussed it with the lads... Hill went over and spoke to him about his language in front of the boy.

Great for Charlie Austin to be POTM, well deserved, first I've heard of it, hope he keeps scoring, been brilliant, gives us a chance.

Charlie has proved he's a Premier League player, he wants to play in the Prem I want him to play for QPR in the Premier League.

No idea what he earns, what he's been offered, I don't deal with that at all.

Little Boy Jermaine has gone to Sunderland. Good signing for them. He'll score goals for sure. Too expensive.

Aaron Lennon, good player, no, don't know anything.

Who's putting bets on Aaron Lennon?

Yann M'Villa. Good player., Ruben to Inter. Good player. Don't think Inter have acquired about Adel.

Adel is fine. Just had his breakfast, he's good. Did well last week, worked really 'ard. Very pleased with him, trained well this week. If he's fit to play and train he's a player who can make a difference to you. Trained well. Back in the squad, pleased to have him.

Toothy Gary is now literally just saying names.

Adebayor, good player, very interesting, very good player, he'd be out of our budget I would think. Haven't discussed it.

Sky wnk off question is who is your three for the Balon D'Or and Arry says he likes Messi, Ronaldo and Neuer so he's really gone out on a limb.

The people who worked here before decided that Laurent wasn't good enough and could go. He went round a few places and got offered a deal by Brentford. He worked with the U21 group and the people running the group decided he wasn't going to make it here. Every chance they could be wrong, players get released and go and make it. New people came in and decided they wanted to keep him so we offered him a deal and he decided he wanted to go to Brentford. You're in the hands of the people who work with them every day, the U21s train seperately from the first team. It's a game of opinions. The people here before didn't like him, the new people thought he had a chance but he'd decided to go to Brentford. Wish him the best.

If the young players are good enough they'll play. No good you sticking a load of kids in the team if they can't do it, nobody will say he's only a young player from the youth team he's misisng chances letting goals in don't worry about it. If they're not good enough they can't play. It's an area we're looking to improve. We';re going to invest and we've got one or two kids we feel have a chance. Always has been a priority of mine yeh yeh. Look at my record over the years, I've played kids wherever I've been, if they're good enough. You can't play them if they're not good enough.

I've told SWP he need sto go out on loan or permanently. He's not going to move if he's got a fentastic contract. If you're earning X amount and somebody is offering you nowhere near that you're not going to go. I like him an awful lot, he comes out, trains hard, earns fentastic money, had a chance to go on loan to Blackburn, Bolton, one or two clubs, Charlton, tells me I'm not interested, doesn't want to know, wouldn't consider it. He doesn't want to go on loan. Nobody will pay the same money he earns here, difficult innit? You can't blame the boy, if you're earning 1000 a week and you're offeredd 100 a week you're not going to go. Nobody is blaming him, he's got a great contract.

We invested in the summer. The only unlucky one was Remy going, everything was in place, we had Remy with Charlie and there were goals there. We lost Remy and it was too late to replace him. Board excellent, backed me, no complaints. I'd let one or two go if I could and we can maybe get a good loan in but it's not easy to shioft people or get people in on loan at this time of year.

Niko was injured last week, trained this.

Adel been fine. All we ask him to do is come and train.

We're not far off where we're supposed to be. Let's be honest, look at Everton, I love the manager, he's fentastic, they've got 21 or 22 points you'd think they'd have more. We're down there, you wouldn't have to be too clever at the start to pick the teams that would be down there. Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Man City will be at the top, Southampton are a surprise. If we'd beaten Swansea we'd be at a point a game which is where we're looking to be.

It's up to people who own the club, their choice, I can only do my best, if it's not good enough that's up to other people, it's not easy, I'm not sitting here thinking we should be in the top six we're scrapping away with other teams we all thought would be down there.

Fans been fentastic, great support at home, home form excellent, could have had another five or six points, Liverpool and Swansea conceding in injury time, winning against Man City late. The away form is poor, we're the first to admit it, it's how many points you get, not where you get them from. We need enough points to make sure we stay up.

Give that dry ice machine a kick would you Joe.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:29 - Jan 16 with 2195 viewstraininvain

'If they decide to go another way that's ok, I won't lose any sleep.'

Assuming this is a real quote then it's great to see such fighting spirit from Redknapp. He's clearly really keen to make this job work...
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:31 - Jan 16 with 2179 viewsbosh67

I am surprised he doesn't just walk in with a giant ghetto blaster and push the presser tape button and just sit back slurping coffee while it plays.

When did Remy leave? I just thought he was having a very quiet season up front for us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:32 - Jan 16 with 2177 viewsBasingstokeR

Fk me he's mentioned Remy again! Who won this week's sweepstake?

"I wouldn't be leaving home at half five this morning if I didn't still have the hunger."
Hunger for what exactly? Hunger for something to do, a bit more cash? Hunger to get the very best out of everyone in your team? Hunger to build a lasting legacy at the clun?

And then the contrary...
"If they decide to go another way that's ok, I won't lose any sleep." - really what we want our manager to be saying? If you've got the hunger - in my book, you'd be losing some sleep.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:33 - Jan 16 with 2169 viewsPinnerPaul

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:20 - Jan 16 by A40Bosh

Harry DID actually say that!

Was he being deliberately ironic or just updating us on Adel's pre match routine!
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:35 - Jan 16 with 2162 viewsA40Bosh

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:29 - Jan 16 by traininvain

'If they decide to go another way that's ok, I won't lose any sleep.'

Assuming this is a real quote then it's great to see such fighting spirit from Redknapp. He's clearly really keen to make this job work...

Just as a point of reference, Norf is repeating pretty much word for word this week what Harry said.

There has been no need to embellish much this week, Harry is giving us enough one liners

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:36 - Jan 16 with 2150 viewsA40Bosh

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:33 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Was he being deliberately ironic or just updating us on Adel's pre match routine!

He was just being a bit smartarse to the questioner. He did then expand on how pleased he was with Adel as per Clive's notes.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:37 - Jan 16 with 2148 viewssimmo

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:28 - Jan 16 by stevec

First one I've watched but you cannot blame Harry for the inane standard of questioning. The Josh Laurent one probably the only question of any value whatsoever.

What is the point of press conferences? Reporters asking a set of questions we already know the answers to. No wonder he trots out the same rhetoric week after week.

Something has to go on the yellow ticker on Sky Sports News HD 24hr 'hub'. It can't all be Natalie and her big Bukkake eyes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:37 - Jan 16 with 2146 viewsstevec

Fair play to Harry to just sit there looking bored.

If I had to listen to those questions week after week, I'd take a machine gun to the room.
Login to get fewer ads

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:42 - Jan 16 with 2116 viewsBostonR

I dont get the constant barrage of bilge spouted on here about HR. I thought he answered the questions well and was honest in his responses.
I guess for those of you that are hoping he goes tmrw if we are beaten, you may have to wait as it appears TF is standing by him - which I hope he is.
HR is right - given where we are in the league is about where most pundits and fans thougt we would be. Some people need to get real!
I hope he stays and keeps us up and dishes out plenty of humble pie to the snipers on this board.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 2108 viewsJamie

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 09:51 - Jan 16 by Gloucs_R

Eyes down, Bingo time

I will start...

We lost Remy a day before deadline day, he would have got us 20 goals this season

We have a winner!!
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:45 - Jan 16 with 2108 viewstraininvain

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:42 - Jan 16 by BostonR

I dont get the constant barrage of bilge spouted on here about HR. I thought he answered the questions well and was honest in his responses.
I guess for those of you that are hoping he goes tmrw if we are beaten, you may have to wait as it appears TF is standing by him - which I hope he is.
HR is right - given where we are in the league is about where most pundits and fans thougt we would be. Some people need to get real!
I hope he stays and keeps us up and dishes out plenty of humble pie to the snipers on this board.

Not snipers just people who pay a lot of money to watch a football team with a manager who quite clearly couldn't give a fcuk.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 2060 viewsPinnerPaul

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:45 - Jan 16 by traininvain

Not snipers just people who pay a lot of money to watch a football team with a manager who quite clearly couldn't give a fcuk.

I don't think ALL the snipers DO pay a lot of money to watch tbh!
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:53 - Jan 16 with 2060 viewsWilloW4

was it 4 or 5 times that redknapp said "if" we had beaten Swansea.. We didn't!!! On and on he goes with "if" and "it's difficult ", "it's hard you know".. Whilst I agree that the questions he's asked are mostly inane and repetitive.. He has to show more enthusiasm surely.. But as he says "he won't lose any sleep over it"... So I'll try not to either.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:03 - Jan 16 with 2022 viewspaulparker

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:42 - Jan 16 by BostonR

If you don't get the constant Barrage of bile Redcrapp gets , then you obviously haven't seen us play the last 2 & 1/2 years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 1979 viewsRangersw12

Cannot believe you're standing by Redkanpp who clearly doesn't care about Rangers yet wanted us to lose so Holloway who did really care would get sacked...unbelievable

You can't be proper Rangers
[Post edited 16 Jan 2015 11:25]
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:16 - Jan 16 with 1954 viewstraininvain

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:53 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

I don't think ALL the snipers DO pay a lot of money to watch tbh!

Well I do so I reserve the right to snipe!
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:17 - Jan 16 with 1945 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 09:49 - Jan 16 by Hunterhoop

How about "yes, I've made a few mistakes this season and I've not got the best out of this squad. The players we have are good; they're capable. I just need to do my job, coach them, give them some better direction and guidance so I get them playing as a team and playing at their best. If I can do that, we'll stay up comfortably."

"And we'll give it a right go home and away from now on. We can hurt teams."

No?

Oh, okay.

Expect to hear how it's "ard", "difficult just looking at loans", and how Utd are a "fantastic" side.

Spot on.....
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:24 - Jan 16 with 1918 viewskensalriser

Fair play for the breakfast quip, that was a good one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:40 - Jan 16 with 1844 viewsQPunkR

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:37 - Jan 16 by simmo

Something has to go on the yellow ticker on Sky Sports News HD 24hr 'hub'. It can't all be Natalie and her big Bukkake eyes.

Why in the hell not??!

We should be told -_-

QPR - "shit but local"

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 11:55 - Jan 16 with 1791 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Apart from reading Clive's reports for a laugh (and, Christ, they do not disappoint!) I don't pay any heed to these press conferences. However, Redknapp does himself no favours with monotonous streams of nonsense, falsehoods and self-serving drivel.

Where, for instance, is the desire to paint the team in a positive light, or the club that so richly rewards him. He is an extremely public face for the club that has sent millions his way - is it too much to ask that he shows enthusiasm, motivation and a bit of pride?

There's little point getting upset on any given day, as all these pressers are pups from the same bad litter, but taken together they paint a picture of a man confiding in his real mates about the brats he has to put up with in his day-to-day life.

When we were kids one of our gang was sent to boarding school. When he returned on holidays we'd gather around and his demeanour when he told us about his put-upon life and about the lowlife he was forced to tolerate is replicated perfectly in Redknapp's sour puss every Friday.

Our advice then could be useful to Redknapp too - "if you don't like it, leave".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:15 - Jan 16 with 1732 viewsR_from_afar

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 10:20 - Jan 16 by Rangersw12

This Remy bollocks all over again everyone in the game knew he would leave last min and we should have had a contingency plan in place nobody to blame but Redknapp and TF for that one

Ring that Redknapp lie watch bell!

Even *with* Remy - Remy: a word which is usually in a very large font in the Harry Redknapp word cloud - we were pushing it. Zamora was known to be crocked - at least Harry has not tried to deny that - and if we are to believe our 'Arry (do I hear a bell ringing again somewhere?) Vargas is not a striker, meaning that we began the season with just three, well two and a half actually (Sir Charles, Remy and OBZ)...

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:21 - Jan 16 with 1713 viewsnadera78

Harry thinks getting up at 5:30 every morning and driving in from Bournemouth - for £3million a year - proves he's a good guy and committed to the club. Lots of people do similar for a hell of a lot less. Prat.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:25 - Jan 16 with 1682 viewsR_from_afar

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:21 - Jan 16 by nadera78

Harry thinks getting up at 5:30 every morning and driving in from Bournemouth - for £3million a year - proves he's a good guy and committed to the club. Lots of people do similar for a hell of a lot less. Prat.

Well done for highlighting that! What time a person leaves for work has absolutely nothing to do with how well they do their job.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 1652 viewstraininvain

Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:21 - Jan 16 by nadera78

It's likely that he's finished by midday given training times.
Deflector shield set to maxiumum strength, it's presser time on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 1651 viewssimmo

He doesn't even drive, that's Bondy Bonds job

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024